PDA

View Full Version : Why are cheaters not getting banned?

AlienMagi
02-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Why are known cheaters not getting banned at all?
We have crystal clear video evidence of a cheater in this general discussion forum
His name is "NotMacgyver" and days after getting recorded and reported he is still playing the game, this time already reputation 5 level just on lawbringer alone.

Why is this scum not being cleared out? Did we really pay for a full priced game just to get our games and IP's hacked? This is insane, I wonder how Ubisoft don't have a lawsuit on their hands yet.

OneLaw4you
02-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Why are known cheaters not getting banned at all?
We have crystal clear video evidence of a cheater in this general discussion forum
His name is "NotMacgyver" and days after getting recorded and reported he is still playing the game, this time already reputation 5 level just on lawbringer alone.

Why is this scum not being cleared out? Did we really pay for a full priced game just to get our games and IP's hacked? This is insane, I wonder how Ubisoft don't have a lawsuit on their hands yet.
because they need to investigate themselves. even in overwatch, where they perma ban. it takes months because its better to ban in waves than one person at a time. also, you cant sue them because people are cheating in their game. the judge will laugh at you.

Heelidar
02-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Sometimes known cheaters are left to play in order to make and test a good tool against them.

Thanapetus
02-20-2017, 03:57 PM
because they need to investigate themselves. even in overwatch where they perma ban, it takes months because its better to ban in waves than one person at a time. also, you cant sue them because people are cheating in their game. the judge will laugh at you.

Actually UBISOFT can seek litigation the issue is cost versus building a case. Let's face it, most hackers are dirt poor script kids (or immature adults) who love cheating the system as they can not operate under the normal parameters of society and the norms within. Most TOS and EULA has specific clauses that they can seek litigation under within their forum of choice and by you continuing to play the game, waive any right to argue otherwise.

I know of multiple companies suing individual players and guilds for cheating. Every single defendant was broke, living with their parents, and unable to pay the thousands in restitution.

Mythic Entertainment
Sony/Verant
Blizzard
NCSOFT

I remember a case where the defendant made a pretty compelling case citing multiple consumer protections but the judge in CA struck it down as NCSOFT has sole rights to determine what is acceptable or not and can determine with or without notice. What stood out was the defendant was 27, living at home and was kicked out of multiple high schools for cheating.

OneLaw4you
02-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Actually UBISOFT can seek litigation the issue is cost versus building a case. Let's face it, most hackers are dirt poor script kids (or immature adults) who love cheating the system as they can not operate under the normal parameters of society and the norms within. Most TOS and EULA has specific clauses that they can seek litigation under within their forum of choice and by you continuing to play the game, waive any right to argue otherwise.

I know of multiple companies suing individual players and guilds for cheating. Every single defendant was broke, living with their parents, and unable to pay the thousands in restitution.

Mythic Entertainment
Sony/Verant
Blizzard
NCSOFT

I remember a case where the defendant made a pretty compelling case citing multiple consumer protections but the judge in CA struck it down as NCSOFT has sole rights to determine what is acceptable or not and can determine with or without notice. What stood out was the defendant was 27, living at home and was kicked out of multiple high schools for cheating.
um I'm pretty sure hes talking about people suing ubi, not the other way around. I know full and well companies have went after people for cheating.

"Did we really pay for a full priced game just to get our games and IP's hacked? This is insane, I wonder how Ubisoft don't have a lawsuit on their hands yet." this statement already shows hes talking bout ubi getting sued.

Thanapetus
02-20-2017, 04:08 PM
um I'm pretty sure hes talking about people suing ubi, not the other way around. I know full and well companies have went after people for cheating.

To actually sue UBISOFT you first would have to defeat the forum selection and binding arbitration clause. If you did manage that, then you would have to state your claim on which a reward could be granted, if you filed in a state court UBISOFT would most likely remove it ,under the Eerie Doctrine, to a federal court and file a 12b6 of the FRCP (federal rules of civil procedure) to get it dismissed.

Your best case would be to get an opt-in class action suit and even that is so thin it is one sided. Courts typically side with gaming companies unless blatant discriminatory practices present themselves. I know Sony/Verant lost a multi-million dollar lawsuit in 2004 for racial discrimination against an all black guild in Everquest.

PR0P4NE
02-20-2017, 04:16 PM
It's too early, simple as that.

The Division was full of cheats for months. Heck, it still is. But they do get banned if it's blatant, so have patience.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Companies tend to ban in waves, so that the cheat programmers can't reverse engineer which part of the cheat was discovered, thus making it harder for them to circumvent the anti-cheat detection.

As far as I know anyway.

Thanapetus
02-20-2017, 05:04 PM
It's too early, simple as that.

The Division was full of cheats for months. Heck, it still is. But they do get banned if it's blatant, so have patience.

The division is so bad the consoles now have rampant cheating. UBISOFT has one of the worst records in gaming regarding stopping cheating. I didnt think the cheating would be this prevalent in the first 7 days post release

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 05:16 PM
There should be a law that protect the company from the user who destroying their products(including hack,cheat), even it's a digital format just like the other internet crime, because it'a property and fame issue.

