PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking? LOL

Miadous
02-20-2017, 05:41 AM
:confused:

Some of that good matchmaking people are talking about. Welcome to the game, noobs.

http://i.imgur.com/yzEvHWj.png

Hackfraysn
02-20-2017, 07:02 AM
:confused:

Some of that good matchmaking people are talking about. Welcome to the game, noobs.

http://i.imgur.com/yzEvHWj.png

Hey, the blue team looks kinda like the very first team I got matched against when I started the game. I kid you not! One of my friends was a beginner and quit the game after a couple of similarly "balanced" matches. Nicely done, Ubisoft! Way to go.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 07:17 AM
The problem is, how does the MM know they will pick the high gear heroes and not choose to play a new hero? I think if they switched to where you picked your hero before getting into the MM it would really help make sure people fought others with similar gear scores.

Derkwow-cz
02-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Play agains bots and problem solved, play against bots is advantage: 99% chance match win. Play against bots avoid nervous and frustration (bad team, spam enemies players idi*cy one attack, ignore cooperation).

Miadous
02-20-2017, 06:38 PM
The problem is, how does the MM know they will pick the high gear heroes and not choose to play a new hero? I think if they switched to where you picked your hero before getting into the MM it would really help make sure people fought others with similar gear scores.

It could look at your overall account when matching people, checking for your average character level. I'm not sure, but this amount of imbalance is harmful to the game and newcomers that jump in. I believe we actually went on to win this match, so it's still beatable, but we're far from new, I just don't have a prestige character because I'm always switching around. A few matches after this one, it was a similar circumstance, and they're 108 gear shugoki one shot me with a heavy lol. I was using Kensai, which has a 4 gear rating. Make a mistake against people with that much gear and it's over.

Lacifarus1188
02-20-2017, 06:51 PM
I just wish they wouldn't put me against level 3 bots. Level 3 lawbringer is the stuff of nightmares in dominion.

SadJaface
02-20-2017, 07:05 PM
I don't have a single reputation yet and I am consistently matched against 100+ gear score 4-man parties, even when I leave and requeue when it moves away from "strict" player skill. They're revenging after blocking 2 attacks then taking out half my health with 1 zone attack. It's not fun for me, and I assume it's only fun for them the first few times they do it.

TucuReborn
02-20-2017, 07:13 PM
My friend played for the first time last night, and I barely play due to the current balance and matchmaking.

My highest level was 0:12 when we started.

We got paired against level 2 prestige repeatedly, no matter the mode, and he openly admits how bad he is right now. (Can't even grab and stab as PK, which is his main.)

This matchmaking is absolute garbage. Seriously, it is completely trash. I get that eventually it needs to look wider, but I played League. I am used to five minute queues where I am matched against players at my level, not ten second queues where I will either get new players or people who hardcore played since day one. I would gladly take longer queues for better pairing.

VillNess
02-20-2017, 07:15 PM
I think one of the issues is that it starts with "Skill level: Strict" but it goes to ":Extended" and then ":Limitless(or w.e term)" way too fast... I know it makes the ´matchmaking shorter but I'd rather wait a bit longer to get into more even match.

Hackfraysn
02-20-2017, 07:21 PM
I would gladly take longer queues for better pairing.

Everybody would, well except for the prestige ganksquads who got used to ruining this game for new players.

Haniel_
02-20-2017, 07:24 PM
My friend played for the first time last night, and I barely play due to the current balance and matchmaking.

My highest level was 0:12 when we started.

We got paired against level 2 prestige repeatedly, no matter the mode, and he openly admits how bad he is right now. (Can't even grab and stab as PK, which is his main.)

This matchmaking is absolute garbage. Seriously, it is completely trash. I get that eventually it needs to look wider, but I played League. I am used to five minute queues where I am matched against players at my level, not ten second queues where I will either get new players or people who hardcore played since day one. I would gladly take longer queues for better pairing.

I find that queuing as a group tends to bump up your MMR and give you harder individual matchups (since I suppose they expect better teamwork with a premade group). Seems a little overtuned to me, might be what you're running into.

Completely agree that there should be an option to lock in "Strict/Extended" matchmaking, but even if there isn't you can just keep restarting the search and hope for the best?

Miadous
02-20-2017, 07:48 PM
I don't have a single reputation yet and I am consistently matched against 100+ gear score 4-man parties, even when I leave and requeue when it moves away from "strict" player skill. They're revenging after blocking 2 attacks then taking out half my health with 1 zone attack. It's not fun for me, and I assume it's only fun for them the first few times they do it.

That's another thing with high level gear. They get revenge almost instantly when you start fighting them. I was against a Lawbringer around 100 gear and he said he wasn't using a revenge build and didn't know how he was getting revenge that fast. Revenge in a 1v1 should never happen, no matter the gear.

