PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to see how this game will survive?

Quinn1987
02-19-2017, 02:52 PM
It's like 5 days in, and I've already hit end game gear score.. Half of the enjoyment in games like this, is the thirst to improve your characters stats etc. Let's be honest, are a few new outfits enough to keep people playing the same content over and over?

I hope I'm wrong, as it's a brilliant game. But I already feel as though there's nothing left for me to aim for..

Zv1k0
02-19-2017, 02:54 PM
We need ranked ASAP. Thats when the real fighting begins.

Hackfraysn
02-19-2017, 03:02 PM
It's like 5 days in, and I've already hit end game gear score.. Half of the enjoyment in games like this, is the thirst to improve your characters stats etc. Let's be honest, are a few new outfits enough to keep people playing the same content over and over?

I hope I'm wrong, as it's a brilliant game. But I already feel as though there's nothing left for me to aim for..

Little content at launch, very little unlockables, lame costumes that cost absurd amounts of money, unfair matchmaking that makes new players quit in droves, new players get matched against prestige 3 enemies, wonky guardbreak mechanic, unequal blocking responsiveness across all characters (Raider, lawbringer, Shugoki have 3 times less responsiveness - this is actually mind blowing; how can you screw up on the most basic mechanics in the game?), potato2potato infrastructure which doesn't allow competitive play, crashes, bugs, Uplay client being as wonky as ever, invites are a hassle because there is no ingame invite, sometimes invites can't be accepted or simply don't work at all, lots of people can't group up due to Uplay being a nasty piece of manure, always online, lame campaign, dominion mode is basically whoever has the most potent gangbng train going wins...

I could go on but I think you got the point. This game wasn't ready for release. For Honor is one of the most promising new IP in years, even decades and Ubisoft still managed to screw up royally by picking the wrong infrastructure, failing to implement fair matchmaking and balancing guardbreaks and block responsiveness across all characters. The fundamental mechanics of this game have to be spot on, as well as the online infrastructure. Both aren't given, hence why this game will end up in an early grave.

Let's just hope somebody competent ressurects the gameplay and mechanics and makes this the proper game it should have been. My best bet's on Blizzard.

DemeDesu
02-19-2017, 03:12 PM

i feel the same i'm sitting at rep 5 and don't feel like theres anything rewarding enough to keep levelling up

Brave_Thunder
02-19-2017, 03:17 PM
This isn't an mmo.Gear is important in 4v4 modes,but the true focus of the game is to improve your skills,not to grind to get fancy cosmetics

Ryumanjisen
02-19-2017, 03:17 PM

This is not a game about improving your characters. In fact, stats practically doesn't have an impact.

This is a fighting game. This is a game about improving yourself, not your characters.

Xakonero
02-19-2017, 03:21 PM
One of the reasons i still doesnt bought the game, tha lack of content. The campaign, let me be honest, is an addition that isnt attractive in this game (I like that they did it, but its more like a excuse for sell the game for 60€, which is not worth right now), there is no ranked mode, at least not now. And the worst, there is no objetive.

I said it in the closed beta and open beta, if this game would have a real faction war and not this map with colours, that could encourage us to play, but they did a forgettable feature without a thing. Its sad, because the game is cool, but i dont see the game with a long time of live, will it be there until end of the year? I wish, but Im not sure.

Cyresnershull
02-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Little content at launch, very little unlockables, lame costumes that cost absurd amounts of money, unfair matchmaking that makes new players quit in droves, new players get matched against prestige 3 enemies, wonky guardbreak mechanic, unequal blocking responsiveness across all characters (Raider, lawbringer, Shugoki have 3 times less responsiveness - this is actually mind blowing; how can you screw up on the most basic mechanics in the game?), potato2potato infrastructure which doesn't allow competitive play, crashes, bugs, Uplay client being as wonky as ever, invites are a hassle because there is no ingame invite, sometimes invites can't be accepted or simply don't work at all, lots of people can't group up due to Uplay being a nasty piece of manure, always online, lame campaign, dominion mode is basically whoever has the most potent gangbng train going wins...

I could go on but I think you got the point. This game wasn't ready for release. For Honor is one of the most promising new IP in years, even decades and Ubisoft still managed to screw up royally by picking the wrong infrastructure, failing to implement fair matchmaking and balancing guardbreaks and block responsiveness across all characters. The fundamental mechanics of this game have to be spot on, as well as the online infrastructure. Both aren't given, hence why this game will end up in an early grave.

Let's just hope somebody competent ressurects the gameplay and mechanics and makes this the proper game it should have been. My best bet's on Blizzard.

I hope it's Bethesda. They seem to be able to maintain their games years after release. I like that.

Ubisoft........ wtf? How are you still in business; or better yet, why?

Jarhead_DNK
02-19-2017, 04:01 PM
I had hopes. But after 30 hours you come to realize how shallow this game really is. But then again it's Ubisoft. Never. Again

Lufury
02-19-2017, 04:12 PM

yep

CarnivalLaw
02-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Go outside and see the sun, FFS.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-19-2017, 04:35 PM

This is not an MMO. Its a third person fighting game. If gear and loot is the most important part for you go play WoW.

trikster77
02-19-2017, 05:04 PM

I agree but with out dedicated servers its a no go with the current network tech they use.

Drekle
02-19-2017, 05:12 PM

Yes. We need a point to play or a goal. We need ranked.

Gensui.Musashi
02-19-2017, 05:16 PM
well i agree that they have to add something different to the game.

GamerBucketXbox
02-19-2017, 05:31 PM
I remember when these same threads were made for games like.

Division
R6

Etc.

Quinn1987
02-19-2017, 11:27 PM
This is not an MMO. Its a third person fighting game. If gear and loot is the most important part for you go play WoW.

Fair enough.. It may not be an MMO. But do you really think after 30-50 hours play, that the 4 game modes we have are going to keep people coming back for more? .. The answer is no. Without ranked competition, I can see the user count struggling to get 20,000 after the first month.