PDA

View Full Version : Thought this game matched skill...

IamYangXiaoLong
02-20-2017, 03:11 AM
So why do I constantly match against renown 2 or higher when I haven't even gotten one....

AkimuMC
02-20-2017, 03:19 AM
"Prestige levels" arent a measure of skill. It is more a "time played". You could lose every game and eventually you will get to the highest level.

teksuo1
02-20-2017, 03:24 AM
the matchmaking is weird. it thinks you're just as good with every single class and starts matchmaking for the match before you choose a class.
so i have 3 classes with prestige 1, and i when i want to work on a new class (level 1 gear score 0), i still get matched with the sae kind of opponent i would on my "good" class.

i end up vsing a bunch of prestiged mains (prestige 1 to 3) on my brand new noob -.-

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 03:41 AM
"Prestige levels" arent a measure of skill. It is more a "time played". You could lose every game and eventually you will get to the highest level.

Been being matched against reps 2,3 and above since I got to lvl 10. Had 2 lvl 10 chars afterwards didn't change anything. The gap between my lvl and the opponents I get put in duels with if anything has just increased.

Before going PvP the only time played I had was in story mode which I played and finished (in hard if that matters for anything) needing a break from the previous tests and only PvP. Also, storyline was pretty interesting, even addicting so I wanted to follow through.

Although I agree with skill not being relatable directly to lvl. I also believe it's a good mechanic to have a cochin for low lvl players that ensures they won't get matched with players with 4x or more their account lvl rating. Also think story mode play time, or just leaving the game open that from what I gather also counts towards playtime, should even be equated into matchmaking. It's either only time played in Multiplayer or nothing else.

There should be a floor value for time played since it is considerably important in the beginning towards learning the game mechanics and roster to properly know move sets and how to counter. After the floor gameplay time value, sure just take into account the hidden MMR, if it works good enough. Until then seem a bit unfair. You will probably learn faster if placed early on in high elo, but many players will jump ship out of frustration specially with the current balance issues and mechanics

IamYangXiaoLong
02-20-2017, 04:02 AM

Okay but until they (rather if they) ever implement an actual ****ing ranked matchmaking system they shouldn't be putting people with little play time against people with a huge amount of play time.

How do you think it's fair to have someone who has like 10 games played vs someone slightly over 100? Skill ranking or not, it's a ****ty ****ty match up.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 04:21 AM
Its based in win / lose ratio, nothing else, if you are winning a lot you will get paired vs good players, i ended with 90% win rate in 28 hours of open beta and when i played my first matchs of the live game i didnt have any reputation and cosmetics but my mmr was the same (rep 1 + players from the start)

Lacifarus1188
02-20-2017, 04:55 AM
Its based in win / lose ratio, nothing else, if you are winning a lot you will get paired vs good players, i ended with 90% win rate in 28 hours of open beta and when i played my first matchs of the live game i didnt have any reputation and cosmetics but my mmr was the same (rep 1 + players from the start)

Well, guess I'm gonna lose like 30 times. I shouldn't be punished with level 3 bots when I switch to AI orders just because I've played with friends all weekend and we've won quite a bit. I'm OK but nowhere near able to handle them. Kind of funny, I got pinned against a wall and got infinite combo's to death by a level 3 berseker bot, also funny is that berserker's can't be GB countered at the moment. Literally could not do anything and it never ran out of stamina in the ~30 seconds it took to kill me. My heart can't handle the frustration.

dave2k12
02-20-2017, 05:24 AM
I know it's not good for some people but I think it's good because the better the person you play the better you become I believe like say I end up vrs a better player than me with the same class I can see what he's doing that I'm not and change the way I play it's better to be dominated than stomp anyone loosing makes you learn winning makes you think you're something your not that's what I think yea people will have different views on it but I see it as a positive it makes me want to get better to the point I will research my class I will train in 1v1ns I will do best of 100's against a level 3 bot for about 5 hours a day it all depends on the person how much they want to improve and how much time there willing to put into it so for me vs'ing higher players help

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 05:31 AM
I know it's not good for some people but I think it's good because the better the person you play the better you become I believe like say I end up vrs a better player than me with the same class I can see what he's doing that I'm not and change the way I play it's better to be dominated than stomp anyone loosing makes you learn winning makes you think you're something your not that's what I think yea people will have different views on it but I see it as a positive it makes me want to get better to the point I will research my class I will train in 1v1ns I will do best of 100's against a level 3 bot for about 5 hours a day it all depends on the person how much they want to improve and how much time there willing to put into it so for me vs'ing higher players help

Think they are trying to argue that being constantly matched in games with huge skill gaps in unfair and only favors the opponent. Would have to agree.

