PDA

View Full Version : @Ubisoft Free Guard Break After a Parry Bug (Video Included)

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 02:13 AM
Today after some matchs i detected some irregularities, the free guard break after a parry was acting strange vs assassins when using some characters. So i decided to make some tests

To make the test i used a level 3 bot (they counter almost all the grabs) this allowed me to erase a ms problem of network (as i was playing with 0 ms) also im using a perfect guard break (after a succesfull parry, tap UP + GB and hold it, that way the hero will make the guard break with no delay) this free the possibility of a bad user.

Then i picked warden and some other characters, the results are as follow.

https://youtu.be/DbMno_dTQ0k

Currently (i didnt test all the characters) the heros that can exploit this bug are the peacekeeper, the berserk and sometimes (its random in his case) the orochi.

This exploit only work if you are vs some of the intermediate (valk, warden, etc) character or almost all the heavy characters (conqueror, raider, etc) warlord is an exception (in my tests it didnt work) if you are playing a light hero vs light hero match the bug will not work, it also happens when playing nobushi vs peacekeeper (thats why i did all of this tests)

if someone have some questions feel free to ask, as i was saying i used a perfect guard break (i explained how to do it) so player skill is not involved, only mechanical gameplay

If you can, comment in the video so one of the ubisoft team members can see this, as its a bug (im sure about orochi one, it was completely random)

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 02:35 AM
Bump, this needs to be looked, if you can comment so a ubisoft member can see it, thanks!

UbiNoty
02-20-2017, 02:47 AM
Hi Crims0n_sky. thanks for bringing this to us. I believe what you're referring to will addressed in an upcoming patch (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements), but I will pass it along to be looked at. Please refrain from bumping as it is against forum rules :D Thanks!

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Hi Crims0n_sky. thanks for bringing this to us. I believe what you're referring to will addressed in an upcoming patch (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements), but I will pass it along to be looked at. Please refrain from bumping as it is against forum rules :D Thanks!

Thanks but its not that problem. "Currently you can’t counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be returned to the previous behavior seen in the Beta."

If you take the time to see the video (just 48 seconds with a lot of examples) you will see what i mean.

E-A-X
02-20-2017, 03:24 AM
that isnt a bug, the bots are cheating, the AI in this game DOES NOT follow the game rules. In PvP every time u parry you get a free guardbreak, hell even by simply blocking an attack from close range you get one, the AI simply cheats too much, they have shorter/larger timewindows or i dont know.

Its the exact same when playing the campaign, the AI does not follow the rules of PvP in multiplayer wich is stupid.
The AI gets free guardbreaks like in a PvP match, while they are the only one beeing able to counter guardbreak even after beeing parried.

Derity
02-20-2017, 03:32 AM
Yep, the A.I is immune to perfect guard breaks.

With that said, I've noticed some people online getting out of it too, so not sure if its a bug - but also I've noticed sometimes after a parry, my Guardbreak cannot reach the target, anyone get this too?

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 03:34 AM
that isnt a bug, the bots are cheating, the AI in this game DOES NOT follow the game rules. In PvP every time u parry you get a free guardbreak, hell even by simply blocking an attack from close range you get one, the AI simply cheats too much, they have shorter/larger timewindows or i dont know.

Its the exact same when playing the campaign, the AI does not follow the rules of PvP in multiplayer wich is stupid.
The AI gets free guardbreaks like in a PvP match, while they are the only one beeing able to counter guardbreak even after beeing parried.

Its a bug, you can check it in the video (orochi one at the end) i did a perfect after parry guard break (and after a parry you get a free guard break with low range characters, soooo)

if you didnt know perfect guard break after parry is holding up + grab button after a succesfull parry, you can try it in a custom game.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 03:42 AM

With that said, I've noticed some people online getting out of it too, so not sure if its a bug - but also I've noticed sometimes after a parry, my Guardbreak cannot reach the target, anyone get this too?

if you are vs long range characters (kensei, lawbringer, valk, nobushi) its completely normal that you cant do that "quick dash" if you have problems with normal enemys you can try my technique "perfect guard break": press and HOLD up + grab button after doing a parry, the character will automatically go with no delay to the enemy (so you never miss it) this way you always make a perfect guard break after a parry. You can try it in a custom game, its really effective.

And also, No, the bots are not immune to perfect guard breaks, try with peacekeeper or warlord and this never happens, try with other characters and you will see.

E-A-X
02-20-2017, 03:47 AM
Yes i know - but thats why im saying the ai is cheating by not following the given gamerules.
Like fighting any AI in this game is like cheesing all day, parry lightattack, parry lightattack - nothing else u could do, they even parry heavys that you usually always hit on players, but against them they just parry you.

