PDA

View Full Version : Which Faction?

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Just curious as to which faction people have chosen.

JTWDK
02-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Just curious as to which faction people have chosen.
Started with Vikings since i'm a Dane, but after realising there's no real reason to pick any of the factions over the other, i switched to Knights because their emblem looks alot better on the tabards. If visuals are the only difference, might as well pick the one you think is the prettiest.

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 07:52 AM
In the beta I was a knight.Then I chose samurai in the main game,simply because I main kensei/orochi and the Samurai always need a hand against the barbars and the tincans.

JTWDK
02-20-2017, 08:06 AM
In the beta I was a knight.Then I chose samurai in the main game,simply because I main kensei/orochi and the Samurai always need a hand against the barbars and the tincans.
BARBARS!? Don't you know in norse mythology, shaving is the nr 1 no no on the list?

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 09:29 AM
BARBARS!? Don't you know in norse mythology, shaving is the nr 1 no no on the list?

Some hairy Valkyries.

Stubbs-SR1
02-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Swamp weebs. Something about folding my steel a thousand times makes me hot and bothered. Could just be the forge, though.

KuroFurukou
02-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Some hairy Valkyries.

And H0rny too! (Get it? Because real ones did not had Horns?)

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 10:25 AM
And H0rny too! (Get it? Because real ones did not had Horns?)
No

What is *****?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Viking ftw. ive always loved all viking stuff and i main berserker. Also im Finnish and my family comes from Sweden so i probably have some viking blood in me.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 02:00 PM
*cough*

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 05:42 PM
I'll be honest. I'm a little surprised Knights have the most votes so far.

PR0P4NE
02-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Having done a little re-enactment, and having an interest in medieval warfare I went with Knights.

RatedChaotic
02-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Started with Vikings since i'm a Dane, but after realising there's no real reason to pick any of the factions over the other, i switched to Knights because their emblem looks alot better on the tabards. If visuals are the only difference, might as well pick the one you think is the prettiest.

Why not just use your own emblem? On each hero theres a specific slot that your able to put your made emblem on it. In the appearance menu.

I went Knights.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 07:09 AM
It's alive.

D0MFTW
02-23-2017, 07:11 AM
I'm a Savage heh.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Want a bigger sample size. So bump.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 02:14 AM
Knights still have the most players but are losing the war. Weird.

SiewcaRaka
02-24-2017, 02:15 AM
Samurais and Kenjutsu for the win:D

CoyoteXStarrk
02-24-2017, 02:24 AM
All about that Viking life bruh.

GROG AND PILLAGE!

Astrolite.
02-24-2017, 02:32 AM

While in reality its the different way around..

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 06:01 AM
All about that Viking life bruh.

GROG AND PILLAGE!

I thought Vikings were more mead drinkers. Thought grog was a pirate thing.

MisterCynic18
02-24-2017, 06:51 AM
lol @ knights highest on the poll, yet we're on a continuous losing streak

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Vikings starting to close the gap with the Knights. Perhaps Samurai are too busy being happy with how the faction war is going to come to the forums? :D

ButtR8peArtist
02-24-2017, 07:57 AM
samurai all the way, katana, ninja, jacky chan, one punch man and sushi, I felt like a race traitor.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 10:14 AM
There are suddenly a lot of posts from Knights about losing currently in the faction war. I wonder if that helps to account for more knights in the poll? They are here to complain and vikings and samurai are in game pushing their fronts?

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 10:19 AM
We are here fighting for balance becausr nothing we do in the field makes a difference. We have been getting hard core double teamed and the devs have done nothing to forcibly break up the alliance of the vikes and sams which by story lore should not exist and also goes against the entire thematic of the game.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 10:23 AM
We are here fighting for balance becausr nothing we do in the field makes a difference. We have been getting hard core double teamed and the devs have done nothing to forcibly break up the alliance of the vikes and sams which by story lore should not exist and also goes against the entire thematic of the game.

Can you point to any other games with faction wars in which the developers intervene to "save" one faction from the others? If the bonus for pop is off then by all means I hope they can get it tweaked. But, calling for them to "force" 2/3rds of the players to stop attacking who they want because the other 1/3rd are getting stomped on is ridiculous. Sorry, Ubi would do more damage intervening to save the Knights than there will be allowing the Knights to take their licks and tweak the bonuses for the next season.

Dude_of_Valor
02-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Knights. Shame our faction has lost so much ground. Still this war is far from over!

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Thats where faction wars have failed in the past like MKX. The devs just let it happen and do nothing to keep balance, then players leave because they always get crapped on and then population drops. Letting the knights just get wrecked here with no action will kill desire of the knights to even give round 2 a chancd because they got double teamed and crapped on for all of round 1 with nothing done to get the sams and vikes off their back and fighting with each other as well instead of going all in on double teaming the knights.

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 10:29 AM
I cant be the only one to notice the lack of activity on the vikes/sams front compared to the knight affiliated fronts.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 10:36 AM
I cant be the only one to notice the lack of activity on the vikes/sams front compared to the knight affiliated fronts.

