PDA

View Full Version : This game is trash

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Hey guys!

Wanna have fun fighting against other epic heroes?!

TOO BAD!

In For Honor, you get to stare at each other the entire game until someone gets the balls to throw the first offensive maneuver. BUT WAIT THERE'S A CATCH!

If you throw offense first, you will be parried or dodged and punished. There is not ONE single advantage to playing offense in this game. It CATERS to defensive turtle players aka *****ES.

Theres no [Removed] skill in this game. Its who has more patience to wait out the other guy. There are numerous benefits to playing turtle and defensively and absolutely 0 advantage for the offensive player. This game is [Removed].

a 1v1 consists of, block, block, block, parry, you eat a heavy. Tah dah! you lost! for trying to attack the enemy who just playing reactive defense and contributed no offense to the match. Voila!

xW11nD
02-19-2017, 05:53 PM
git gud. deal with turtling. Feints, gb, Zone, counter, parry them when they make a mistake.

Immortal_Zeal
02-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Feint. Parry parry

Punish.

Did I mention Feint?

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 05:55 PM
git gud. deal with turtling. Feints, gb, parry them when they make a mistake.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW as fun as that sounds, no thanks!

every single 1v1 my opponent is a turtle and just fcking blocks everything. I switch up attacks, I incorporate feints to unpredictable lights, I GB, I CGB, it doesn't matter. Defense and parrying in this game are KING.

If you wanna win you sacrifice fun for becoming a turtle that waits for parries and capitalizes.

This isn't a [Removed] game, it's [Removed] tic tac toe. it's crap. gtfo.

JayyRupp
02-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Hey guys!

TOO BAD!

In For Honor, you get to stare at each other the entire game until someone gets the balls to throw the first offensive maneuver. BUT WAIT THERE'S A CATCH!

If you throw offense first, you will be parried or dodged and punished. There is not ONE single advantage to playing offense in this game. It CATERS to defensive turtle players aka *****ES.

Theres no [Removed] skill in this game. Its who has more patience to wait out the other guy. There are numerous benefits to playing turtle and defensively and absolutely 0 advantage for the offensive player. This game is [Removed].

a 1v1 consists of, block, block, block, parry, you eat a heavy. Tah dah! you lost! for trying to attack the enemy who just playing reactive defense and contributed no offense to the match. Voila!
LOL MAD KID IS A BAD KID. Git gud.

CAR0.
02-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Hey guys!

TOO BAD!

So basically you got your *** handed to you in 1v1s. Answer me this, Is the game trash or are you trash at the game? I bet is that your trash at the game so you think venting on forums will help. Pull your big boy panties back up and try again with a different strat!

Immortal_Zeal
02-19-2017, 05:57 PM
So this game is trash because you refuse to use the tools handed to you???

Jesus. Millennial gamers these days.

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 05:59 PM
The audacity to believe I don't use the tools given to me. you guys are [Removed] nubs. if I have brains enough to use the forum you can bet your *** I have brains enough to use what they teach in the tutorials.

This game is so [Removed] bad. it 10000000% caters to turtles. The only way to win is to accept the turtle playstyle and acknowledge the majority of your damage output will ONLY come from capitalizing on parries.

its so [Removed] boring. its not a game. it pretends to be. there's counter play to being the aggressor, but absolutely NO counter play to the turtle. You give up absolutely nothing by playing turtle and gain huge advantages. If you choose to be the aggressor its an uphill battle where you only win when lag allows your hits to go through blocks.

T R A S H

vAshes2Ashesv
02-19-2017, 06:01 PM
*Saying Get Gud while probably abusing some kind of flawed mechanic for ez wins*

I don't agree with all of the OP post, but I will agree with the turtle defensive players who just eat your health down ever so slightly just for a win, which can't be fun for any party involved. Also the guard break spammers or gankers. The issue with the game is that people will do LITERALLY anything for a victory word to appear on their screen, doesn't matter how scummy or boring the tactic is. The game allows way too many annoying [Removed] exploitative moves or mechanics that gives you pretty much no chance to win against them, because they're determined. If it keeps on like this, the game will die in a few months, if even that.

PunkPirateAFO
02-19-2017, 06:01 PM
So many people here with unhelpful banter....

Pay them no mind. One thing Ive noticed that throws a lot of turtles off is unlocked attacking. A lot of people usually do it for a running attack or a unlocked GB but sometimes its better to try and trick them with a light. Also, try your unblockables or feint unblockables, they usually guarantee a parry attempt or dodge. Be sure youre using theor stam against them, as well as the environment. A wall bounce can secure a heay attack.

xW11nD
02-19-2017, 06:02 PM
The audacity to believe I don't use the tools given to me. you guys are [Removed] nubs. if I have brains enough to use the forum you can bet your *** I have brains enough to use what they teach in the tutorials.

