PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Spam is Real

BenjaminTheMad
02-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Yesterday in a Dominion match, my friends and I were trying to hold C on High Fort when I hear one of my friends just sigh and start grumbling about a Valkyrie on the enemy team. He says she has an unblockable combo that he couldn't recover from and just wiped the floor with him and his Warden. I didn't believe him, wanting to have faith in Ubisoft to not allow something THAT bad. But then it happened to me, less than twenty seconds later. And not just one Valkyrie, but two! They BOTH knew this infinite, unblockable attack that just let them win any confrontation. It was so absurdly easy to perform that I couldn't believe it got past the devs.

She did her shield charge, which knocked us down, then followed it up with an instant power attack that he wouldn't block (because, you know, on the ground), which I'm fine with. But then... As my character is getting up, she does it AGAIN, while I'm locked in the animation to stand up. She knocks me down again, does another strong attack. And she repeats this combo every. Single. Time. We won against her and the other Valkyrie purely by ganking the hell out of them, beat their team by being the kinds of players we hate. But the fact stands that such an insane, stupid thing exists is baffling. The other cheesy tactics have a limit, either on stamina or distance or a window to defend it. But not this one. Please, Ubisoft, for the love of God, fix this. She's going to be buffed soon and the ability to do MORE damage while not fixing the shield charge knockdown spam will just break the character, not fix her. I love your game, I'm addicted to it and the rage and joy I feel while playing a good match. So please, don't let this happen. Not just with Valkyrie, but all "infinite" combo attacks. Thank you.

MoneyBags270
02-19-2017, 06:57 PM
I am the valk you're referring to and i knew this would happen. It's called a vortex anyone that plays fighters would know this. There's a simple way to escape it. So before people go crying about a character who is currently considered bottom tier...learn the counters.

BenjaminTheMad
02-19-2017, 07:47 PM
The infamous Warden vortex is largely considered to be 50/50, even by professional players, or at least as professional as one can be in a game less than a week into release. I've never had a problem escaping literally any other vortex from any class. But you're getting tunnel-vision on the parts that make you upset. The last part of the post says to get rid of the infinite combos from any class, not just Valkyrie. If the meta of the game changes to "Just do this combo and if you land it once, you win" then the game suffers. Other fighting games give victims of long combo strings some i-frames to recover and get a chance to defend. But to flat out deny that such a flaw exists at all, and to relegate the entire issue to "git gud" is asinine. So, if someone has some secret knowledge about how to counter the vortex attacks that doesn't boil down to "dodge and hope you're not out of stamina or cornered" then please enlighten the rest of us.

Lufury
02-19-2017, 08:02 PM
dont even need to read more than the first sentence. 1 Sidestep light hit problem solved. gl. btw have fun against warden ;)

btw. Dont even go for a Parry against a Valkyrie. Block her and then u can grabb her for free until the next patch since her recovery time is a joke.

T_Djinn_T
02-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Yesterday in a Dominion match, my friends and I were trying to hold C on High Fort when I hear one of my friends just sigh and start grumbling about a Valkyrie on the enemy team. He says she has an unblockable combo that he couldn't recover from and just wiped the floor with him and his Warden. I didn't believe him, wanting to have faith in Ubisoft to not allow something THAT bad. But then it happened to me, less than twenty seconds later. And not just one Valkyrie, but two! They BOTH knew this infinite, unblockable attack that just let them win any confrontation. It was so absurdly easy to perform that I couldn't believe it got past the devs.

She did her shield charge, which knocked us down, then followed it up with an instant power attack that he wouldn't block (because, you know, on the ground), which I'm fine with. But then... As my character is getting up, she does it AGAIN, while I'm locked in the animation to stand up. She knocks me down again, does another strong attack. And she repeats this combo every. Single. Time. We won against her and the other Valkyrie purely by ganking the hell out of them, beat their team by being the kinds of players we hate. But the fact stands that such an insane, stupid thing exists is baffling. The other cheesy tactics have a limit, either on stamina or distance or a window to defend it. But not this one. Please, Ubisoft, for the love of God, fix this. She's going to be buffed soon and the ability to do MORE damage while not fixing the shield charge knockdown spam will just break the character, not fix her. I love your game, I'm addicted to it and the rage and joy I feel while playing a good match. So please, don't let this happen. Not just with Valkyrie, but all "infinite" combo attacks. Thank you.

