PDA

View Full Version : Keep this game alive!

Magic.LFT
02-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Hey everyone!
When I am reading the forums I can see very clearly that the posts about esport are very fast down voted and the comments on the post are not happy about that idea.
In this post I want to clear up why making a game to a esport title isnít a bad thing and in fact will be the thing that keeps the game alive for much longer and if you rely like for honor I guess you would like the player count to grow.
So right now the game that keeps on growing are the competitive games and the games were people feel like if they invest a lot of time in the game they can start making money from it. I believe that the reason behind this is that a lot of people even me want to make money while doing something we love. I love for honor and I would die for be able to play this game for a living.
Look at rainbow six siege I donít think this game would keep on growing if they wouldnít have a competitive side.
Just because a game has a esport scene doesnít mean you need to be a hardcore gamer to play the game. You can still have casual players and the casual players are just as imported as the players that aim to be the best.
I will give 5 reasons why I think for honor have the potential to be an esport as long as the community show to the developers that this is what we want.

1. Just watching a fight in this game is magical. Whenever I die in this game I donít look at my phone I look at the screen and get even more engage in the epic fight I am watching.

2. Easy to play hard to master! In my opinion these 6 words are imported to any esport title.

3. For honor is built for epic moments. Just imagine 2 teams only 1 player alive for each team thousands of dollars in the price poll and an epic commentator on that. Thatís the moments this game was created for.

4. Its Ubisoft if any developers have the power and thee skill to make a game great its ubisoft. They are so creative in there way of making games and game modes.

5. The community even do as right now the for honor community doesnít show that much of an inters in a for honor as an esport this community is amazing and if we realize that to keep the game alive this is what needs to happened.

Here is 5 things ubisoft and the community needs to do to make this happened.
1. A good spectating system. CSGO has a very good and nice spectating camera white free camera movement and also first and third person perspective.

2. A better game mode I donít think any of these game modes are good enough to become an esport and thatís why I am happy that ubisoft are making the game they can easily fix an amazing game mode that suits esport.

3. Community needs to fix and host tournaments to show inters to ubisoft or ubisfot needs to host tournaments.

4. The community needs to show and want this to happened and as I wrote before if this game will stay alive for longer and the player count will grow this needs to happened but the community needs to show interest.

5. Good commentators for the tournaments if this game gets a tournament and some of those matches will have a commentator the commentator need to be good. Watching this game will be a hundred more fun and epic with a good commentator

Just to recap if we want this game to stay alive for much longer and the player count to rise esport is the next thing so please donít be so negative about for honor esport support it. Itís not the end of the casual player if for honor get more competitive.

Thanks for reading

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Never going to reach Esports until decent balance and mechanics are introduced I regret to say.

If they do manage do bring decent balance to the game I'd be all up for that

CaptainPwnet
02-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Never going to reach Esports until decent balance and mechanics are introduced I regret to say.

If they do manage do bring decent balance to the game I'd be all up for that

This, if this game is to have any chance it will need both character and mechanical balance. Right now this game is quite far from either. I'd love to see esports for this game and want the game to go for as long as possible. But as it is right now it's really not looking good, but I hold faith that ubisoft will adjust things. Probably pretty naive of me, but I love this game lol.

Magic.LFT
02-19-2017, 09:22 AM
I understand what you mean. But even do the game ain't perfect if you whant this game to become a esport title you need to show it to the developers. And buy time they can change the smaller things

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 09:28 AM
I understand what you mean. But even do the game ain't perfect if you whant this game to become a esport title you need to show it to the developers. And buy time they can change the smaller things

Problem is they are far from being small and have been detected in previous tests.

It has nothing to do with skill, if anything the true balance issues become more problematic at higher skill lvls, and tbh, less than a week from release the problems are far greater than I personally expected making this launch trully a disappointment a high lvl ELOs.

Clear small meta, with clear small move set meta with other input exploits in the mix that favor this little skill high reward gameplay over the high skill cap no mistake allowed gameplay needed to counter it using the rest of the char selection.

As a true fan and supporter of the game since 2015E3 this is honestly sad.

Magic.LFT
02-19-2017, 09:40 AM
I understand and the problems in this game are things that effect gameplay. But no game is perfect and if people just like you are saying that they whould like to se for honor as a esport you still need to support it.

I played a lot of rainbow six siege was dimond and played some ESL. There was a lot of problem in this game but the players looked past that for the greater good and that was a competitive esport. And I think we need to do that here to.

