PDA

View Full Version : Realm Pride

King_.-Crimson
02-20-2017, 12:11 AM
Faction pride, whatever you want to call it.

Do you think the game would of been better if the game encouraged it? Having a background playing games like DAoC, WAR, even early WoW.... realm pride really added to the experience. Ubisoft seems to have taken a different route however, by allowing the factions to have access to all the classes/heroes, and even worse allowing people from different realms to play on the same side, and even playing against your own realm mates.

It really devalues any meaning the faction war has for me personally, and takes some fun out of the 4v4 modes.

Is it just a limitation caused by perceived low population down the road (que times can be a bit slow even now), or was a design choice. I'm not trying to complain or whine about it, just wondering how other people feel.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 12:20 AM
Needed. Every hero is completely different.

Balancing is an issue as is, imagine if picking any char wasn't an option. In the long run the considered most advantageous char, and therefor faction would be the one being used.

Anyway, you throw WoW as an example, when other than the passive racial skills (which mattered a for faction pick considering class and PvP or PvE style you were going for) both factions had the same exact classes available, minus the initial hick up between shaman and paladin, one they quickly addressed in the first DLC.
Another detail to consider is that these game overhaul their class stats, skills and gameplay from time to time to keep things diverse, fair and engaging while not favoring any previous broken or exploitable mechanic.

One just can't compare both.

I get what you mean, but unless perfect balance could be guaranteed (never going to happen)

Or you had the same classes reskinned for each faction. This just wouldn't be balanced and fair