PDA

View Full Version : Can we all stop.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Who cares if the game unbalanced right now ubi needs to fix there servers, every game i'm in people are getting disconnected i have just started playing the warden i have had 20 games on him never finish game because everyone gets disconnected and than i get disconnected.

I know i'm not the only one.

symbioter
02-19-2017, 08:25 AM
I do admit that when you are about to win a game but get D/ced more than 3/5 times in half hour, it is very off-putting.

why can't they get blizzards servers for this IP? i dont want it do die : (

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 08:32 AM
I finish most of my games. Maybe drop every 1 in 20.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Is it proven mass team rage quit won't force a server shutdown?

Also, from the data they gathered from tests, not having a Shame rage quit stat and allowing stat padding via being a scrub not only doesn't make any sense but also proves Ubi is not on their A game

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-19-2017, 08:46 AM
They should remove the quit button.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 08:50 AM
They should remove the quit button? Now that is just utter nonsense that will never happen in any online game. You should try to think up realistic solutions to what you see as a problem.

Drekle
02-19-2017, 08:58 AM
It's not about Ubisoft fixing their servers or balancing the classes. Its about Ubisoft not releasing a game if its in Alpha still.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-19-2017, 09:11 AM
They should remove the quit button? Now that is just utter nonsense that will never happen in any online game. You should try to think up realistic solutions to what you see as a problem.

It was a joke....

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 09:13 AM
It was a joke....

Ah, so I was supposed to get that from your facial expression and tone of voice and my personal knowledge of your personality...

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 09:15 AM
It was a joke....

Don't bother really, anyone that replies in such a manner doesn't deserve an answer.

I'll indulge however, realistic solutions that are widely accepted would be a shame stat for quitting, temporary ban from any and all online gamemodes, and being matchmaked with only other toxic rage quitters until X amount of gameplay time has passed reaching the counter cooldown that it self would have an exponential increment if such behavior continues to be abused.

Again, this is all pretty obvious and a good enough deterrent. Leaving things as is, is just ridiculous and seems only honest players get penalized and meta mechanic and pick exploiters benefit

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-19-2017, 09:28 AM
For real i think if you rage quit from a game you should get 50% less exp and steel it might help with all the rage quitting.

If you do it more than 5 times a game should get hit with a temp banned first offence 2 hour second offence 10 hours third offence 24 hours

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Don't bother really, anyone that replies in such a matter doesn't deserve an answer.

I'll indulge however, realistic solutions that are widely accepted would be a shame stat for quitting, temporary ban from any and all online gamemodes, and being matchmaked with only other toxic rage quitter until X amount of gameplay time has passed reaching the counter cooldown that it self would have an exponential increment if such behavior continues to be abused.

Again, this is all pretty obvious and a good enough deterrent. Leaving things as is, is just ridiculous and seems only honest players or meta mechanic and pick exploiters benefit
OK
So it was wrong of me to call out a ridiculous solution as ridiculous? Does that mean you think "removing the quit button" is a valid solution and not just an emotional response? Didn't even say rage quitting was a good thing did I? I have no problems with penalties for quitting, I've played several MOBAs which have them and they help.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 09:34 AM
I will say that I'd be really surprised if they don't add in some form of punishment when they add in ranked play.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 09:39 AM
OK
So it was wrong of me to call out a ridiculous solution as ridiculous? Does that mean you think "removing the quit button" is a valid solution and not just an emotional response? Didn't even say rage quitting was a good thing did I? I have no problems with penalties for quitting, I've played several MOBAs which have them and they help.

To be completely honest? Considering the short amount of time any game might reach?! It would be better not to have a quit button atm, than having this awful constant rage quitting. It would still happen because stats are left unaffected, but if it would tone it down even just a bit I'd be happy with it.

The quit button serves the occasional parent or person that needs to quickly leave because IRL calls. Still, if playing a ranked mode with stats, he should have a penalty for it or not choose to play against others unless he can end the match. As it stands it only favors tryhard scrubs and penalizes honest players. If you DC you will leave either way, with or without a quit button.

At the very least when using a quit button you should have a timer say 30 secs where if round ended by than your stats would translate to that result.

