PDA

View Full Version : spammable mechanics and UBI design team's IQ

ButtR8peArtist
02-20-2017, 06:29 AM
When you find a single mechanic in a fighting game that can be easily spammed 32800342190 times with no reasonable counter, you know you see the work of ******s, infinite side dash attack, infinite guard, infinite idiocy....

also cheesy map + numerous cheesy one shot environment encourages cheesy play style, and ppl still question why so many people are frustrated even through the core fighting system isl well made and supposedly to be the main focus of the game

And The world class Server quality.... absolutely AC: unity standard.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 06:34 AM
No dedicated servers, it's peer to peer.

Foxunbeatable
02-20-2017, 06:38 AM
Questioning their IQ probably won't produce any quality discussion here, and to be frank, I'd likely bet it's higher than yours - no offense.

What specific spammable ability are you talking about here because unless there's something new I don't know about, they can all be dealt with.

ButtR8peArtist
02-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Questioning their IQ probably won't produce any quality discussion here, and to be frank, I'd likely bet it's higher than yours - no offense.

What specific spammable ability are you talking about here because unless there's something new I don't know about, they can all be dealt with.

Most likely won't higher than mine but most likely higher than yours, as a software dev and QA myself, making sure a mechanic none exploitable is design principle 101, not something end users should remind the design team

btw, I did mention infinite side dash attack and guard break in my 1st post.

Foxunbeatable
02-20-2017, 06:49 AM
A software dev and QA who's opted for the username Buttr8pe, righto.

ButtR8peArtist
02-20-2017, 06:54 AM
No dedicated servers, it's peer to peer.

Peer to peer is a matching algorithm, every game is still runs on cloud server which hosted in a massive server rack, dedicated server is usually hosted on local hardware, and it's one server at time vs massive player base of p2p.

So what I trying to tell you is... peer to peer is hosted on server

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Ok, well I haven't had many issues with it. Sorry you do. (not really)

ButtR8peArtist
02-20-2017, 06:59 AM
A software dev and QA who's opted for the username Buttr8pe, righto.

didn't realize I broke the law by making my ingame name like this because of my profession.

5 year in C++/python/pygame//ruby/rails/VBware and a brunch of other language and frame work, am I getting arrested?