PDA

View Full Version : The perfect modern day we want to have

ERICATHERINE
02-20-2017, 11:02 AM
With the next game still having no release date, and with more than a year having passed since syndicate, not to mention it surely wasn't the same team that did the ac movie and the next ac game or that this game game can also be released in 2018, there is a ton of reason for the next ac game to have the return of the good day of the md. So, I wondered what other ac fan would want for it, in this forum.

As for myself, here is what would be my perfect md section for an ac game.

We would be a customized character. We would decide what we would look like as an Assassin. Which sex do you want? Would we want to have our hood on, like Desmond and Galina, or to have no hood like William or Shaun, or even Lucy when we were still thinking she was an Assassin? Which hair color would we want? Which cloths would we want? Which skin color or eyes color?

Why would we want to customize our md characters, you ask? Because we don't want to see a million of the same body at the same place, of course. Yup, you guessed it. The md would not only be the place for story, but also for coop multiplayer. That coop could be dpne just like a mix of ac unityand hitman. The mission you would want to do could be diferent each time you do one. I'm not only talking about the mission itself, but also about how it could be done. Do you want to do it just like Desmond in ac 3 (with a hidden blade), do you want to help your teamates by using a sniper, do you want to barge into the building with an atomatic and kill every guards you cross or do you want to do it undetected for the entire mission? You could do any of those things if you want. Of course I know that some playstyle might not fit with each other. So, when you want to do a coop mission you should first choose the gunyou want to use and the gun you choose will determine with which player you will play. For exemple, if you chose a silent pistol then you will not have an automatic gun player in your team. The hidden blades would be the only weapon you would always have. Of course if you want to do the md alone you can and the dificulty would adapt it to your number, but I would sure find it more fun to play with my friends. Also know that not all missions would be in coop. The more story related ones would be done in solo.

In the md, you would have access to many diferent Assassin HQ. You would start at one, and from a certain moment in the game, you would have access to the Altair ii (Gavin Banks HQ boat). From it, you could go to any other Assassin HQ and talk with the crew members if you want and when you want to arrive imeditely to the destination you just go to sleep. In the Altair ii and any other Assassin HQ, you can explore them entirely. Anywhere you go, you could talk with a more or less important md character.

THAT, would be my best md ever. So, like I said, I'm curious. What would YOU want the next md to be like? ^-^

ArmanYeghoyan
02-20-2017, 01:35 PM
For me it will be good,if we will play either as Galina or Charlotte.But like the fan of AC i don't want to see Desmond's son as playable character:D

Sorrosyss
02-20-2017, 01:59 PM
*Gets in before snarky comments about playing Watch Dogs if you want Modern Day* :p

But eh, I've done numerous threads before on why I want a character creator for the online multiplayer, so you get my vote. If they refuse to give us a proper embellished character like Desmond, and whilst I hope that person to be Charlotte or Galina, if they put us down the whole route of playing as ourselves (again) then I want to create and see my own Assassin. Most of Ubi's IPs have character creators now, I see no reason why their flagship franchise can't be the same.

One complaint I see about the online portion proposal is that people have an image of an MMO with hundreds of Assassins running across rooftops. For most open world console games though, you don't tend to see lobbies larger than 16 players. Could even halve that and you'd rarely see another player going about their business.

But anyway. The next game is likely in an advanced state now. The time for Modern Day feedback was back in 2015 when Syndicate disappointed the Modern Day fans. At the time of launch it was one of the biggest complaints across the fanbase, especially after Unity's debacle. "Oh well, thanks for your help, turns out we didn't need you after all."

If they haven't got the message by now that fans want Modern Day back in a big way, then I can't fathom the decision making process over there. If we're a floating tablet walking around an office, or merely cutscenes again, then you've immediately let down alot of fans. Feedback was given. Guess we'll find out if they're listening. :p

LoyalACFan
02-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Desmond's ex. The mother of his 'chosen one' child. Seriously, I know of literally zero games where you play as a mother, it would be interesting to say the least.

ERICATHERINE
02-20-2017, 05:05 PM
... you get my vote.

Thanks. ^-^

For most open world console games though, you don't tend to see lobbies larger than 16 players. Could even halve that and you'd rarely see another player going about their business.

Well, apart from destiny, I don't know much about that, but that game can make team of 12, so, yea, that's more than 8, though I must say that's for private pvp only. As for coop, on the other hand, you're right about that. With destiny the maximum of persons we can have on a team is 6, so, I have to give you that. The thing is, itwould not be about asking other player to do it with us. I mean, sure, we can if we want, but in one way or the other there would be an optional matchmaking. The choice of using or not would be ours and available for each coop missions. ^-^

If they haven't got the message by now that fans want Modern Day back in a big way, then I can't fathom the decision making process over there. If we're a floating tablet walking around an office, or merely cutscenes again, then you've immediately let down alot of fans. Feedback was given. Guess we'll find out if they're listening. :p

I so hope they are. ^-^

Helforsite
02-21-2017, 09:09 PM
I would like a few linear level mission (half assassinations, half climbing courses/challenges).

cawatrooper9
02-22-2017, 03:08 PM
I actually really like the idea of customizing the character. There's only so much customization we can do in the Animus (due to, you know, the nature of not straying too far from the reality of the past) but there's no reason our MD character can't be something more. If they really wanted to do something cool with it, we could have a Mass Effect style port, where our character and their choices (in the MD) carry over game to game. That would be something I wouldn't mind waiting 2 years between games for.

Helforsite
02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
I am actually against character customization, because it makes a good story harder to build, not impossible, but harder, because you have to leave everything related to body parameters out of the story otherwise it wont make sense.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2017, 04:06 PM
I am actually against character customization, because it makes a good story harder to build, not impossible, but harder, because you have to leave everything related to body parameters out of the story otherwise it wont make sense.

I'm not sure I totally agree with that. I think a lot of games do a spectacular job allowing deeper customization while still allowing a good story- going back to Mass Effect, many Bioware games have achieved this with flying colors.

ERICATHERINE
02-22-2017, 10:24 PM
I actually really like the idea of customizing the character. There's only so much customization we can do in the Animus (due to, you know, the nature of not straying too far from the reality of the past) but there's no reason our MD character can't be something more. If they really wanted to do something cool with it, we could have a Mass Effect style port, where our character and their choices (in the MD) carry over game to game. That would be something I wouldn't mind waiting 2 years between games for.

That could be great. In fact if the rumor is true Destiny will do something like that for destiny 2. Everything our characters we want to keep actually did in destiny 1 if we choose to keep it for destiny 2, that characters will remember it all. ^-^

cawatrooper9
02-22-2017, 11:07 PM
That could be great. In fact if the rumor is true Destiny will do something like that for destiny 2. Everything our characters we want to keep actually did in destiny 1 if we choose to keep it for destiny 2, that characters will remember it all. ^-^

I've heard recently that's not going to be the case with Destiny, unfortunately. :(

ERICATHERINE
02-23-2017, 09:08 AM
I've heard recently that's not going to be the case with Destiny, unfortunately. :(

Wait what. Where did you hear that? And when? Was it before or after that rumor? :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgIhWu0_zM&t=166s

The video was made the 10 January 2017.