Imho, on top of all that I suggested, quitting should award you the worst loss possible, you'd have the total number of deaths as the number of remaining rounds and take the match loss, plus the temp ban penalties, decreased xp and rewards, quit shame stat and toxic lobbies.

There used to be a time where most players would strive to be correct and civil, valuing that over game stats. Then they could be trusted. That time has passed a long while ago.

But again, and to you're answer, as things are, having to choose between keeping them as is or removing the quit button, I'd have to say remove the quit button. By far the fairest option, even if it makes no sense to you

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 09:48 AM
OK well will literally never happen so you're just pissing in the wind with that one. Also think your punishments for non-ranked quitting is too harsh and will also never happen. Perhaps a timer to rejoin a pvp game. But, since there isn't a "competitive" mode yet, I doubt anything more than that. Once ranked and tournament drops, we should see more in the way of punishment, specifically give them a huge hit on their ranking and maybe a repeat offenders have to play only with other quitters for so many matches before rejoining the main player population again. A little quitter prison if you will.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 10:11 AM
OK well will literally never happen so you're just pissing in the wind with that one. Also think your punishments for non-ranked quitting is too harsh and will also never happen. Perhaps a timer to rejoin a pvp game. But, since there isn't a "competitive" mode yet, I doubt anything more than that. Once ranked and tournament drops, we should see more in the way of punishment, specifically give them a huge hit on their ranking and maybe a repeat offenders have to play only with other quitters for so many matches before rejoining the main player population again. A little quitter prison if you will.

I never said I'd advocate it. But if given an option between the 2 I'd support it. Anyway, you obviously understood the poster's point and still just bashed without adding to the discussion.

Don't see why they are harsh, it's obviously a toxic behavior that aims to exploit the game by padding stats, it's more than logic to penalize it disallowing the exploit and further deterring the behavior. You should not be forced to play a ranked match to have decent players to play against, nor wait through this cancer rage quitting until a ranked mode comes out.

Sorry to say, but I strongly disagree, shame and punish rage quitting tryhards to hell, they are the absolute definition of cancer in any gaming community and have killed many of them, their behavior if left unattended just contaminates and grows within the community until it implodes. Have seriously no issue with punishing these players, if anything any amount of punishment isn't good enough.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 10:21 AM
I hardly even notice when players leave or enter the game, so I guess I just don't see how someone else quitting hurts me. You get a bot, and the bots are okay, probably better than the person they replaced at least. You call them tryhards but clearly care a lot about stats yourself. If you didn't care about stats, then again, someone else quitting shouldn't bother you. Now I will grant that it is annoying when the host quits and potentially crashes a game, but that is more an issue with the decision to have peer to peer instead of an issue with the quitter themselves. I guess if it's not ranked then I don't care but that might just be me having played too much Rocket League where quitting only matters in ranked.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 10:27 AM
I hardly even notice when players leave or enter the game, so I guess I just don't see how someone else quitting hurts me. You get a bot, and the bots are okay, probably better than the person they replaced at least. You call them tryhards but clearly care a lot about stats yourself. If you didn't care about stats, then again, someone else quitting shouldn't bother you. Now I will grant that it is annoying when the host quits and potentially crashes a game, but that is more an issue with the decision to have peer to peer instead of an issue with the quitter themselves. I guess if it's not ranked then I don't care but that might just be me having played too much Rocket League where quitting only matters in ranked.

Lmao. If I did I would rage quit myself.

Pretty hard not to notice when you only play duel modes, which is my case. And I don't actually care about stats as much as I care about fair and honest built it mechanics, clearly not the case here.
So since they are stats, I resent that honest players may have worse stats than rage quitting when they choose to be fair and correct with others. Does this make sense to you? Pretty obvious to me

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 10:40 AM
I rarely play duels. Just for dailies. Mostly play dominion matches. I suppose I could see how in a duel having your opponent drop out could be annoying, especially since duels last a few minutes. I see your point now that we are on the same page on which matches are being played. Lol

KindMan2236
02-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Well I think you'd need to fix isues with the game in general before you think about punishing rage quitters and generally I'm against it anyway, simply because there are so many situations where someone may need to leave a game. We all play games for a source of entertainment, not for the entertainment of another person, to demand someone stay in a game simply for your leisure and your entertainment is selfish and honestly entitled, no one owes you their time and if someone isn't enjoying themselves, be it they're getting frustrated or there is something they need to go and do then I'm understanding I'm not going to demand someone stay knowing full well it isn't an enjoyable experience for them anymore.

