PDA

View Full Version : Pits, pushing etc etc

Ockt
02-19-2017, 04:16 AM
Earth to UBISOFT.... Nearly every fighting game removed ring outs or cheap ways to kill with a simple push for a reason... MOST ****ing hate it and cheap ways to overcome a loss... Did you do literally any research?

See games like smash brothers have lots of air moves etc and ways to counter a ring out, soul calibur has heros with more than 3 combos (seriously ubi the hilariously low striking combos is embarrassing) and ways to quickly and swiftly counter it...

What you have done is make a game with lots of inexplicable pits that no sane person would put in a castle or fort and if someone stumbles into you its a good chance you will fall down a oddly intentionally placed pit that any person with sense will facepalm at, the fact that there is even a pit there or a wall built with a random gap is hilarious in any sense, its just bad map design. Capture this point with weirdly 4 pits on each side of this random courtyard.. lol wut.

So when your game causes frustration rather than joy, I guarantee it will die quickly... just as 2 months from now this game will be basically dead.... Mark these words. You done fcked up.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 04:39 AM
Would like to point out that the only way to win in Smash bros is to ring out all you're opponents. So it's a game completely about getting ring outs. Castles have moats. So there is some precedent for having places to fall down. A lot of ledges also seem to be broken areas, caused by disrepair or battle damage, which isn't hard to believe either. It is also a fictional setting so having pits and traps inside the castles fits even if those features weren't in real world castles. Sorry you don't enjoy throwing people down pits or off ledges.

Ephemiel
02-19-2017, 04:44 AM
In Smash, the point IS to ring out your opponents. Also, there's "meteor moves" that completely remove the opponent's ability to use any skill to save themselves.

BadgerBadger25
02-19-2017, 04:53 AM
But then I couldn't do this http://imgur.com/uChub02

getatme94
02-19-2017, 04:56 AM
this has to be a joke " seriously ubi? only 3 combos per fighter??" news flash bud, this isn't a FIGHTER, it's a brawler at best, which tend to be super simple anyways. anyone looking for TEKKEN or mortal kombat style combos, doesn't need to be playing this game.

Allyrion8
02-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Smash is horrible to compare to. As others have said, ring out is the whole goal in smash, but also many of the maps have one shot obstacles.

This game also isn't only a fighting game. It has those elements but it has a little more realism where people don't let you stand there and hit them.

Interestingly it is more similar to Smash in that regard where timing and feinting is more important than combo chains.

For the one shots, I think it fits that the environment can be hazardous since this is a game about war. I don't like that some duel areas have extremely limited space where there's no nearby ledge.

I share that complaint only where fights naturally become a grabfest or you run to a small corner which removes all the fun of position and approach due to the lack of space. Otherwise ledges are fine when falling by one isn't because it was only space to fight.

lsis-chan
02-19-2017, 05:05 AM
"So when your game causes frustration rather than joy"
The Darksouls series should've died a long time ago according to your incredibly unintelligent statement.
Just because you're awful at adapting to maps and can't seem to improve your situational awareness doesn't mean the game's developers have done anything wrong, it just means that you suck and you're angry about it.

I do agree with you about some nonsensical placement of pitfalls and traps, but I still think that it's incredibly easy to avoid getting thrown into said pit traps. Once you play the game a bit more, you'll develop a playstyle to counter each different classes' ability to throw others off of cliffs. That's what I've done anyways.