Without hacker the company can earn more money, so the judge won't laugh if that actually affect the income and brand, so why don't make it happen once and for all, tell the judge your product get invaded by hacker and should be protected by law just like the other internet crime?

Thanapetus
02-20-2017, 05:28 PM
There should be a law that protect the company from the user who destroying their products(including hack,cheat), even it's a digital format just like the other internet crime, because it'a property and fame issue.

Without hacker the company can earn more money, so the judge won't laugh if that actually affect the income and brand, so why don't make it happen once and for all, tell the judge your product get invaded by hacker and should be protected by law just like the other internet crime?

I would wager the only way a gaming company will bring suit is if the hacking company is making substantial income from the hack (like Blizzard suing Peons.com) It is NOT cheap to bring a lawsuit and what will you recover? Not much and if you get a garnishment? They still wont to pay it and it will leave your financial records after 7 years. You cant make someone go to jail for owing debt.

Do I think it should be felony with imprisonment of 6months or more, 10k fine and injunction against all gaming, yes. Will it happen? No because of liberal organizations such as the ACLU who side with lawbreakers over victims rights every time.

I personally think gaming companies should post the name on the account, console ID, email address publicly on a shaming list. However, ACLU has threatened freedom of speech lawsuits against 2 companies for threatening such actions.

l3OoOM
02-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Did we really pay for a full priced game just to get our games and IP's hacked? This is insane, I wonder how Ubisoft don't have a lawsuit on their hands yet.

+1 for all that is quoted.
Wow. This one is really big. Not only lags, delays and connection issues/errors. BUT THIS!

just make it even more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU5bIalbnc

right after 9 minutes and 58 seconds into this video.

To think of it, this is even bigger than the connection problems.

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Tell ACLU that individual rights is no bigger than the others, if that people didn't do anything hurting the other, nobody give a fuxk about how miserable their lives are, but in fact they did, so law should punish them if this is what ACLU are trying to do, protect the right to the victims not the lawbreakers ffs.

twharless12
02-20-2017, 05:45 PM
To actually sue UBISOFT you first would have to defeat the forum selection and binding arbitration clause. If you did manage that, then you would have to state your claim on which a reward could be granted, if you filed in a state court UBISOFT would most likely remove it ,under the Eerie Doctrine, to a federal court and file a 12b6 of the FRCP (federal rules of civil procedure) to get it dismissed.

Your best case would be to get an opt-in class action suit and even that is so thin it is one sided. Courts typically side with gaming companies unless blatant discriminatory practices present themselves. I know Sony/Verant lost a multi-million dollar lawsuit in 2004 for racial discrimination against an all black guild in Everquest.

Dude. So much Civ-Pro in one post. I thought I was done with this stuff, it caused me such a headache lol.

RatedChaotic
02-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Well if your gaming on a PC get used to it. Even when hes banned 10 more will take his place. Its a never ending battle in PC gaming.

FourthVariety
02-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Arcade games used to kick your behind to nickle and dime you.
Home versions had cheats since they could not monetize you beyond the initial sale..
Then magazines took your money in exchange for cheats.
Then publishers included leaflets for cheat hotlines in their games. Pay per call to inquire cheat code.
Then the internet ruined all that.

Suddenly publishers developed this anti-cheating stance and a lot of games where cheating had a high impact on the enjoyment of others. Naturally, you can still pay $20 to the developer and get a gear boost that is basically cheating. Remember, if another person plays 100h more than you, it is skill, not cheating. If another person pays $20 for loot crates, it is f2p, not cheating. If somebody does not pay the publisher with time or money, it is cheating. Some games offer mere skins (Overwatch) and the situation is better. But since money in ForHonor can be translated into better loot and loot being quite the factor, the situation is rather ugly. We have more than isolated cheaters, we have an entire culture of cheating and tons of monetarization build around it.

The other issue being that the game having p2p matches, Ubisoft can only catch cheaters if they actively run processes on your machine as an administrator. That is about the most inefficient method one can think of. Especially when it takes but one look into my firewall to see how the anti cheat engine authenticates against one server, but tries to report to another.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Jesus Christ, you're a whole new level of stupid.

Did you just compare better items (a marginal increase in a stat (with a reduction to another)) to cheating? Meaning, being able to perform actions that are otherwise not possible, basically making you invincible?

Also, someone playing 100h more than you IS NOT skill.

You are wrong on so many levels my head hurts.

Gnarxly
02-20-2017, 06:44 PM
The division is so bad the consoles now have rampant cheating. UBISOFT has one of the worst records in gaming regarding stopping cheating. I didnt think the cheating would be this prevalent in the first 7 days post release

I'm playing every day (on PC) and haven't met a cheater yet. Some of you are just eternal doom and gloomers, probably bad at the game too.

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm playing every day (on PC) and haven't met a cheater yet. Some of you are just eternal doom and gloomers, probably bad at the game too.

Really, I trust you The Divison have no cheater on PC, HA HA HA, sorry couldn't stop myself.

Thanapetus
02-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Dude. So much Civ-Pro in one post. I thought I was done with this stuff, it caused me such a headache lol.

Civ-Pro was one of my shining moments last semester. However, I know your pain! yay for fellow law school players :)