Lol I read about half of this and stopped.
Just to make sure there's 12 heroes in the game. And the worst hero in the entire game currently is Valk and you're crying about her...

I knew nerfing her this much was enough. DEVS STOP THE BUFFS TO VALK WE NEED MORE NERFS! Let my baby become worse! I'll still mop the floor with bad players.

BenjaminTheMad
02-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Who's crying specifically and only about Valkyrie in this thread?
For those who say to dodge it, that's the problem. The shield bash grounds you, and you can't dodge the bash while you're standing from prone. This leads to the infinite chain. Unblockable shield charge against a foe who can neither block nor dodge and is followed up by a heavy attack. If you get hit once by the first shield charge, you may as well just set the controller down. You're done, you can't escape it. That's not a problem with the player, that's a problem with the vortex capability. I'll practice against it after work, but I'm not convinced that once that particular string starts, that it's avoidable. But still, I'm nothing if not persistent. I'll try, so that I can lynch you savage rednecks for the glory of the tincans.

T_Djinn_T
02-19-2017, 08:19 PM
Who's crying specifically and only about Valkyrie in this thread?
For those who say to dodge it, that's the problem. The shield bash grounds you, and you can't dodge the bash while you're standing from prone. This leads to the infinite chain. Unblockable shield charge against a foe who can neither block nor dodge and is followed up by a heavy attack. If you get hit once by the first shield charge, you may as well just set the controller down. You're done, you can't escape it. That's not a problem with the player, that's a problem with the vortex capability. I'll practice against it after work, but I'm not convinced that once that particular string starts, that it's avoidable. But still, I'm nothing if not persistent. I'll try, so that I can lynch you savage rednecks for the glory of the tincans.

You CAN dodge the shield bash. You CAN dodge the following sweep. There's nothing that's undodgable from the Valk. Yea it requires good timing. But not impossible by any means.

You think it's impossible. Go to training against a level 3 bot. Cancel your Heavy's with Guardbreak it'll do a shield bash. You will NEVER hit with it.

MoneyBags270
02-19-2017, 08:59 PM
I remember doing it to you yesterday. All you simply have to do is roll backwards after the shoulder charge to avoid the grab and the sweep. If you think the valk will try to gb then light attack if you don't want to guess which one simply. Roll. Back. Nerfs are unnecessary man..

itsozzhere
02-19-2017, 09:17 PM
dodge backwards, suddenly everything of her got countered. back is optional.. you can dodge to the side and smack or grab her.. she has ridiculously long recovery times which are punished easily.
she also can only do it max 3 times i think.. so there is that.

It's gonna be a little bit before these people understand that you need to l2p, instead of asking for those heroes to be perm nerfed and weak, so you can win without learning how to actually play.

Yes, obviously if shes spamming it, op should find a way to counter the spam, and yes, theres a counter to almost all of her moves, and if not, you can roll, parry, side step, run away and reposition, if she gets real bad, lead her to an edge and try to shove her off, if you lose, quit raging and try again. I can battle valkyries, they're fun battles, and fast and exciting imo, but thats cause I actually know how to play... not trying to be rude.

optophobe
02-19-2017, 09:30 PM
If people actually bothered to try stuff out instead of immediately crying OP they would learn that you can get out of Valk's so-called vortex with 100% reliability and retaliate with free damage. Valk's vortex is nothing like Warden's. Valk vortex is punishable.

Sykoink
02-19-2017, 09:55 PM
There is just no end to these topics crying about things that aren't necessary. Everybody STOP complaining about classes asking Ubisoft to ''fix'' this and that. If you are getting owned by someone with a certain class and a certain technique, first try and learn to understand that technique that is being used and learn how to counter the technique. You can also just ask here on the forum how to counter a technique being used by a class before going on a rant asking Ubisoft to fix it.

Cyb3rR4ptor
02-19-2017, 10:40 PM
If I was the victim of being spammed by Valk and failed to handle her properly. I would probably give kudos to the Valk. Besides throwing you to the ground is the best way to land her heavy attack since doing it at randome is suicide and all her lights barely do any damage. So why be mad at someone when they are playing their character with their best way to fight.

If so I can see you rage about.
Warden Vortex
LB endless pushes
Nobushi's poke/kicks
Orochi 's side dash light.

oh the list goes on.

