PDA

View Full Version : Emphasis on environment damage.

Immortal_Zeal
02-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Was the entirety of this game based with environment damage in mind? I'm not really complaining but it does seem to be everywhere. Or did the devs simply not foresee the amount it would be used, especially given how broken GB is.

There just seems to be too many opportunities to throw someone off a ledge. Even in duels, people just insist on trying to throw you off a bridge or into geysers. Plenty of time I've purposefully not used pits and spikes to 1 shot whilst the opponent insists on trying.

Just seems odd, a game such as this with an intricate combat system (bar light attack spam for some classes) where people would rather take a cheap kill as opposed to use there skills or weapons etc.

If I get lobbed off a ledge it's typically my own fault but on some maps it is just all people do. The one map 4 pits on the control point and spikes around the side. Even a glancing blow of an enemy is enough to send you spiraling to your doom.

PR0P4NE
02-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Having played The Division, and now For Honor, I do think that Ubi and their studios make games (that have PvP) with a certain player mindset in mind. I believe they put things like environmental damage, death by falling, spike traps etc into the game to allow a sense of realism (after all, who wouldn't utilise these factors in a fight?).

However, "realistic" things in games often lead to cheap playstyles and ultimately griefing, and expecting your players to play with honor and dignity when you can end a fight with a shove into a pit, then grab your loot and run, is a bit of a pipe dream.

The community needs to come up with an unwritten code of conduct, nay a code of HONOR when playing this game. Fight by the code and be respected win or lose. Don't fight by the code, then you get a reputation as a dirty fighter, one who lacks honor. One who should be avoided.

Maybe a reputation system based on the actual kill is needed. The more honourable the kill, the more reputation you get. Then matchmaking can be based on this system instead of level or skill; honor matched with honor, and the dirty fighters can bunce each other off cliffs to their hearts content.

Xemirkol
02-20-2017, 11:57 AM
I wouldn't mind this stuff if it wasn't freaking everywhere.

Gets really old really fast.

Immortal_Zeal
02-20-2017, 12:02 PM
That's kind of my point, now it's just boring. And I feel it detracts from the main spirit of the game. I couldn't imagine castles and forts centuries ago utilising so many pits and traps on the inside of their walls.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 12:49 PM
That's kind of my point, now it's just boring. And I feel it detracts from the main spirit of the game. I couldn't imagine castles and forts centuries ago utilising so many pits and traps on the inside of their walls.

Instead of thinking of it as castles from centuries ago, perhaps think of them as castles in a galaxy far, far away.