One thing I like about this game is that someone can leave but someone can also join a game midgame, and even though yes having someone leave is frustrating it's wrong for you to assume that they should stay disregarding their best interests.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Well I think you'd need to fix isues with the game in general before you think about punishing rage quitters and generally I'm against it anyway, simply because there are so many situations where someone may need to leave a game. We all play games for a source of entertainment, not for the entertainment of another person, to demand someone stay in a game simply for your leisure and your entertainment is selfish and honestly entitled, no one owes you their time and if someone isn't enjoying themselves, be it they're getting frustrated or there is something they need to go and do then I'm understanding I'm not going to demand someone stay knowing full well it isn't an enjoyable experience for them anymore.

One thing I like about this game is that someone can leave but someone can also join a game midgame, and even though yes having someone leave is frustrating it's wrong for you to assume that they should stay disregarding their best interests.

wth?! You are out of your mind.

Sure, no one owes me their time, not anymore than I owe them mine. But we do owe each other the common courtesy of being respectful of one another and each others time.

So if you're for example getting into a ranked match of any game with me on your team, you sure as hell better have the decency of not leaving your team one man down just because you felt like it. No one forced you to queue for the match to start with. Same goes when playing against me, it would only be right of you, or anyone else for that matter, to play the game to the end, and not only the matches you are winning. FFS, this millennial mentality is honestly mindboggling, baffling really.

Used to be that players had fun playing, nowadays players only have fun winning. Many can find a glitch and exploit it to hell, spend hours doing the same thing over and over, and as long as their farming stats or gear their more than happy with it.
Omg #bringbackthegoodolddays ffs

KindMan2236
02-19-2017, 12:13 PM
wth?! You are out of your mind.

Sure, no one owes me their time, not anymore than I owe them mine. But we do owe each other the common courtesy of being respectful of one another and each others time.

So if you're for example getting into a ranked match of any game with me on your team, you sure as hell better have the decency of not leaving your team one man down just because you felt like it. No one forced you to queue for the match to start with. Same goes when playing against me, it would only be right of you, or anyone else for that matter, to play the game to the end, and not only the matches you are winning. FFS, this millennial mentality is honestly mindboggling, baffling really.

Used to be that players had fun playing, nowadays players only have fun winning. Many can find a glitch and exploit it to hell, spend hours doing the same thing over and over, and as long as their farming stats or gear their more than happy with it.
Omg #bringbackthegoodolddays ffs

No, common courtesy..? When were you obliged to my courtesy or my time, you're not entiled to either. I don't know if you know this but someones time is earned it's not a contractial agreement everyone has before entering a game. I play purely for myself and me alone no one else, I put my own entertainment above yours and above anyone elses for that matter, it's not healthy nor is it okay to get frustrated that's when I tend to draw the line and tell myself that I'm not enjoying this task anymore and therefore I should distance myself from it and find something more entertaining.

I don't compete out of the necessity of money or fame or any of those things I do it purely for fun, I have friends I like to play with and if we choose to compete we do it because that's how we enjoy playing the game. I'm not a "millenial" either and being a "millenial" has nothing to do with anything, way to label people based on the generation they were born into. Your arguement is a non sequitur anyway, after all you play in duel you have a rather nuanced and skewered way of how the game functions seeming you probably never do anything but 1v1 people. I can tell you as someone who entirely plays 4v4's I don't mind if people leave because I know someone will take their place.

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 12:27 PM
buddy, didn't even read

keep on being entitled and acting like the kid you come across as being.

Plays online games, has no respect or consideration for anyone. Still thinks he's right? Check check

You are a true example for everyone. Keep it up! /s

The_B0G_
02-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Who cares if the game unbalanced right now ubi needs to fix there servers, every game i'm in people are getting disconnected i have just started playing the warden i have had 20 games on him never finish game because everyone gets disconnected and than i get disconnected.

I know i'm not the only one.

Updates take money for consoles, so why not offer as much info as we can for fixes? There won't be updates every month for this game.