Characters will always have a set of moves that will be used repeatedly. Specially if all other moves on their arsenal don't reap much benefit.

Also. No character here has an infinite. Stamina makes sure of that.

shinobikaze
02-20-2017, 01:50 AM
If I was the victim of being spammed by Valk and failed to handle her properly. I would probably give kudos to the Valk. Besides throwing you to the ground is the best way to land her heavy attack since doing it at randome is suicide and all her lights barely do any damage. So why be mad at someone when they are playing their character with their best way to fight.

If so I can see you rage about.
Warden Vortex
LB endless pushes
Nobushi's poke/kicks
Orochi 's side dash light.

oh the list goes on.

Characters will always have a set of moves that will be used repeatedly. Specially if all other moves on their arsenal don't reap much benefit.

Also. No character here has an infinite. Stamina makes sure of that.

Issue with Warden he can punish you hard and make you have to guess and hope he can't react fast enough to either keep the charge or GB
Lawbringer just shoves you and can't really combo off of it at all.so it's just annoying
Nobushi can be dodged because she can't GB cancel her kicking animation
Orochi's is ****ed if you block the side attack. If he could GB cancel out of a side dash he would be as bad as warden

Ryumanjisen
02-20-2017, 01:56 AM
Look, another "I don't know how to deal with this thing, so it's must be an OP infinite thing" post.

Seriously, the people in these forums amazes me. I think the main problem is most of you doesn't realize this is a fighting game, not a hack n' slash or a MOBA. You're going to see stuff like vortex, cancels and even mind games. Get used to it, learn to deal with it, our you'll never be good at this game.

Cyb3rR4ptor
02-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Issue with Warden he can punish you hard and make you have to guess and hope he can't react fast enough to either keep the charge or GB
Lawbringer just shoves you and can't really combo off of it at all.so it's just annoying
Orochi's is ****ed if you block the side attack. If he could GB cancel out of a side dash he would be as bad as warden

I know. Point is that if he's gonna complain about a character for doing the same move or sequence of moves over and over he has a lot to complain about. Specially for a character whos only actual way to land any sort of decent damage lies on opening you up with the same move.

T_Djinn_T
02-20-2017, 04:14 PM

Warden will never land the vortex against a half decent player. ever. If you're bad. You'll try to dodge or anticipate a GB. Congrats you've lost already. If you're half decent or good at the game. The moment he lands ANY attack you'll just roll away if he's spamming Vortex. If he's not you'll parry the following attack.
Lawbringer is just annoying. You're right nothing comes off him. He can't combo anything.
Nobushi is even easier
Orochi isn't ****ed if you block it. Because his recovery time is so low he can't be punished unless you parry. But still easy to handle.

WheepingSong
02-20-2017, 04:25 PM
There is only 1 unblockable/undodgable combo in the game. Its the conquerers Revenge mode shield bash knockdown followed by heavy swings and which combos into another shield knockdown. Only works in revenge mode though.

BustyBurlapSack
02-22-2018, 03:54 AM
You're just going to have to bite a few bullets for awhile, cuz I'm dealing with a lot of valks rn. You should also take note that most of them just continuously do the same vortex moves, if it happens once, expect it again. But the only real bad thing is her light attacks, which i think should be slowed by a few milliseconds. ESPECIALLY her lunge

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 08:18 AM
You're just going to have to bite a few bullets for awhile, cuz I'm dealing with a lot of valks rn. You should also take note that most of them just continuously do the same vortex moves, if it happens once, expect it again. But the only real bad thing is her light attacks, which i think should be slowed by a few milliseconds. ESPECIALLY her lunge

What a necro. :)

Valkyrie is the worst hero on the roster right now. She has no vortex to begin with, you can dodge every unblockable she does and punish with a GB. You can block her jumping attack and dodge attack and punish with a GB...

Card1acArrest
02-22-2018, 02:07 PM
On a side note; I read someone claiming the front/side lunge attacks, if blocked, no longer cause free GB. Does anybody know? .. Only play 4v4 and cant test it there :)

Alustar.
02-22-2018, 02:46 PM
As an assassin player, I used to have problems with Valk, after a time I learned where in her chain it was safe to dodge.

You need to train more, this combo is not an instant win, you just gave up trying to counter it and labeled it OP, because that's the popular thing to do nowadays.