PDA

View Full Version : Guard Break - 9 millionth Thread (positive)

Scythe-Of-Vice
02-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Well after about 50-60 hours I finally got GB counters to work...... actually 50 hours on the nose.

The game is 10 million bazillion times better when you can stop people from spamming it. LOL people actually just start to run away because all they can do is GB attack you. It's down right funny when someone try three times in a row, like it shouldn't be possible.... then three CGBs..... you see them panic....

While I can understand the "Get Good" crowd (it does take a long time to learn and be able to focus / know when one is coming) there are still some classes I can't CGB well such as the fast "grab" classes like the law bringer and shugoki - lawbinger is easier than shugoki or whatever - fat man's grab is like instant - and some jumps grabs / normal GB still get me on occasion well (as it should be).

Hold on till the patch average players. The game gets sooooooo much better when you can counter guard break!

The "Git Gud" nerds will just have to deal with the fact that they too will have to mix it up a bit as the skill cap will lower.

I just want everyone to know that it does get soooo much better when you have the power to make the spam stop.

Cheers all.

KiyaruSan
02-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Well after about 50-60 hours I finally got GB counters to work...... actually 50 hours on the nose.

The game is 10 million bazillion times better when you can stop people from spamming it. LOL people actually just start to run away because all they can do is GB attack you. It's down right funny when someone try three times in a row, like it shouldn't be possible.... then three CGBs..... you see them panic....

While I can understand the "Get Good" crowd (it does take a long time to learn and be able to focus / know when one is coming) there are still some classes I can't CGB well such as the fast "grab" classes like the law bringer and shugoki - lawbinger is easier than shugoki or whatever - fat man's grab is like instant - and some jumps grabs / normal GB still get me on occasion well (as it should be).

Hold on till the patch average players. The game gets sooooooo much better when you can counter guard break!

The "Git Gud" nerds will just have to deal with the fact that they too will have to mix it up a bit as the skill cap will lower.

I just want everyone to know that it does get soooo much better when you have the power to make the spam stop.

Cheers all.

I'd like to leave a small tip for players that you should note about counter guard breaking; It isn't possible in certain situations! As soon as you realize that and remove these bad habbits from your own play behaviour you might have a lot better time;
Things that give enemies free GBs on you are:

- Being caught in dashes (for a lot of the assassin crowds this is your bane) Try to rely less on deflects and dashes, or get punished. replace this behaviour with blocks/parries, then mix it up if you're comfortable with that. Especially dashing backwards is a BAD behavioural trait, the backwards dash is too short, and people with forward dashes will catch you 90% of the time. Slight nuance, side dashes will be caught by GB in the first 50% of the frame, once you get past that and have an attack queued your attack will have priority

- Being caught during heavies(They get free GB on you if their GB hits you during your 'cancel' frame times.