PDA

View Full Version : A Tip for everyone playing this game....

GRAFTuk
02-20-2017, 01:43 PM
If you lose a fight, don't come here moaning about it....
Go into practice mode and get a bit better and don't lose your next one.

If your Beat then it's your own fault

CaptainGelo
02-20-2017, 01:44 PM
If you lose a fight, don't come here moaning about it....
Go into practice mode and get a bit better and don't lose your next one.

If your Beat then it's your own fault
Oh so pro.
Bet you main either Warden or Orochi

awolcz
02-20-2017, 01:50 PM
What I actually do when I loose a fight is that I press ready button just to play with that person again. I will get better only if I learn how to beat someone I could not beat before. It's a pity that the most people don't want re-match.

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Oh so pro.

Hard to face the truth?

Cyricke
02-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Lulz

There is no skill in this game. It's pretend.

He who decides to turtle and abuse parries wins this game more than any other type of player. Thereby disqualifying any semblance of so called skill in the game.

If the game were to reward offense and defense evenly rather than favoring defense than this game would be great. As it is now, the player who focuses on using parries and concretely opposes using his own offense in fear of being parried himself, is the one who wins.

Remove parry, make turtles have to actually move around and contribute to the fight rather than it being one sided for whoever enjoys the pansey wimpy turtle play style.

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Lulz

There is no skill in this game. It's pretend.

Remove parry,

Legit how to defeat yourself 101.

Cyricke
02-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Legit how to defeat yourself 101.

It's not fun dude. At a high elo all you get is guys who turtle up and wait for you to attack so they can parry. You can switch up attacks feints and combos all you want, they will continue trying to block and parry everything. They have completely ousted using offense because they know there's no advantage, using offense gets you punished while sticking to defense gives you absolutely no disadvantage only huge advantages such as parrying or dodging into light attacks.

There is absolutely no skill in this game. Whomever decides to throw fun out the window and dedicate themselves to the turtle playstyle only countering offensive enemies wins this game 9/10 times.

I lose interest in being good or playing the game when I witnessed multiple games consecutively chock full of turtles who do nothing but block and parry. The game is crap dude. I choose not to play and am more interested in exposing this game for what it truly is. Turtle paradise.

MrForz
02-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Oh you hero you.

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 02:45 PM
It's not fun dude. At a high elo all you get is guys who turtle up and wait for you to attack so they can parry. You can switch up attacks feints and combos all you want, they will continue trying to block and parry everything. They have completely ousted using offense because they know there's no advantage, using offense gets you punished while sticking to defense gives you absolutely no disadvantage only huge advantages such as parrying or dodging into light attacks.

There is absolutely no skill in this game. Whomever decides to throw fun out the window and dedicate themselves to the turtle playstyle only countering offensive enemies wins this game 9/10 times.

I lose interest in being good or playing the game when I witnessed multiple games consecutively chock full of turtles who do nothing but block and parry. The game is crap dude. I choose not to play and am more interested in exposing this game for what it truly is. Turtle paradise.

I never fighted against a turtle(if you don't count conqueror as a moving one)since I'm am at the "starting to faint" MMR point,but I saw some videos about this,and I totally agree that things should change.But removing parry?Removing the single hardest thing to do for defend yourself?I was thinking more to a consumption of stamina if you block,so they would have to parry more, exposing themselves to faints.Another solution could be to let only parry to stop comboes,helping chars like kensei to deal more damage.

Cyricke
02-20-2017, 02:56 PM
I never fighted against a turtle(if you don't count conqueror as a moving one)since I'm am at the "starting to faint" MMR point,but I saw some videos about this,and I totally agree that things should change.But removing parry?Removing the single hardest thing to do for defend yourself?I was thinking more to a consumption of stamina if you block,so they would have to parry more, exposing themselves to faints.Another solution could be to let only parry to stop comboes,helping chars like kensei to deal more damage.

You think the guys who only stand still and react to offense looking to parry sacrificing nothing themselves should be able to use parry and get a free heavy on the player taking the risk of initiating the fight?

You're too far gone dude.

This game needs to take away punishing the player who is actually trying to play the game aka initiating the offense between you two. If you can, Evade, Block, Parry, or GB a gap closing offensive player, why would a tryhard ever choose offense over defense? They won't. This game completely caters to guys willing to stand still and do nothing but react as evidenced by the numerous defensive tools I previously mentioned. On the other hand, offensive minded players have no counters to turtles. A turtle abusing defense will win a round before the best feint abusing offense, 9/10 times.

Parry needs to go. Or game can just be turtle paradise n die.

CrusadingNoble
02-20-2017, 03:35 PM
Oh so pro.

What does it matter what he plays? Are you saying that playing as a Wardeon or Orochi requries less skill? Or that they are so much better that they make other classes useless? Either way you are a salty scrub.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 03:44 PM
You think the guys who only stand still and react to offense looking to parry sacrificing nothing themselves should be able to use parry and get a free heavy on the player taking the risk of initiating the fight?

You're too far gone dude.

This game needs to take away punishing the player who is actually trying to play the game aka initiating the offense between you two. If you can, Evade, Block, Parry, or GB a gap closing offensive player, why would a tryhard ever choose offense over defense? They won't. This game completely caters to guys willing to stand still and do nothing but react as evidenced by the numerous defensive tools I previously mentioned. On the other hand, offensive minded players have no counters to turtles. A turtle abusing defense will win a round before the best feint abusing offense, 9/10 times.

Parry needs to go. Or game can just be turtle paradise n die.

Promise, i'm not trying to argue with you...just clarifying for the sake of understanding. Isn't bash/push the counter to guard/parry??

The way I understand it:

Offense = attack
Block = counter to offense
Parry = retaliation to successful blocked attack
Bash = counter to blocking

In conjunction, it's like a giant game of rock/paper/scissors. If someone is "turtling" as you say, why not bash them to open them up to more offense? There are a lot of switch-up attacks that incorporate bashes into the combo. I find these best to open up a very defensive player.

Also, mode would matter a lot in this discussion. Are we speaking from a 1v1 duel standpoint? Because obviously in the bigger modes a lot of this goes out the window considering how gang-banging (2-3 on 1) seems to be the "go-to" engagements within dominion and deathmatch lol.