PDA

View Full Version : Worse than LoL

VTheMan032
02-20-2017, 02:19 PM
You guys are Worse than LoL... rlly...

Joined that Discord they have been promoting.... asking for actual help... getting "git gud" comments....

I rlly wished the internet posted our actual names....... the anonimity rlly brings out the d-bags in ppl

CaptainGelo
02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Said the guy insulting everyone

Umngyr
02-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Can't say i agree with the assesment. People i've met on the forum and in-game have been generally wellmannered. Of course there are exceptions, but the law of averages says you'll run into SOME *******s these days.

MrForz
02-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Within anonymity, LoL bred one type of awful behavior, the masses attracted to Dark Souls 3 bred the other type. And the results of those two phenomenons mindlessly run around with the few things they repeatedly spew out.

darksavior1977
02-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Wouldn't matter, with real names, people would be d-bags online still and all that would change is someone threatening to dox them, come to their house and harm them, or other such shenanigans that lead to people just being even bigger d-bags. Its something about being online, not anonymous, that creates keyboard warriors and foments nerd rage, much like getting into to traffic causes road rage. Case in point, people are still MASSIVE ****** bags on Facebook, and that uses real names, and usually to people on their "friends" list. So its not about being anonymous.

Jarnhand
02-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Problem with games like this is that due to it not having any sub andbeing a PvP game, the game will be (at least to begin with) filled with kids and toxic people.

But yeah, free to play games like DOTA2 are far more toxic ingame, with ragers and 'pro' kids.

Do I have something against kid/teens players? No, but based on my experience the large part of ragers, quiters, 'get gud' people, cheater/hackers and toxic players are mostly kids and teenagers with selfasteem issues taking it out on other people, acting all tough and pro while sitting behind their screens at their moms house.

The only way for a company to hinder a bad community and to actively make a game more welcoming, is to hunt hackers/cheaters very actively and implement mechanics that puts ragers/quiters/namescallers etc in their own match queue, like DOTA2 does (more or less). Its the only way they may learn, the only thing that works is direct consequences to their actions. This way normal players are spared of their toxicity and they are put in matches with like minded, so they taste their own medicine.