PDA

View Full Version : nobushi - Bleed and run issue

Edmondheyyo
02-20-2017, 03:00 PM
I use and face Nobushi a lot in duel and I think she is super strong and not fun to play against.

All you need to do is abuse the bleed and out run some of the other classes. For instance, i can apply bleed to a Kensei and just run. He would never be able to catch me.

Does anyone think that the bleed is a bit too strong as well? Should it be nerf?

PackingMoney
02-20-2017, 03:08 PM
I use and face Nobushi a lot in duel and I think she is super strong and not fun to play against.

All you need to do is abuse the bleed and out run some of the other classes. For instance, i can apply bleed to a Kensei and just run. He would never be able to catch me.

Does anyone think that the bleed is a bit too strong as well? Should it be nerf?

Bleed really isn't that strong, it just seems that way because it damages over time. In reality it is like getting hit by a heavy, but just not taking the damage all at once.

warlorth
02-20-2017, 03:12 PM
well, add attack speed of light attacks to 3 bleed attacks. its quite strong.

BadgerBadger25
02-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Well if you're bleeding and running in 1v1, you're a bit of a scumbag haha

cstratus
02-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Her bleeds are fairly strong. Her strongest bleed is just slightly faster than a heavy making it fairly easily to block with some practice. One of her bleeds can be used while holding down on the left stick and light attack. This bleed does have a very long range though it always come from the "up" position making it easy to predict.

Her kit also specifically states "tactical retreats". It's her specialty to turn around and make you chase after her unprotected. This does allow nobushi players to bleed players down that fall for the baits.

How to counter this - play smart and close the gap. She is weak when caught up close. Most nobushi players use her triple light attacks which is what most people complain about. Play defensive and watch what that specific person does. People have tendencies to try the same move again and again. Once you're comfortable with your opponent use cancel moves, dodges or gap closing abilities to get in close range. Keep that pressure up and throw her into a retreat. Also keep in mind that if she makes a successful retreat you should always be in the up guard position to block her longest range attack while you restart your dance to close the range again.

AgentCelt
02-20-2017, 04:59 PM
The actual bleed isn't what does the damage I find when I play as or against her, she has a hero specific called Way of the Shark. Allows her to do extra damage against someone that is already bleeding.

Edmondheyyo
02-20-2017, 05:54 PM
I mean bleeding should be a mechanics to force people engage in a fight especially when the bleed can finish them off. But the problem is that some of the classes just being out run by the Nobushi and there is no chance for them to touch her.

When I am playing as a Nobushi and against a similar skill-level player, I can always sit back and counter attack with the bleed. It is quite often that my opponent being killed by the bleed.

I don't think this is a fun mechanics.

I think it is better if the bleed can't finish the last drop of health.

PunkPirateAFO
02-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Bleed is mainly there to keep people from running. Thats one of its main utilities. Why else would Nobu's running light be a far reaching bleed poke?