Uh what? 2 days ago on turn 37 the Vikings had pushed into Samurai territory, The next day on turn 40 the Samurai had pushed back into Viking territory, within 2 territories of the Viking stronghold. And as of right now, Vikings are looking to grab 8 territories from the Samurai, pushing back across into the Swamps in 2 places. I think it is safe to say the Vikings and Samurai are currently seeing a decent pushing match against each other.

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 11:48 AM
What I mean by activity is that over there its laregly a back and forth stalemate where as the knighr affiliated fronts are a double teaming steamroll. From that evidence over the last few turns it makes it clear that most assets were being deployed against the knights as we sit at 7 compared to a solid twenty or so and a commanding 32.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 11:56 AM
Ok, so there is activity on the Samurai and Viking front? You said there was no activity, but back and forth is activity. And Samurai are going to lose 10 territories, 4 of them to the knights. As far as I can see on the faction war site, Samurai are actually about to lose every single front line territory they currently have, losing 10 territories in total. Maybe the Knights are going to put their plated boot on our slender Samurai necks now?

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Maybe, and Im not referring to this turn, but the last few turns that put the knights where they are now. If vikings are releasing their pressure on the knights to hit back on the samurai allowing knights to find some footing this turn then ok, but it doesnt change the last few turns that got us here

ZEONesp
02-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Real data can only be provided by Ubisoft, this is about, which faction is choosen by the ones who read the forum and want to answer.

Would be interesting to see russians and asian pop answering aswell xD

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Real data can only be provided by Ubisoft, this is about, which faction is choosen by the ones who read the forum and want to answer.

Would be interesting to see russians and asian pop answering aswell xD

Very true, but until Ubi gives us that data, this is the best we can do. Gives us some numbers to speculate on at the very least.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Maybe, and Im not referring to this turn, but the last few turns that put the knights where they are now. If vikings are releasing their pressure on the knights to hit back on the samurai allowing knights to find some footing this turn then ok, but it doesnt change the last few turns that got us here

When I pointed out the pushes on the Viking/Samurai front I also wasn't talking about a single turn, but over the course of several. This is the nature of the beast. Maybe now Knights and Vikings will pound on Samurai for a bit and push us back to our stronghold. Sucks, but if that's how it goes, that's how it goes. And maybe after that the Vikings get dumped on for a little bit. That is the nature of 3 faction wars. Sometimes one faction gets dumped on by the other 2. There were a few turns early on where the knights pushed deep into Viking lands and there will be turns in the future where I am sure the Knights will do it again. Do you just not get that since there are 3 factions that at times one faction will be the punching bag until the other two decide their "friends" have become a bit too big and then turn on each other? Do you not see how damaging to the whole faction war it would be if the devs "saved" a faction that was getting beat up on? It would call into question the integrity of every season after that. Any well fought push by a faction will be written off as the Devs have decided to help that faction instead of it just being those players putting in some work to turn it around. Wouldn't you rather the Knights be the ones to fight their way out of the mess instead of the Devs saving their skins? If the Knights need to be saved can't it be argued that the faction is already dead, since it can't save it's self? I mean it's the first round of the first official season and already doom and gloom and a desire for the devs to "break up" the Viking/Samurai "alliance." I mean do you think all the Vikings and Samurai had a secret meeting and decided to go after the Knights? No, it is more likely most people are just making their own, individual decision on where they want to put their war assets before moving on to the next screen. Heck, I generally just place my assets in the region the game mode happens to be.

TheEpicRage
02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Don't bother with Lord-Arion, I've stumbled across the last couple threads he's made and it's just cringe.

First one was about how the Vikings have some unfair advantage from the system and even if the knights don't win think of the poor samurai in last who don't stand a chance.

Then the second one he alternate between saying the Vikings and samurai are teaming up by ignoring each other, just picking on the knights and claiming the whole system is designed to put the knights down.

The funniest part is he claims to champion balance.

Nlghtmal2e
02-24-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm in Samurai , but according to this poll Samurai are so few , Vikings and Samurai are pushing back and forth within these last few days
I hope their some more mechanic/game play that player can enjoy about this faction war than just deploy war asset .

really wanna know the real numbers of each faction and how will ubi gonna balance this thing out

zwaggs33
02-25-2017, 06:35 AM
Don't bother with Lord-Arion, I've stumbled across the last couple threads he's made and it's just cringe.

First one was about how the Vikings have some unfair advantage from the system and even if the knights don't win think of the poor samurai in last who don't stand a chance.

Then the second one he alternate between saying the Vikings and samurai are teaming up by ignoring each other, just picking on the knights and claiming the whole system is designed to put the knights down.

The funniest part is he claims to champion balance.

Eh, I have seen the same. But, in this case he helped out the poll :D

zwaggs33
02-25-2017, 06:37 AM
I'm in Samurai , but according to this poll Samurai are so few , Vikings and Samurai are pushing back and forth within these last few days
I hope their some more mechanic/game play that player can enjoy about this faction war than just deploy war asset .

really wanna know the real numbers of each faction and how will ubi gonna balance this thing out

I hope that after a few seasons we will start to see new mechanics added in to add more flavor into the Faction War.