This game is so [Removed] bad. it 10000000% caters to turtles. The only way to win is to accept the turtle playstyle and acknowledge the majority of your damage output will ONLY come from capitalizing on parries.

its so [Removed] boring. its not a game. it pretends to be. there's counter play to being the aggressor, but absolutely NO counter play to the turtle. You give up absolutely nothing by playing turtle and gain huge advantages. If you choose to be the aggressor its an uphill battle where you only win when lag allows your hits to go through blocks.

T R A S H

Hey idk if I mentioned this in my last post but I suggest Feinting. Idk what mmr ur in but I never play vs turtles.
And if you were to be up against a really defensive player i would suggest to uhmm.. oh yeah feint. or Zone. Or guardbreak. Or learn to counter guardbrake and play of that.

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 06:02 PM
all the ****** bags in my thread, all the **** riding ***** bags

keep defending this piece of [Removed] game. it will die in a month and you guys can enjoy what is the staring battles of WHO WILL USE OFFENSE FIRST to end the bore fest that is this games core gameplay.

this game is so [Removed] whack. anyone telling me to git gud can [Removed]. theres no skill in this game you morons. play defense, capitalize parries = win.

PackingMoney
02-19-2017, 06:04 PM
all the ****** bags in my thread, all the **** riding ***** bags

keep defending this piece of [Removed] game. it will die in a month and you guys can enjoy what is the staring battles of WHO WILL USE OFFENSE FIRST to end the bore fest that is this games core gameplay.

this game is so [Removed] whack. anyone telling me to git gud can [Removed]. theres no skill in this game you morons. play defense, capitalize parries = win.

Git Gud :D

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Wait until enemy attack you first - dodge + light attack (no stamina cost) - repeat - do it non stop until enemy die - win. For honor 2017. P2P, broken matchmaking, broken region search, AAA game :D

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Wait until enemy attack you first - dodge + light attack (no stamina cost) - repeat - do it non stop until enemy die - win. For honor 2017.

HOW COULD I FORGET

if parries aren't your flavor, don't worry turtles! we have more!

You can simply focus on your right stick blocking all incoming attacks, and then...... DODGE INTO LIGHT ATTACKS WHEN THE OFFENSE COMES YOUR WAY!!!

This poster gets it.

Good game is good.

CAR0.
02-19-2017, 06:08 PM
HOW COULD I FORGET

if parries aren't your flavor, don't worry turtles! we have more!

You can simply focus on your right stick blocking all incoming attacks, and then...... DODGE INTO LIGHT ATTACKS WHEN THE OFFENSE COMES YOUR WAY!!!

This poster gets it.

Good game is good.

This guy is soooooo salty XD

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Also forgot about cheat on release day. BUT PEOPLE, CALM DOWN, easyanticheat will save us!!!

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 06:10 PM
This guy is soooooo salty XD

salty indeed. I really liked this game until it devolved into what is the TURTLE PARADISE

don't worry bro, you too will get to be salty once one of two things happen:

You get to my elo and get to see the turtle paradise firsthand

or

The game dies in a month due to too many turtles and terrible gameplay mechanics

we all get to be salty don't worry.

Gnarxly
02-19-2017, 06:14 PM
You don't get to experience this in mid skill range which is by far the vast majority of players.

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Enemy counter guard break after you parry his attack? Pst, come closer... it's are...
S K I L L

vAshes2Ashesv
02-19-2017, 06:19 PM
For Honor should be renamed to Gravity Turtles.

Gravity = Ever present throwing people off ledges tactic
Turtles = Defensive abusers

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 06:42 PM

It's funny how the things we're talking about aren't actually taught in the tutorials. It's amazing how a person can own themselves so hard.

YaDoneG00fed
02-19-2017, 07:16 PM
I have a 67% win rate with my Zerker. I love when someone turtles lol please tell me more about how they are the "kings" of this game?

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 07:22 PM
It's funny how the things we're talking about aren't actually taught in the tutorials. It's amazing how a person can own themselves so hard.

oh? they don't talk about feinting in the How-to-Play hero videos? they don't mention parries and guard breaks?

Hackfraysn
02-19-2017, 07:32 PM
This game is trash

No, it's not. It has some unecessarily big flaws, though.

