PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer is incredibly over powered on duel.

Delectable_Sin
02-20-2017, 04:21 AM
Spamming his stupid charge/stun, then GB'ing someone is just ******ed. This is coming from someone who plays the LB, and just discovered this insane spam ability today. Honestly, it is very difficult for anyone to deal with the charge/GB combo, and you can drain their stamina instantly, making this combo basically unavoidable.

I'm not talking about Dominion or other chaos/noob modes, I'm talking about 1v1, so don't even reply unless you're talking about duel.

Vordred
02-20-2017, 04:27 AM
the GB after Shove is breakable. thats your answer right there, i do it all the time to other lawbringer, as i know full well after the shove they are going to try a GB me. if you know it's coming, it's really not hard to counter.

plus if i'm honest i like it when someone breaks the gb after shove, cause now i know the game is on, instead of just repeatedly using the same cheesey thing, know i know i have to mix it up, throw out a top light, or a Long arm, then maybe try the GB again.

but unfortunely most people just keep trying to dodge and get grabbed

Ryumanjisen
02-20-2017, 04:29 AM
You can mix up with the Long Arm too. But still, it not so hard to avoid this "vortex".

Delectable_Sin
02-20-2017, 04:47 AM
the GB after Shove is breakable. thats your answer right there, i do it all the time to other lawbringer, as i know full well after the shove they are going to try a GB me. if you know it's coming, it's really not hard to counter.

plus if i'm honest i like it when someone breaks the gb after shove, cause now i know the game is on, instead of just repeatedly using the same cheesey thing, know i know i have to mix it up, throw out a top light, or a Long arm, then maybe try the GB again.

but unfortunely most people just keep trying to dodge and get grabbed

Of course you can break it, but on most characters, you completely drain their stamina in the process, drop them, and kill them before they even get up. Couple that with the fact that half of the maps are bridge maps and it's honestly just way too easy to go completely undefeated on duel with the LB. I went from 70% win rate to about 95% this evening after figuring out the cheesy spam ability. It's just ******ed.

And honestly, your statement is very telling of how OP he is on duel. "If they break it, I know the fight is on, so I do a couple other moves, then go back to the cheese again..." -- I mean, this spam ability is his bread and butter, and it's unlike anything else that other characters get to do in a 1v1. It's just entirely to easy to win with him on duel.

teksuo1
02-20-2017, 04:49 AM
i played him to prestige 1 (nearly 2) and got tired.

What's curious, though, is that i felt like he was great in dominion with some gear, but terrible in 1v1. interesting.

Delectable_Sin
02-20-2017, 04:52 AM
i played him to prestige 1 (nearly 2) and got tired.

What's curious, though, is that i felt like he was great in dominion with some gear, but terrible in 1v1. interesting.

You have to spam the combo I was talking about to dominate on duel, but if you do, it's the easiest way to win that I've found in the entire game. I have a 75% win rate with the Orochi and 92% win rate on the Zerker, but you have to try with them, you really don't with the LB.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 04:56 AM
I'm replying but not talking about duels because you said not to. Salt goes great on fries. That is all.

xRagenarockx
02-20-2017, 05:00 AM
Ummm, LB cheese combo is wrecked by either guard break counter or just rolling away when he goes for the GB (dont like that feature personally)

So you are undefeated vs players who have not figured that out. Hell I cant GB for crap and I find the attack fair. It may be somewhat cheesy but its same as the wardens shoulder bash. The bread and butter combo of the class. Nobushi has the kick combo aswell. I dont know all classes but those are the ones on the top of my head that have somewhat the same ability.

shinobikaze
02-20-2017, 05:01 AM
LB shove into GB is easily countered. Extremely easily countered. I'm trying to learn him and everytime I do shove into a GB against somewhat experienced players... it never really works. I have to mix in a light OH or side, maybe even throw a long arm just so I can get something going. His "vortex" (Where did this name come from? In FGC it's known as a 50/50) isn't really one. You're not guessing at anything. He shoves you and can either GB or go into long arm in where long arm is extremely telegraphed. Now if he could cancel long arm into a GB he would be stupidly strong.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 05:06 AM
Ummm, LB cheese combo is wrecked by either guard break counter or just rolling away when he goes for the GB (dont like that feature personally)

So you are undefeated vs players who have not figured that out. Hell I cant GB for crap and I find the attack fair. It may be somewhat cheesy but its same as the wardens shoulder bash. The bread and butter combo of the class. Nobushi has the kick combo aswell. I dont know all classes but those are the ones on the top of my head that have somewhat the same ability.

Nobushi bread and butter isn't the kick, that's a noob stomper for sure, but probably the bash/kick that is more forgiving in matter of time to dodge it

Her bread and butter is kick simple little attacks, parries to viper retreat, opportunistic interrupts while mainting distance and using the block timed dodge retreat. If mast of the hidden stance and able to use it whenever you want this becomes the new bread and butter, free dodge that quickly punishes and links up to combo as long as the enemy isn't mid chain.