Its sort of a disgusting experience to have that many inconsistencys in the game, between classes, between AI and players etc.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 03:59 AM
Yes i know - but thats why im saying the ai is cheating by not following the given gamerules.
Like fighting any AI in this game is like cheesing all day, parry lightattack, parry lightattack - nothing else u could do, they even parry heavys that you usually always hit on players, but against them they just parry you.

Its sort of a disgusting experience to have that many inconsistencys in the game, between classes, between AI and players etc.

Its not the AI, its some specific characters vs this 3 guys, try by yourself in a custom game with warlord, peacekeeper or berserk (your choice) do some parrys and then do the free guard break, you will do it with no problems. GB after a parry is ALWAYS a sure hit (vs short ranged heros), if you do it with no delay thats it (like i do it in the video)

vs a long weapon hero its not a free GB (but the problem is that this bug works in short ranged heros ----> it should be a free GB)

Drummel109
02-20-2017, 03:59 AM

I've only experienced this problem with one match up so far. My Valk versus a Shugoki. Every single time I parry I am never able to connect the guard break. He's miles away it feels. Heck, I can BARELY get to him with the Pounce. More often then not I am just far enough away that closing the distance gives them time to raise a block :(

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 04:36 AM
I've only experienced this problem with one match up so far. My Valk versus a Shugoki. Every single time I parry I am never able to connect the guard break. He's miles away it feels. Heck, I can BARELY get to him with the Pounce. More often then not I am just far enough away that closing the distance gives them time to raise a block :(

perfect guard break after parry is holding up + grab button after a succesfull parry (you will never miss it if you use it this way) if you tap only once after the parry finished you are losing some time + you have the risk of network making it fail (if you make it the way i say you can ignore this and the hero do the action post finishing the parry recovery)

optophobe
02-20-2017, 04:58 AM

I have experienced the issue the OP is talking about with human players. Only once or maybe twice, but it did happen. Bots just do it consistently because they cheat.

Seckytolporg
02-20-2017, 05:28 AM

As a shugoki main, I can say that the shugoki heavy consistently puts you far enough away that you cannot be guard broken after a parry if you swing from max range with the heavy. Shugoki lights don't have that property though.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 03:09 PM
I have experienced the issue the OP is talking about with human players. Only once or maybe twice, but it did happen. Bots just do it consistently because they cheat.

Humans can also do it (made the thread because of that) i used bots to eliminate the ms network of the possible problems.

NotMacgyver
02-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Kensei can tech after having his light attacks parried.

Was never sure if it was a feature of the class (long range giving enough time to recuperate after being parried) or if it was a bug.

PS: can't seem to replicate this when gear is off but I'm currently testing it

Slowthrob
02-20-2017, 03:28 PM
dem cheating bots

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 03:39 PM
@OP I'm not sure what you're talking about bro.

I've recreated this with level 3 bots myself, just now.

Here are the results:

https://youtu.be/bB5CFkUDJaw

Keep in mind I sometimes stupidly didn't followup after my guardbreaks, not considering that this might confuse some people, so to clear it up, they didnt tech/counter my guardbreaks a single time during testing!

Gojema
02-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Well, they never stated, that there is a guaranteed untechable guard break after parry, or did they?

Maybe there is just a time frame after getting parried where you can not use a guard break yourself, but under certain situations with long animations, specific class setups and using it on the last possible moment it might regularly be possible?

Waynedetta40k
02-20-2017, 04:01 PM
I have had a Berserker doin this to me today several times.
Will upload it later.

Robbeeeen
02-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Today after some matchs i detected some irregularities, the free guard break after a parry was acting strange vs assassins when using some characters. So i decided to make some tests

To make the test i used a level 3 bot (they counter almost all the grabs) this allowed me to erase a ms problem of network (as i was playing with 0 ms) also im using a perfect guard break (after a succesfull parry, tap UP + GB and hold it, that way the hero will make the guard break with no delay) this free the possibility of a bad user.

Then i picked warden and some other characters, the results are as follow.

https://youtu.be/DbMno_dTQ0k

Currently (i didnt test all the characters) the heros that can exploit this bug are the peacekeeper, the berserk and sometimes (its random in his case) the orochi.

This exploit only work if you are vs some of the intermediate (valk, warden, etc) character or almost all the heavy characters (conqueror, raider, etc) warlord is an exception (in my tests it didnt work) if you are playing a light hero vs light hero match the bug will not work, it also happens when playing nobushi vs peacekeeper (thats why i did all of this tests)

if someone have some questions feel free to ask, as i was saying i used a perfect guard break (i explained how to do it) so player skill is not involved, only mechanical gameplay

If you can, comment in the video so one of the ubisoft team members can see this, as its a bug (im sure about orochi one, it was completely random)

Can confirm, PK gets out of the previously guaranteed GB. I did some testing vs AI couple days ago, after people were complaining about the GB not working (the bug that is being fixed soon), PK lvl3 bot didnt get out of parry-GB then. Something changed.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Can confirm, PK gets out of the previously guaranteed GB. I did some testing vs AI couple days ago, after people were complaining about the GB not working (the bug that is being fixed soon), PK lvl3 bot didnt get out of parry-GB then. Something changed.