DeaIman
02-20-2017, 08:00 PM
I would like some official word on this as well, there was this one thread about the matchmaking - but it left out important detail like what exactly determines a player's skill and if prestige/gear score is calculated for at all.

Their level I can get over, it doesn't necessarily have to reflect their skill, but usually it means they will have a bigger overall knowledge of the game(map layouts, how to fight other characters etc). But that's not very reliable to base the matches on, what is reliable however is the gear score as gear score definitely will win matches.

In all honesty, I'd rather they just take out the gear stats entirely from the game or make them a bit more basic such as maybe sacrifice attack damage for faster movement and/or attack speed, more health but reduced sprint speed and the like. That way it would allow for you to tweak your character a bit more towards your preferred playstyle - without giving you an objective massive advantage.

At the very least, revenge modifiers should be removed from the game - they're by far the most broken aspect of the game.

Miadous
02-21-2017, 10:14 PM
This is actually becoming the norm now that more people that mostly play one character are reaching the better gear. We almost won, the ease that high level gear gets to revenge was the reason the high levels won. If they block you 2 or 3 times, it's revenge time! Then they can 2 or 3 shot you.
http://i.imgur.com/06lwlyL.png

Sakkaros
02-21-2017, 10:21 PM
The matchmaking is garbage. Ruins the game. Sorry, but I didn't spend $60 to get pissed off every time I log in. I'll be investing my money elsewhere in the future. NEVER buying an Ubisoft game again. Too many disappointments for years from them.

Miadous
02-22-2017, 03:49 AM
Seen the players online at an all time low in the 30k range today. This probably has a lot to do with it.

http://i.imgur.com/jF3xn5C.png

Terras_Kasi
02-22-2017, 05:10 AM
But hold on the "experts" on these forums tell us gear score has no meaning, and they "constantly" beat people of this level, so if your skillful enough, you should just be able to beat them............what you have presented here in the above pic is absolutely true. You will get smashed by this team no matter what you do GEAR SCORE MATTERS, and is ruining this game, just like everyone else has stated. It is such a shame, as i love this game to death, but stuff like this, ill quit out till i can find someone my level, or go fight bots, which is boring.

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 05:18 AM
I matched against all golds before, they were all mates.

My opponent blocked enough of my attacks to activate Revenge and then 1 hits me with a heavy when I was down. I was also at 3/4 health.Fun.

Terras_Kasi
02-22-2017, 05:21 AM
Yep,same here, this 1 hit crap is such BS, i played a level 80 the other night, got him down to 1 health bar, i was full health, hit revenge, landed on my ***, then 1 hit me on the ground when i couldn't defend on full health. what absolute CRAP

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 05:23 AM
Yep,same here, this 1 hit crap is such BS, i played a level 80 the other night, got him down to 1 health bar, i was full health, hit revenge, landed on my ***, then 1 hit me on the ground when i couldn't defend on full health. what absolute CRAP

I just leave when I'm up against more than 2 golds.

Terras_Kasi
02-22-2017, 05:43 AM
I just leave when I'm up against more than 2 golds.

Exzactly bro, after that crap i mentioned above, i now load the game, and quit immediately when i see that......sux, but nothing more we can do, or the game is no fun getting smashed all day long

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Gear does nothing. The game should match based on win percentage and nothing else. I just barely smashed an entire team of 108's with no gear at all, 2 bots, and one person with 90 something gear.

Gear is a damn money scam in this game. Most people just screw their characters up by equipping gear, because they have no idea what the stats do they detract from. There is seriously no point in even working toward gear.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 06:40 AM
That's another thing with high level gear. They get revenge almost instantly when you start fighting them. I was against a Lawbringer around 100 gear and he said he wasn't using a revenge build and didn't know how he was getting revenge that fast. Revenge in a 1v1 should never happen, no matter the gear.

Some characters have access to skills that boost the revenge meter.

Miadous
02-22-2017, 06:41 AM
This is one of the most evenly matched teams so far. Also, it's very rare I get anyone over prestige 1 on my team, they match them together all on the same team to go against lower people.

http://i.imgur.com/8Xq7Z8i.png

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 05:15 PM
This is one of the most evenly matched teams so far. Also, it's very rare I get anyone over prestige 1 on my team, they match them together all on the same team to go against lower people.

http://i.imgur.com/8Xq7Z8i.png

My first match looked similar. I queued with a friend who played the beta and our team was a full lvl 1 beginner team vs multiple prestige 2 guys.

I kid you not, this looks just like one of my friends' very first match who got the game on Monday. He didn't even play the beta, just did the tutorials and played 2 duels against AI. Needless to say he quit the game after 4 matches which looked the same as your screenhot and ended up 50:1200. Another friend quit after pushing through 2 days of horrible matches. He played the beta and enjoyed it. He was an overall solid player, not top tier but no beginner either.

This is how you scare new players away. Way to go, Ubisoft.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-22-2017, 05:17 PM
http://imgur.com/a/tNjp9

Just saying lol