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 07:33 PM
I have a 67% win rate with my Zerker. I love when someone turtles lol please tell me more about how they are the "kings" of this game?

They turtle, they position so they are either close to a wall to capitalize using environment stuns or away from a wall if their hero doesn't use the environment well. once in this position there is no more need for movement, they can literally stand still as the opponent circles and closes in on them. The defensive player has to sit back and match their right stick with the offensive players to at the very least ensure a block to mitigate all dmg, from this same exact position after a few blocks they typically have the timing down to add one button to their defensive prowess, RT, a parry! the defensive player needs not to move, only block and parry all incoming attacks while keeping their CGB button on standby. The defensive player declines to provide any offense, and will simply continue playing defense. As the offensive player eats punishments from trying to attack the defender, he grows frustrated and loses much more health than the defensive player typically leading to a desperate onslaught trying to catch the defender but this only plays into the defenders game and makes it even easier to parry or dodge into yet another but fatal punishment.

The defensive player has the benefit of being safe from the environment due to finding a position and not budging, forcing any normal game player to go to them because its the entire point of the game, to pvp. The defensive player has the benefit of knowing they only need to match their Right Stick and defend attacks, knowing they will eventually find an opportunity to attack due to the offense trying to use offense. The defensive player can push the issue turning the offensive players offense into his own damage with parries and dodging into light attacks. The defensive player may get hit occasionally trying to block everything, but ultimately the defensive combo of utilizing parry will win games more than the offensive chipping away a defender with small quick attacks.

The offense has literally 0 advantages. Offense initiates, he will most likely get blocked and eventually parried. If the offensive player closes gaps in order to use GB, he may get one or two over the course of a round but eventually the defensive player will persevere due to the ease of CGB and using attacks to hit a distance closing offensive player's GB attempt. The offense loses stamina while trying to switch up attacks and find an opening on the defensive player. If the offensive player is parried he loses half his stamina.

If you want to win in this game, you acknowledge the majority of your damage output will come from abusing parrying and defensive tactics that leaves no counter play to an offensive minded player. The game is not fun, there is one way to consistently win and it does not have a weakness.

kharm101
02-19-2017, 07:38 PM
I agree with the guy above me. The one and only maneuver people offer as a method of being offensive is feinting, and yet as a defensive player you don't even need to commit to a parry. You can option select parry and guard break, meaning as the poster above me said, being on the attack is risky, being on the defense is safe. This sort of asymmetry leads to everyone turtling at a sufficiently high skill level.

For most cases you can indeed "git gud" and beat your opponent by capitalizing on their mistakes. Yet at the top level of skill there will be nothing you can do to bypass their defense.

Alpha__6
02-19-2017, 07:54 PM
I agree with some of this. There are some major flaws with the combat and just overall mechanics of the game. Matchmaking is a joke because it just matches you apparently based off your highest ranks hero not the actual hero you select because it match makes before you select. Essentially you get matched against heroes with Reputation 1-4 and gearscores up into the 100s and your playing a level 1 with a 0 gear score.

The evasion is unresponsive a lot of the time. A game based of twitch reflexes needs to have a solid respons rate. Even the guard is to slow half the time. I'm not sure if it's connection with there servers or design but you never hear people complain about evasion or guards in the souls games which is very similar. When you take a hit in those game you know damn well you didn't get the guard off. However, this game consistently will rob you. I can't even count how many times I have blocked a standard attack and the game just will not move fast enough. I honestly believe that this is where a lot of the issues stem from. I could. It even imagine playing it on pro with lower frame rate. Pro enhanced players are probably the ones getting destroyed most of the time.

I do agree that it became a turtle style very quickly but because of this now the game is just turning into a grab, charge, kick and throw fest and people trying to get insta kills off ledges. A lot of these matches with experienced players just becomes a joke because the won't even fight you most of the time. They run around waiting for you to get by a ledge or spikes and grab or kick you into something. Not to mention some classes have more overpowered grabs or charges that are just stupid.

So basically I do agree that you are forced into a guard game most of the time and then the rest of the people commenting against him prove my point the other major problem with grabs and guard breaks. This is literally the 99% in the game...you have to guard and parry but when you do you get spammed with charges, guard breaks and grabs. So then you switch to offensive and get pummeled because they go back to guarding lol. And even when you get in a party battle, again like I said, it is unresponsive or is delayed because of peer to peer and you get hit by attacks you are blocking.

