PDA

View Full Version : P2P is Horrible. FIX THIS UBISOFT!

Jordan96123
02-19-2017, 11:49 PM
First off i don't have Horrible internet, my apartment complex does not allow other ISP other than the one they signed a contract with and wont open the ports so i am stuck with red NAT. for those like me this makes this game almost impossible to play. why do they not have dedicated servers?! if its because they don't want to invest the money into their own game i will never buy a Ubisoft game again!

fix this or you will lose more players/customers besides just me...

Foxunbeatable
02-19-2017, 11:54 PM
My friends and I all have green NAT and run fibre optic connections - we can't even duel each other consistently without drop outs. I imagine a strict NAT is likely causing some long wait times for your games however.

Too late for your to refund the game? They wont give you dedicated servers, heck at this point I imagine that will be waaay to much work for them to implement and they have already confirmed early in development, you, as a consumer, are not worth the cost of dedicated servers.

Jordan96123
02-20-2017, 12:36 AM
My friends and I all have green NAT and run fibre optic connections - we can't even duel each other consistently without drop outs. I imagine a strict NAT is likely causing some long wait times for your games however.

Too late for your to refund the game? They wont give you dedicated servers, heck at this point I imagine that will be waaay to much work for them to implement and they have already confirmed early in development, you, as a consumer, are not worth the cost of dedicated servers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, that's why im never going to buy a Ubisoft game, and yeah way too late for a refund the problems were not so bad at first but now its getting worse and worse im assuming it is because so many people already quit this game. so less people to connect too. very unfortunate i enjoy this game when it works.

Ryutt
02-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Seriously, the connections are horrible, even with 100mbps and green NAT. You cant even properly parry or guardbreak counter if the host is bad. You're basically forced to block when you'd rather parry or spam light attack when you'd rather guard break counter. How could p2p ever be considered in a game that relies on reactions that must happen within a quarter of second? I feel like I got scammed, I just did not expect a AAA title from a huge publisher to not even buy servers. Even early access games have dedicated servers.

Much of the game is designed around these split second reactions yet you're at a huge disadvantage if the host has a slow network whilst they are at a large advantage. For example, countering a guard break requires less than half a second timing and if you miss it next to an environmental hazard, you're instantly dead.

This game has amazing art and immersion and even gameplay (on rare occasion when the connection is good) yet is overshadowed by terrible infrastructure. Just sad to see another unique and groundbreaking game destroy itself by failing to invest in solid infrastructure. So many publishers waste the talent of their design teams by selecting bad game engines (For Honor has a good engine imo) or failing to invest in proper servers.

Altair_Snake
02-20-2017, 12:26 PM
The way they handle lateny is briliant, but the matchmaking and host migrations (specially the ones that fail and cause the match to crash) are really bad. And there is also the NAT issue, which doesn't affect me directly, but is certainly another stain in this awesome game. I also sometimes can't connect to my friend and it's super random. We both have green nat and can connect well most of the time. But sometimes we keep disbanding. Reseting the game helps, but it's not consistent and it's a drag, too.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 12:27 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, that's why im never going to buy a Ubisoft game, and yeah way too late for a refund the problems were not so bad at first but now its getting worse and worse im assuming it is because so many people already quit this game. so less people to connect too. very unfortunate i enjoy this game when it works.

Sucks but I played yesterday and there were 145k on and was getting games regularly. Also, didn't have a single drop in 3 hours of play.

Jordan96123
02-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Sucks but I played yesterday and there were 145k on and was getting games regularly. Also, didn't have a single drop in 3 hours of play.

Yeah i have had a few days of great play and no disconnects but in the week it has been out i have had 2 days that i could not touch the game because non of our friends could connect and when we did it would drop once in the match. very frustrating given that i love the game and feel i am fairly good at it (2.4 KDA and 85% win ratio). i hope they fix most of these issues otherwise never again will i buy a Ubisoft game.