PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black flag issues

Ghoward65
02-20-2017, 05:00 AM
I have a technical question, not about Black Flag, but in general. All of my games and programs are stored on a desktop expansion drive, and I use it as a general storage for anything related to them.

I have noticed that When I play Skyrim, there are certain sounds missing like sheathing/unsheathing, arrows hitting, and no music. In exploring this I found that having the game on an external drive is the cause of that loss of data. I have the drive setup for maximum compatibility as far as the general settings go, and I have no other problems with any of my games.

This brings me to my initial problem.
Assassin's Creed Black Flag will not play on my computer. It will not work when I try to fix the issue by having it load with different service packs. it says that the Single Player launcher program was the cause of the issue, and nothing done would fix it. The computer is up to specs to run the game, all game files are verified and accounted for, and there are no other issues.

So the initial question is, does having the game on an external drive effect the overall ability to play/launch the game?

The error code that I get is that Application AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working and was closed.

strigoi1958
02-20-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure. I remember that the games didn't run on external drives and also (at one time) wouldn't run unless they were on the primary drive (where windows is installed) but nowadays you can install on other drives but I do not know about external drives. With Skyrim it might be that your drive cannot be accessed quickly enough. I have an external drive but only use it for storing my photoshop artwork and music.... it's not designed to be accessed quickly for games. As SSD's and HDD's are cheap and very easy to install and transfer data, you could do that, unless you must have a laptop.

Megaterium2000
02-21-2017, 03:18 AM
Wait How did you get AC4 on PC???

strigoi1958
02-21-2017, 03:59 AM
The games are all out on pc :)

click picture to make it bigger

http://i.share.pho.to/be73ac3e_c.png (http://pho.to/AcbTH)