Look past all the problems and fight for what we whant for honor as an esport. Ubisoft will fix the problems just as they fixed some of the problems with siege

SerArthur-Dayne
02-19-2017, 09:45 AM
The game was super fun in beta... But the skill gap has hit a total brick wall up top, and kinda stops being as fun by a lot. The game seems a bit slower than in beta too.

Turtleing is pretty common because 2 players get so good at defense, that the game almost grinds to a halt when two good players clash. With this slowed gameplay brings with it another huge design problem. Due to these drawn out fights, most fights just end when another player joins one side of the fight. Because currently the meta is just to have one person continously GB while the other just heavy attacks them to death. Even if you do CBG all the grabs, the time that you are stuck in the animation means your getting walloped by heavys untill you get mob ganked to death. At lower levels of play the game was FARRRRRR more interesting when this wasnt the WIN tactic.

--GB needs a giant overhaul. They need to remove some of the environmental drops/pits. Now its just nuts that you cant farm kills as a lawbringer just launching people off the map. No need to EVER get good at combat.

--There needs to be a giant cooldown on GBing solo players as a group (5 seconds?), and possibly a very short number of invincibility frames added to the animation untill you have a chance to block it.

--There needs to be a MASSIVE increase in friendly fire damage, and also point deductions per friendly hit/killed. This will stop the meta being as stated above "Group gank by grabing evemy while the whole team just finger punch the R2 button, mashing through their own rteammates no problem". And will also add in a whole nother level of positioning tactics when fighting a group like would have been used IRL, so you try to position yourself to solo one enemy and use him to block other enemy attacks with good situational awareness. This will make this game a whole lot better.

This game has a ways to go, but I think by listening to some of the better players, and not the moaners, they can turn this into a game that will stand the test of time and gather players like R6:S.

Theres also a few characters with some cheeseball spammy moves, and some that are broken like shogokis double damage & unparryable attacks, and PK bleed not working etc... The two I named need a fix asap, but Id let the game acclimatise for a few weeks before smacking heroes with the nerf bat.

Magic.LFT
02-19-2017, 09:58 AM
I understand and I feel the same. There's a lot of problem right now and some big things needs to be changed.

But the thing I keep on pointing my fingers at is the reason that if people whant this game as an esport hey need to show it towards the developers. I hate all the problems with the game but if we whant this and I whant this to become an esport you still need to constantly remind developers that this is what we whant.

I could make a thread about all the problems in this game and that whould be a long *** thread but instead I make one for what I believe in and what I whant to achieve in this game. I look past all the pr and instead talk about something that will keep this game alive.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 10:03 AM
I understand and I feel the same. There's a lot of problem right now and some big things needs to be changed.

But the thing I keep on pointing my fingers at is the reason that if people whant this game as an esport hey need to show it towards the developers. I hate all the problems with the game but if we whant this and I whant this to become an esport you still need to constantly remind developers that this is what we whant.

I could make a thread about all the problems in this game and that whould be a long *** thread but instead I make one for what I believe in and what I whant to achieve in this game. I look past all the pr and instead talk about something that will keep this game alive.

Sorry buddy, but ignoring the obvious game breaking issues is never the solution.

As a fan that believes the basic idea is solid and capable of being balanced, I want decent and objective fixes to clear and obvious problems and to see the game reach a For Honor 2 sequel maybe in the Bronze Age, but I will never support it at the state it is currently, and with devs seemingly favoring the most popular classes and casual gameplays in ways that become exploitable in high ELO.

Love.Handle
02-19-2017, 10:05 AM
TBH I would never watch a tournament of for honor. I like to play the game....But its really just a few characters with very basic skill sets.

"he gets the guard break HE GETS THE HEAVY! HE GETS THE GUARD BREAK HE GETS THE HEAVY!!!" the crowd goes ****ING WILD!

The announcer kills him self later that day for pretending to be hype.

Rip.

CaptainPwnet
02-19-2017, 10:11 AM
The game was super fun in beta... But the skill gap has hit a total brick wall up top, and kinda stops being as fun by a lot. The game seems a bit slower than in beta too.

Turtleing is pretty common because 2 players get so good at defense, that the game almost grinds to a halt when two good players clash. With this slowed gameplay brings with it another huge design problem. Due to these drawn out fights, most fights just end when another player joins one side of the fight. Because currently the meta is just to have one person continously GB while the other just heavy attacks them to death. Even if you do CBG all the grabs, the time that you are stuck in the animation means your getting walloped by heavys untill you get mob ganked to death. At lower levels of play the game was FARRRRRR more interesting when this wasnt the WIN tactic.

