PDA

View Full Version : Is the Network errors and Problems being looked at?

randomwire
02-19-2017, 04:11 PM
I love the game and will continue to play for the long haul, But that being said has anyone seen where they are looking at fixing some of the network errors that occur about 40 to 50% of the time on Xbox? I've wasted several hours in games that error out or close without notice and I get nothing.. I am just curious if Ubi has even knowledge that there is an issue?

T_Djinn_T
02-19-2017, 04:12 PM
No. They say they are. But they're not.
The network problems have been here since the first beta. They haven't been changed even in the slightest.
Quite frankly there's more now than then.

randomwire
02-19-2017, 04:20 PM
The network problems have been here since the first beta. They haven't been changed even in the slightest.

Though I would agree it does seem worse but that being said there is more people in the game, I'm sure the problems will take time I just wish Ubi would be more transparent with the community if they attend to make this a large community game.

T_Djinn_T
02-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Though I would agree it does seem worse but that being said there is more people in the game, I'm sure the problems will take time I just wish Ubi would be more transparent with the community if they attend to make this a large community game.

You want to be patient with Ubi and I understand that. This is your first Ubi game and all.

Do me a favor though. Go and look at all other online games by Ubi. Patiences with them isn't worth it. They intnetionally kill all of their games by refusing to communicate with the community. As well as by not making any changes to glaring issues.

Every
Single
Ubi
Game

So again. Patience while respectable, was lost a long time ago.

AzureSky.
02-19-2017, 04:31 PM

You are soooo wrong, i had 90% playable games in open beta, and right now i have 20%, my 90% win rate got destroyed thanks to the network changes they made, but w/e (its not ranked) I hope they fix the game as it was before, i only pay for it because of that reason.

T_Djinn_T
02-19-2017, 04:36 PM
You are soooo wrong, i had 90% playable games in open beta, and right now i have 20%, my 90% win rate got destroyed thanks to the network changes they made, but w/e (its not ranked) I hope they fix the game as it was before, i only pay for it because of that reason.

You said I'm wrong then wrote your post agreeing with me.
I'm confused...

zesilo
02-19-2017, 04:37 PM
We have no official word on if they plan to make the current system better. They claim after the system creates a certain amount of lobbies it will get better and have less errors but that is not the case yet.

trikster77
02-19-2017, 04:43 PM
P2P is the main issue with all these network problems. This will bite them hardcore if they ever want to make this game a Esport title. Looking at the game it has already been confirmed that there is an inherit network lag of 120ms and that is with all things being equal (same PC's same network) once there is differences in specs that number goes a lot higher. Also between players data transfer is only around 43hz average which when coupled with no dedicated host makes for interesting fights when one person is lagging and the other is not. Think multiple player battles where 3 different enemies are all sending data back and forth between you and them all with different pings back and forth all the while traffic is also being routed through an anti cheat and you can see there is a giant mess of network traffic going everywhere.

For instance in COD they network all the traffic to a dedicated host who handles everything as if he was a server. This of course is not perfect because the dedicated host gets a slight advantage but at least all the traffic is isolated to one point and not being thrown between 8 different players like a big cluster of transfers going every which way.

The best analogy I can think of with the way this game handles its networking is like the child hood game of telephone where one person whispers in another ear and he must pass it on.