PDA

View Full Version : NOW P2P becomes e real problem - DDOS attacks!

DKDNZ
02-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Besides all the discusions about the connectivity issues, P2P becomes a real security Problem.

P2P connects the players together. Every player is abble to see the IP adress of all the other players in the game. Some hackers now use this information to dsiconnect players they dont like. Or players who are hard to beat so they can easily win the game. For faster leveling or a perfect win ratio.

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Well, dw they are telling themselves how weak they actually are by doing that, each time they do this, each time the inferiority complex grow inside their little heart and feel how small they really are at the same time :D

DKDNZ
02-20-2017, 03:10 PM
What I am really afraid of is, that attacking your IP is so simple that every salty kid could do this. Plus P2P give them your IP for free. And that's something ubisoft can't punish. Only avoid it by hiding the IP. But as I know, this is impossible by using P2P.

Worst case, this salty Kid hates you so much he attacks you every evening till he gets boring... this doesn't affect only for honor, this is about your whole internet connectivity.

If something like this really happens, i would like to know how responsible uibsoft for this is?!

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Read about it earlier today on reddit r/forhonor in a post with screens and 1st hand witness account

Read here: https://redd.it/5v10w0

Seems to be a problem atm, from what you read in the comments a lot of ppl are complaining about it in the FH discord channel

DKDNZ
02-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Read about it earlier today on reddit r/forhonor in a post with screens and 1st hand witness account

Read here: https://redd.it/5v10w0

Seems to be a problem atm, from what you read in the comments a lot of ppl are complaining about it in the FH discord channel

Yes. I also read this on reddit. And after I read this I realized that I had noticed that more than once my self. I played a lot of games (+40 hours) and there were a view where all high prestige players left the game right now when it starts...

Just think about ranked games like in overwatch. That hackers could have a free win all the time... what a future!

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Just feel sad to them...who care about their win rate anyway, i don't even care mine...i just feel sorry for their lives, must be so hollow and gross.

DKDNZ
02-20-2017, 10:01 PM
This is very important so make this visible for the devs. If they didn't know right now!

Jarnhand
02-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Pretty sure there isnt much Ubisoft can do about it since it s P2P game...

strecs
02-21-2017, 08:39 AM
I wonder if the game tracks wins by forfeit (other player disconnects). If so it'd be easy for the devs to find these accounts and make them buy a new copy of the game.

xxspetznaxx
02-21-2017, 08:53 AM
Pretty serious security concerns here. Things come to my mind like the streamer that got "swatted" because of his p2p connection on COD.

Especially given the level of frustration this game can cause it's players. I can see this being a huge problem.

And then you have Ubi support telling players to place hardware into the DMZ to achieve this bs "green NAT." Which will inevitably leave them more vulnerable.

Smh.. I could see this game and how they've handled it causing some legal trouble for Ubi. Best get it sorted.

SirCorrino
02-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Anyone doing it should be banned permanently from both the game and PSN/XBL/uPlay/Steam as applicable. It's illegal, but unfortunately hard to punish outside the game.

xxspetznaxx
02-21-2017, 09:20 AM
pretty sure the terms cover this, did anyone read them?

Doubtful they are covered well enough that a highly paid team of class action lawyers couldn't crack them. And seriously, at the moment it's a defective product anyway, on multiple accounts. Not the least being people paying for in game items and extras and not receiving them.

They received legal pressure over the botched and buggy release of AC Unity and as a result ended up giving those who purchased it a free copy of Far Cry, the one that launched right after Unity.

So yes they CAN be held accountable. No company is allowed to play fast and loose with the security of their customers. They just hedge their bets that there won't be enough serious breeches to warrant litigation. As in you probably won't sue over a DoS attack, but nearly getting your head blown off by SWAT cops would hold some weight in court.

xxspetznaxx
02-21-2017, 09:30 AM
swatting isnīt just a thing since for honor. You can hardly hold ubisoft responsible for this.

Like McDonalds couldn't be held accountable for someone scalding themself with their coffee.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just saying it very well could. Cases have been made and won with less ground to stand on.

And like I said, internet security aside, if enough customers walk away feeling ripped off that's trouble enough. Consumer protection laws do exist, and it wouldn't be the first time Ubi was in hot water.

DKDNZ
02-21-2017, 04:15 PM
After a quick research, i came to the conclusion that UBISOFT is violating their own ToS, at least in germany. I am no lawyer, but i think this sharing of IP address is not legit. Someone else might say something to this.

This is something i did not think about. According to the german law, the IP Adress is a privat information like name, adress, email and so on.

Making the IP visible because of P2P could be legit, If they told us (the buyers) before buying, that this system is a security risk. And I can tell that nobody told me that. I thought like many others this would be running on dedicated servers. And According to german right the seller has to tell you about special thinks like this.

Besides, P2P could be a legit use to get refund!

P.S.: I like this game, and I don't want a refund! I just don't like the way this hit a new cheating level. For me :) So in future you will not only get hater mails/messages you can ignore. No, they just attack your IP or worse knocking at your door...