Ppl dislike nobushi a lot, still I do consider it to be the most demanding char in game atm in terms of stamina economy, the most punishable when making a mistake and one of the hardest to master with one of the lowest stance change speeds

Do consider her to be a good counter to lawbringer but I really need to explore him more

Delectable_Sin
02-20-2017, 05:17 AM

GB cancel doesn't wreck anything since the LB is losing half the stamina of the defending player, and rolling away does nothing if they grab fast enough. If you think you can roll away from a grab after the charge you've never fought someone who is good enough at spamming this combo. There is a delay after the charge lands, where you can't dodge, which is why people who know what they're doing will go for the GB rather than trying to attack.

Vordred
02-20-2017, 05:29 AM
Of course you can break it, but on most characters, you completely drain their stamina in the process, drop them, and kill them before they even get up. Couple that with the fact that half of the maps are bridge maps and it's honestly just way too easy to go completely undefeated on duel with the LB. I went from 70% win rate to about 95% this evening after figuring out the cheesy spam ability. It's just ******ed.

And honestly, your statement is very telling of how OP he is on duel. "If they break it, I know the fight is on, so I do a couple other moves, then go back to the cheese again..." -- I mean, this spam ability is his bread and butter, and it's unlike anything else that other characters get to do in a 1v1. It's just entirely to easy to win with him on duel.

well you can't throw them to the ground or off a ledge if they counter your gb in the first place.

and yeah of course i would go back to the guardbreak, if i get them expecting something else, the i might get the GB now. that's the whole point of the game.

the main problem with the LB though, if you have to resort to shove and guard break, but the rest of his kit is terrible and unless your opponent is afk you are not landing any of it.
top light is about the only thing you can sneak in every now and then.

and personally i almost never GB twice in row (as it's not fun), after second shove i will try something else. usually to my detriment. only time i will do a second GB is if i know one side heavy will kill.

Svulnar
02-20-2017, 05:33 AM
Spamming his stupid charge/stun, then GB'ing someone is just ******ed. This is coming from someone who plays the LB, and just discovered this insane spam ability today. Honestly, it is very difficult for anyone to deal with the charge/GB combo, and you can drain their stamina instantly, making this combo basically unavoidable.

I'm not talking about Dominion or other chaos/noob modes, I'm talking about 1v1, so don't even reply unless you're talking about duel.

Hi there, I have played the LB ever since launch and now have him at Rep 4, and let me just say... No...

Now, for the long version! :D

The running charge of the LB is utter garbage against mid-high skill players unless you take them completely by surprise. In fact, using it against anyone that knows the LB, will instantly drain your stam. A block of the charge, takes around 90% of a LB's stamina. A parry.... Instant exhaustion... IF it lands successfully, usually only takes around 50%. Yes, it can throw people over ledges, against walls, or simply move them to a new field of battle. However, the one who is charged, can easily light attack right after the charge before the LB can do a light attack, and if he tries to gb, more often than not he will get hit and the gb will fail.

Now, suppose they do land it, and they land the gb, which leads to a heavy... You took a little damage, but now he is nearly exhausted. PUNISH HIM! Do not back up, get back in there and beat his tired @ down for running you through! In regards to 1 vs 1, unless you fight an inexperienced opponent, you will NEVER land that running charge without paying the hefty stam fee and nothing to show for it.

As for his combo's with the long arm... If he misses, it takes a HUGE chunk of his stam away, and it is so very easy to dodge. If you see it, even if you were just hit, dodge literally anywhere but towards them and you will gain advantage. Even if they DO land it, yes, it will sap a lot of your stam, and they will land a whopping... one light attack... Even if it exhausts you, you can still counter gb's and just dodge away to recover. He is a LB, he can't really chase you unless he sprints, and just guard your left side and be ready to gb, and you will recover easily.

Honestly, every single method of combat the LB has currently, is easy to counter and is in the favor of the other player unless the LB applies pressure and is VERY good at parrying.

AveImperator85
02-20-2017, 05:39 AM
This bully chain, as I call it (Shove->GB->Heavy->Repeat), is a noob stomper. If you got stomped by it, you're a noob. It is EASILY countered by anyone who can counter-GB. (btw, you CAN CGB when Exhausted, so LB's stamina drain doesn't affect his ability to grab you) or by mashing the dodge roll button as soon as you get shoved. It's completely worthless in mid-to-high-level play because it's so easily countered, entirely dependent on GB (which is getting even easier to counter in the upcoming patch), and is laughably predictable.

tl;dr
You're bad and got stomped by a noob stomper combo

Foxunbeatable
02-20-2017, 06:26 AM
This bully chain, as I call it (Shove->GB->Heavy->Repeat), is a noob stomper. If you got stomped by it, you're a noob. It is EASILY countered by anyone who can counter-GB. (btw, you CAN CGB when Exhausted, so LB's stamina drain doesn't affect his ability to grab you) or by mashing the dodge roll button as soon as you get shoved. It's completely worthless in mid-to-high-level play because it's so easily countered, entirely dependent on GB (which is getting even easier to counter in the upcoming patch), and is laughably predictable.

tl;dr
You're bad and got stomped by a noob stomper combo

yes.