Also you will learn a lot from lvl 3 bots, but they aren't that good or human like, and once you pass a certain MMR they aren't even that much of a help (they still parry light attacks and deflect like players can't seem to do) but they don't play trying to exploit the little subtleties and guaranteed follow ups that many high MMR players do.

So I'd say it helps but only to some extent or when trying to learn a new character.

dave2k12
02-20-2017, 06:00 AM
Think they are trying to argue that being constantly matched in games with huge skill gaps in unfair and only favors the opponent. Would have to agree.

Also you will learn a lot from lvl 3 bots, but they aren't that good or human like, and once you pass a certain MMR they aren't even that much of a help (they still parry light attacks and deflect like players can't seem to do) but they don't play trying to exploit the little subtleties and guaranteed follow ups that many high MMR players do.

So I'd say it helps but only to some extent or when trying to learn a new character.
Yea I agree but vrs people who are better than you will give you a huge insight yea vrs people who are higher gear than you sucks I know Iv been there but they are not unbeatable maybe for a new player sure but gear isn't be all end all its basically like swapping your stats for ones you actually want like say the default is 50 50 50 basically all there doing I think from what Iv seen with gear is swapping stats like 75 10 65

But yea I agree it's not good but going to have to deal with it unfortunately for now until ranking comes into it it's like any other social playlist in a game like call of duty per say you get matched against high ranks in that halo 3 social playlist is the same and so on so there probably just keeping it like that for when ranked playlist comes out otherwise social would be pointless imo

Hackfraysn
02-20-2017, 06:44 AM

Don't be ridiculous! How's that fair when first time players are being matched against people, who played the game for days? Time played matters, the gear advantage is just icing on the cake.

Yea I agree but vrs people who are better than you will give you a huge insight yea vrs people who are higher gear than you sucks I know Iv been there but they are not unbeatable maybe for a new player sure but gear isn't be all end all its basically like swapping your stats for ones you actually want like say the default is 50 50 50 basically all there doing I think from what Iv seen with gear is swapping stats like 75 10 65

Don't kid yourself. If they learn anything at all, it's how to deal with frustration. The most commonly drawn conclusion is that you aren't frustrated if you don't play the game. Congratulations!

Unfair matchmaking is a textbook example of "How to destroy a game/playerbase 101"!

lucasnrachel
02-20-2017, 08:19 AM
It will teach them what moves that players are exploiting with each character. Everyone at this point has had to deal with the same thing. This game is baptismal by fire.

If you notice in the game it will say something like extended skill when it can't find a game . I guess it "attempts" to put you into a game with "like " skill. But honestly rep doesn't mean anything they are right. What you need to worry about in domination, elimination and skirmish are gear scores as it can mean beaning able to deal with the (insert any hero) or not.
And honestly at the 85+ gear stats the characters that people aren't complaining about being overpowered they start getting sketchy so the "get good " argument with horrible spelling doesn't apply.

Hackfraysn
02-20-2017, 08:47 AM
It will teach them what moves that players are exploiting with each character. Everyone at this point has had to deal with the same thing. This game is baptismal by fire.

No. This matchmaking is not a baptism of fire. It's more like shoving kindergarden kids into a pit full of murderous rapists. There's nothing there for new players to learn unless they trained the fighting mechanics for hours vs the AI - which no casual or beginner will do anyway. Even seasoned veterans from the beta, who didn't reach the upper echelons of high skill demigod tier will most likely quit due to this brutally horrible initial experience. You just don't match fresh players against people, who prestiged their characters. You match them with other beginners, where they can have a fair and pleasant experience. Period.

A fresh player who just beat the tutorials and decided to try out pvp will be hopelessly overwhelmed and nothing but frustrated by getting matched against very experienced players. He'll have a horrible experience which will neither motivate him to invest more time into the game, nor to learn the combat mechanics. Most likely he'll lose horribly match after match after match, think this game is garbage, quit, uninstall and tell all his friends not to buy this game.

If you don't see how this is a bad thing you're in for quite a rude awakening in less than a month.

lucasnrachel
02-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Read the whole post in its entirety. I'm saying yes they still need to watch out for the gear and people shouldn't be rude to them and say " get good" . However we all had to deal with it.
1 or 2 games of seeing what players are using , get a friend use custom dual and try to work out the mechanics. As the bot usually won't cheap trick you death but will use the move. If they don't have a friend there is a section in this forum for meeting players on your platform.

Unfortunately I really wish they thought it through and did what almost every good fighting franchise added to their game and do a training/practice mode where you can set the bot to do a certain move over and over to negate the need for another person at all.