PDA

View Full Version : High Rep Matchmaking Problem

cstratus
02-19-2017, 08:11 AM
I'm a 6th rep gearlevel 108 nobushi player and I have a problem with matchmaking.

As much as I love enjoy dominating games it is hell for lower rank players. Many players have harassed me through psn messages because it of the gear advantage I have.

Something needs to be fixed. I shouldn't be matched with a team without someone on the other team being rep 1 or higher with a blue gear score. My stats alone put them at a huge disadvantage to the point where I am able to 1v4 an entire team with ease.

I feel like this is also a reason why many people have complained about certain caracters being "OP". I've heard the stats are only supposed to give a very small increase overall but this does not seem true.

What is everyone's take on this? I'm sure there are some high rep players that would have the same issue and lower rank players that are tires of getting matched into unbalanced games.

edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2EO6Bqk-lI

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 08:19 AM
You are completely right and then some. My take on it?

Mechanic and balance issues were obvious in the test for both game modes that use gear stats and those that don't. Nothing was done about it.

Pretty obvious fixes are needed and ppl didn't do their jobs compromising the game's release and risking it's thought to be great future.

Problems need solving asap, ppl need firing, balance needs to come to the game

Pillowseller
02-19-2017, 08:23 AM
Balancing players on their gear level is impossible... because this game matches players before the players decide which hero to use!

Seriously, we should be allowed to decide hero and setup (and the territory to spend assets on) before finding the games, Takes less time to get in the games for sure. Then we can start talking about this issue,

AndyC001
02-19-2017, 08:27 AM
No offense, but they're probably just harassing you because you're 6th reputation when the game just came out Tuesday.

But I agree with the matchmaking. I've already made a thread complaining about it as well.

cstratus
02-19-2017, 08:30 AM
No offense, but they're probably just harassing you because you're 6th reputation when the game just came out Tuesday.

But I agree with the matchmaking. I've already made a thread complaining about it as well.

No offense taken. I'm looking through some recorded footage to find some examples of it. I would much rather fight people near my level than lower ranks

Delectable_Sin
02-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Lol, I do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better with no gear, than my level 60+ set ups. People just let gear get in their heads, when in fact, the stock set up is the best in the game.

Want more damage? You're either sacrificing your own damage resistance, or you're constantly running out of stamina. Either way, a stock player doesn't have any down sides, despite dealing massive damage to you, or just dumping you on your head and killing you before you can even get up.

Want more exhaustion recovery? Well, if you sacrifice your debuff resistance, you'll have no hit recovery at all, and have a massive delay inbetween actions, where you can't move, dodge, or block.

Gear is a facade in this game. There are like 2 viable set ups that involved only running 50% gear, and 50% stock.

Quinn1987
02-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Lol, I do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better with no gear, than my level 60+ set ups. People just let gear get in their heads, when in fact, the stock set up is the best in the game.

Want more damage? You're either sacrificing your own damage resistance, or you're constantly running out of stamina. Either way, a stock player doesn't have any down sides, despite dealing massive damage to you, or just dumping you on your head and killing you before you can even get up.

Want more exhaustion recovery? Well, if you sacrifice your debuff resistance, you'll have no hit recovery at all, and have a massive delay inbetween actions, where you can't move, dodge, or block.

Gear is a facade in this game. There are like 2 viable set ups that involved only running 50% gear, and 50% stock.

Wait till you get a full set of heroic gear. It's literally like cheating lol.

Delectable_Sin
02-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Wait till you get a full set of heroic gear. It's literally like cheating lol.

Okay I just looked up the heroic gear and you're totally right, lol.

cstratus
02-19-2017, 08:46 AM

I'm not sure I agree with this though if it works for you I respect it. I have definitely lost to lower geared players but in my opinion there's still a clear advantage with gear.

Love.Handle
02-19-2017, 08:54 AM
The easy answer is this... You are prestige 6 with 108 gear....If the game tried to match you with people of the same level you would never be able to play because there are very few...

If you want them to make a change then you better find a different game to play while people catch up...

In the meantime there is really nothing they can do. Do you want to wait 1 hour for a game or a minute?

Reality crits for 9001.

cstratus
02-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Here is an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2EO6Bqk-lI