Game is good but there are major flaws in the combat and matchmaking system. If not addressed all this game will be soon is stun spammers and throws. Even revenge is broke. It's far to powerful. I here all the time that 2 vs 1 is an almost guaranteed win....bahahaha. If you know what your doing then you stay out of the fight if your buddy has them. Forcing a good player into revenge is just idiocy. The damage out put with the attacks being unblockable is just ******ed . A conquer in revenge no stop can wipe a whole team easy.

It's Ubisoft tho, they won't change a thing. There MO is "it's working as intended" even if the quality of the game is suffering from it. They view gamers as just open wallets for them and take no feedback ever.

Cyricke
02-19-2017, 08:28 PM
It's sad the game died in less than a week.

Zordrage
02-19-2017, 08:42 PM
i wish i would get turtles..... instead i get people that spam Unblockable undodgeable shield bashes in my face 24/7........

Cyricke
02-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Shameless bump. I want more input. Misery loves company. I miss having an actual game to pvp in, this became turtle fest at high elo around Thursday after release. Get exposed *****.

PacTheManlyMan
02-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Shameless bump. I want more input. Misery loves company. I miss having an actual game to pvp in, this became turtle fest at high elo around Thursday after release. Get exposed *****.

Seriously now, learn to feint and punish their parry attempt.
The fight can become very dynamic once you get the gist of dealing with turtles.

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't see it's a problem, just you don't know how to fake attack, and you don't know each character, even each players movements, yes I said each player, everyone have a different movement or habit, and they might change during the battle, you should learn them first and move precisely, adapt the opponent's change, not smashing button and cry here, it won't help, and you know this game have enough time to make them think they can attack and you can dodge it and strike back right? Come on what's in your head?

EothK
02-20-2017, 01:35 PM

T R A S H

You do realize this game is trying to be more like real life fighting rather than an action game in which swords not really seem to hurt much but look real flashy?

If you look at any kind of weapon based duel in real life it's all about defending and being carefull, know why? Cause if you blindely attack as an idiot you tend to wind up dead....

Cyricke
02-20-2017, 01:55 PM
They turtle, they position so they are either close to a wall to capitalize using environment stuns or away from a wall if their hero doesn't use the environment well. once in this position there is no more need for movement, they can literally stand still as the opponent circles and closes in on them. The defensive player has to sit back and match their right stick with the offensive players to at the very least ensure a block to mitigate all dmg, from this same exact position after a few blocks they typically have the timing down to add one button to their defensive prowess, RT, a parry! the defensive player needs not to move, only block and parry all incoming attacks while keeping their CGB button on standby. The defensive player declines to provide any offense, and will simply continue playing defense. As the offensive player eats punishments from trying to attack the defender, he grows frustrated and loses much more health than the defensive player typically leading to a desperate onslaught trying to catch the defender but this only plays into the defenders game and makes it even easier to parry or dodge into yet another but fatal punishment.

The defensive player has the benefit of being safe from the environment due to finding a position and not budging, forcing any normal game player to go to them because its the entire point of the game, to pvp. The defensive player has the benefit of knowing they only need to match their Right Stick and defend attacks, knowing they will eventually find an opportunity to attack due to the offense trying to use offense. The defensive player can push the issue turning the offensive players offense into his own damage with parries and dodging into light attacks. The defensive player may get hit occasionally trying to block everything, but ultimately the defensive combo of utilizing parry will win games more than the offensive chipping away a defender with small quick attacks.

The offense has literally 0 advantages. Offense initiates, he will most likely get blocked and eventually parried. If the offensive player closes gaps in order to use GB, he may get one or two over the course of a round but eventually the defensive player will persevere due to the ease of CGB and using attacks to hit a distance closing offensive player's GB attempt. The offense loses stamina while trying to switch up attacks and find an opening on the defensive player. If the offensive player is parried he loses half his stamina.

If you want to win in this game, you acknowledge the majority of your damage output will come from abusing parrying and defensive tactics that leaves no counter play to an offensive minded player. The game is not fun, there is one way to consistently win and it does not have a weakness.

For the people who posted above me.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Well apparently you just found the game winning tactic, why not incorporate that into your play and be the best For Honor player in the universe?

Try going fully defensive and see what happens when you face a good player.

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Well apparently you just found the game winning tactic, why not incorporate that into your play and be the best For Honor player in the universe?

Try going fully defensive and see what happens when you face a good player.

I bet 10 dollar he will come back and cry why there have things such as feint attack and unblockable grab and charge.

UbiJurassic
02-20-2017, 08:01 PM
There has been great, constructive conversation involving battle tactics in here, but since Cyricke continues to use offensive language and bumped his thread, we will be closing this. Please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181761-Forum-Rules), as both offenses are against them.