Here are the results:

Keep in mind I sometimes stupidly didn't followup after my guardbreaks, not considering that this might confuse some people, so to clear it up, they didnt tech/counter my guardbreaks a single time during testing!

Just wanna quote this so people don't miss it.

When I tried it, it worked as it's supposed to.

Robbeeeen
02-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Just wanna quote this so people don't miss it.

When I tried it, it worked as it's supposed to.

Just tested it again to make sure im not insane - Berserker got out once in a couple minutes of testing, PK much more often, about 20% of the time, depending on the time of attack I was parrying.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 04:53 PM

Here are the results:

i tested for 30 minutes+ you need to because they will counter guard break SOMETIMES, not all of the times (the ai is programmed to be like a human) i didnt get any result until minute 11 so yeah, its a bug. (not cheating)

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 05:00 PM
So what you're saying is that for 11 minutes you hit every single guardbreak, and after that the bug just started working and they countered every single one (after 11 minutes)?

That seems really contrived, I think you were starting to be sloppy in your gameplay or something.

Or you might be right and it is actually a bug, but I can't seem to replicate it.

by the way, in each one of these videos I was fighting for at least ~6 minutes, and they didnt counter a single GB. I can try for 11 minutes and report back though, if you insist.

Also tried it against
Peacekeeper, the results were the same:

https://youtu.be/DIEouYouWPI

e.Key
02-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Just played a Kensei who got ouf of my GB after i parried him. No AI.
If this is not intended, something is wrong.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 07:00 PM
You might be missing the fairly narrow guardbreak window after the parry (PROTIP: If you spam it, it wont always work)

NotMacgyver
02-20-2017, 07:45 PM
Finished testing and i can safely say with a good degree of certainty that this is due to a stat on gear (at least on kensei) however not sure which 1.

Tested by playing both brawl and dominion (can reliably counter guarbreak after being parried in dominion yet not in brawl)

Also tested it by creating duels with gear stats on and the bot will counter the guardbreak after a parried light when gear stats are on yet when off I can't seem to get them to counter it.

Or you can claim that everything you don't know about is a cheat, hack or script and just cry in the forums....up to you really

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Judging by what we know so far, it being a cheat is a fair assumption.

Of course I considered I might be wrong, you'll notice all my videos about the so called cheaters are unlisted (yours included).

I will test the parry -> guardbreak counter on bots with gear on later tonight and report.

DukeVonSausage
02-20-2017, 08:18 PM
I knew I wasn't going crazy, I knew it. Everyone disagreed, but I stayed convicted until the end. I KNEW IT!

Shinimas
02-20-2017, 08:27 PM
perfect guard break after parry is holding up + grab button after a succesfull parry (you will never miss it if you use it this way) if you tap only once after the parry finished you are losing some time + you have the risk of network making it fail (if you make it the way i say you can ignore this and the hero do the action post finishing the parry recovery)

You don't get to GB against certain attacks, the character doesn't move forward. Usually it's heavy attacks from long range e.g. Nobushi and Shugoki.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 09:15 PM
You don't get to GB against certain attacks, the character doesn't move forward. Usually it's heavy attacks from long range e.g. Nobushi and Shugoki.

I already say that in one of the answers :)

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 09:27 PM
You might be missing the fairly narrow guardbreak window after the parry (PROTIP: If you spam it, it wont always work)

Man, im a 90% win rate open beta player, and im doing this technique i discovered "perfect guard break after parry" (i should name it other way)

Basically you erase all kind of delay and it becomes a "To do" action, so no, i dont tap it, i hold it, why i would want to have delay in the action? :)

Kav0rk4
02-21-2017, 12:15 AM
Man, im a 90% win rate open beta player, and im doing this technique i discovered "perfect guard break after parry" (i should name it other way)

Basically you erase all kind of delay and it becomes a "To do" action, so no, i dont tap it, i hold it, why i would want to have delay in the action? :)

Spamming used to work in the open beta also, but they changed it.

I'm not sure whether or not spamming is the same as holding it, but I would guess so. Never tried holding it myself though.

NotMacgyver
02-21-2017, 12:58 AM
Did some further testing and it seems this doesn't happen when you chose certain classes. keeping everything the same so that better results can be achieved.

-lvl3 kensei bot.
-custom duel with gear stats on with 9 round each and no time limit.