--GB needs a giant overhaul. They need to remove some of the environmental drops/pits. Now its just nuts that you cant farm kills as a lawbringer just launching people off the map. No need to EVER get good at combat.

--There needs to be a giant cooldown on GBing solo players as a group (5 seconds?), and possibly a very short number of invincibility frames added to the animation untill you have a chance to block it.

--There needs to be a MASSIVE increase in friendly fire damage, and also point deductions per friendly hit/killed. This will stop the meta being as stated above "Group gank by grabing evemy while the whole team just finger punch the R2 button, mashing through their own rteammates no problem". And will also add in a whole nother level of positioning tactics when fighting a group like would have been used IRL, so you try to position yourself to solo one enemy and use him to block other enemy attacks with good situational awareness. This will make this game a whole lot better.

This game has a ways to go, but I think by listening to some of the better players, and not the moaners, they can turn this into a game that will stand the test of time and gather players like R6:S.

Theres also a few characters with some cheeseball spammy moves, and some that are broken like shogokis double damage & unparryable attacks, and PK bleed not working etc... The two I named need a fix asap, but Id let the game acclimatise for a few weeks before smacking heroes with the nerf bat.

Sorry, but you didn't actually touch on any of the actual problems of the game and the problems you mentioned aren't really pproblems. Your suggestions for improvements are also pretty bad. FF being the biggest thing they should NOT do.

The turtle meta is legit though and needs to be addresses.

Tyler-Durdin
02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Let the game die in pieces cos that's all we got for our hard earned money pieces of a game and those pieces at broken asf.
I am quite willing to take the $140 loss just to see the game die, its already a failure and I cant see any future e-sport, tournament or otherwise until broken stuff gets admitted by and addressed by Ubisoft the game has no future.

Love.Handle
02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
2. Hard to play easy to master! In my opinion these 6 words are imported to any esport title.

I fixed this for you. The game is very basic and super easy to learn everything after about 5 hours. The hard part is playing.

P2P?

=(

tonythatiger23
02-19-2017, 10:19 AM

everything mentioned above is on point. This game has so much potential, but don't get your hopes up. Ubisht probably wont overhaul much of anything. GB needs overhaul badly...should definitely have a cooldown!! They shoud've had that to begin with. It mad fun when youre fighting against "honorable" gamers who don't try the cheap tricks for ez wins and you can have a real intense fight to the death! I don't even mind losing in a good fight! Unfortunately the majority of players only care about winning and k/d etc and will try any cheap spamming tricks to do so. Everything you mentioned with their corresponding changes is on point. If only ubi sht would listen and take action. But you know what they say.... you can lead a horse to water...

SerArthur-Dayne
02-19-2017, 10:32 AM
Sorry, but you didn't actually touch on any of the actual problems of the game and the problems you mentioned aren't really pproblems. Your suggestions for improvements are also pretty bad. FF being the biggest thing they should NOT do.

The turtle meta is legit though and needs to be addresses.

Yeah its just my opinion though... And I believe its one of the biggest problems facing this game.

FF is the single biggest one they need right now because all Domination and 4v4 modes are ATM, is GB, throw, hit, GB, throw, hit, GB, throw... OR GB throw off cliff.... If your enemy is one of the only players in the entire game that can CGB, then its almost a turtle stalemate. When his/your teammate rock up, the META right now is nothing like the adds for the game, where one player stands off against three and skillfully parrys off attackers, whittling down enemies, and positioning himself to use his enemies number to his advantage.... NOPE

One player just GB's while the others just heavy attack, or mash attacks through eachother all within whispering distance of you, stunlocking you to death. 9 out of 10 fights turn into this, and there is no counter at all. im sure 10/10 fights will end up as this as people are learning quick.

Honestly man, How would you change the game so that this tactic isnt the meta? Have you got a better idea to replace mine, or do we just leave it like this untill people only play 1v1 modes or just leave...

I do love this game btw @OP, I even made a thread recently stating so, but I think they need to act super fast fixing some things to retain and grow the playerbase... Thats all I want to see, because ther eis an awesome game here.

DrExtrem
02-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Some mechanics are broken. Balance is ludicrous. Faster heroes rule the game. Blocking a light chain is a guessing game.

Esport? Yeah sure.

Especially with high level game play is dominated by turtle tactics. Staring contest ... interesting like watching paint dry.

atm, the game is only fun for fast players, with exceptional reflexes and reaction times. The rest of the gameplay revolves around who can press x faster.