With a warden the kensei counter almost always after a parry.
With the lawbringer however I couldn't get him to counter. (tried multiple times in case of different gear rolls for the bot)

will be trying other classes as well
but remember that even if the bot didn't do it during my tests doesn't mean he can't and since I'm trying to do every class I might not give them enough chances.

Conqueror-wasn't countered
Peacekeeper-wasn't countered

Starting to think its a warden problem

Raider-wasn't countered
zerker-wasn't countered
Valk-wasn't countered
Kensei-wasn't countered
shugoki-wasn't countered
orochi-wasn't countered
nobushi-wasn't countered

NotMacgyver
02-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Now that the we established that this is a problem with the warden when gear stats are turned on so lets test who can actually counter the warden.

Kensei-can counter

Will get around to if I ever feel like it but 1st i need to make some videos to prove that i wasn't hacking in case some1 listens to the guy that didn't bother testing and called for me to get banned...you know who you are and for the love of video games please test things before asking to get people banned.

AzureSky.
02-21-2017, 07:47 PM
To clarify this test was in 3 conditions:

-No Ms delay (vs lvl 3 bots and only doing parrys)
-No player Skill involved (tapping at the wrong time, etc) to do this i used a "Perfect guard break after parry" (holding UP + grab button after a parry so it becomes a "to do" action) I will make a tutorial to explain this in another video for the ones that want to use it.
-No Gear involved (it was a 1vs1 Duel, so no gear stats)

Also take in mind that nobushi is also bugged with this (have another video of it, just need to upload it)

AzureSky.
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Did some further testing and it seems this doesn't happen when you chose certain classes. keeping everything the same so that better results can be achieved.

-lvl3 kensei bot.
-custom duel with gear stats on with 9 round each and no time limit.

With a warden the kensei counter almost always after a parry.
With the lawbringer however I couldn't get him to counter. (tried multiple times in case of different gear rolls for the bot)

will be trying other classes as well
but remember that even if the bot didn't do it during my tests doesn't mean he can't and since I'm trying to do every class I might not give them enough chances.

Conqueror-wasn't countered
Peacekeeper-wasn't countered

Starting to think its a warden problem

Raider-wasn't countered
zerker-wasn't countered
Valk-wasn't countered
Kensei-wasn't countered
shugoki-wasn't countered
orochi-wasn't countered
nobushi-wasn't countered

Thanks for your contribution MCGyver, i also made some tests and nobushi is also bugged (peacekeeper can counter grab her)

NotMacgyver
02-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your contribution MCGyver, i also made some tests and nobushi is also bugged (peacekeeper can counter grab her)

Only tried with nobushi vs kensei will give the nobushi vs peacekeeper a try later.

Strangely enough i can only get the bots to counter guardbreak after a parry if i leave gear stats on but then again I tested mostly with kensei cause I knew he could do it and his lights are slow enough to parry them while paying attention to other data.

dstzebra
02-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Finally someone mention it. It is so uncomfortable when I am training with Lv3 AI and they keep doing this to me. It makes me worry if it may happen in PVP also.

NotMacgyver
02-22-2017, 06:28 PM
I tried to replicate a the warden x orochi bug in your video and these are the results i got:

Keeping the following options constant (game mode-duel, rounds to win-99, round timer-off, renown- feats disabled, bot-lvl 3 orochi, damage-no damage, revenge-on and radar-off)

-with gear stats the orochi countered guard breaks from my warden after parried lights.
-without gear stats I couldn't get him to counter guardbreak though.

From my tests I think that some stat on gear reduced recovery, whether this is intended or not I don't know but it isn't mentioned anywhere.

I'd like to ask OP to try his test again and make sure of what settings the gear is at since I can't replicate the results without gear on and it seem like other in this thread have the same problem.

The more we narrow this down the easier it will be for the devs to find where the cause of it lies or we might get a statement on whether this is intended or not.

AzureSky.
02-28-2017, 01:44 AM
I tried to replicate a the warden x orochi bug in your video and these are the results i got:

Keeping the following options constant (game mode-duel, rounds to win-99, round timer-off, renown- feats disabled, bot-lvl 3 orochi, damage-no damage, revenge-on and radar-off)

-with gear stats the orochi countered guard breaks from my warden after parried lights.
-without gear stats I couldn't get him to counter guardbreak though.

From my tests I think that some stat on gear reduced recovery, whether this is intended or not I don't know but it isn't mentioned anywhere.

I'd like to ask OP to try his test again and make sure of what settings the gear is at since I can't replicate the results without gear on and it seem like other in this thread have the same problem.

The more we narrow this down the easier it will be for the devs to find where the cause of it lies or we might get a statement on whether this is intended or not.

No gear, 1vs1 mode has no gear stat. I only play 1vs1 and 2vs2 because thats the modes intended for this game (all fighting games have p2p connection for that reason, more than 4 players and the connection starts to get laggy)