PDA

View Full Version : Questioning the Season Pass Content

Hammelsneid
02-19-2017, 03:04 AM
Just a question to avoid misunderstandings:

We (the season pass buyers) get for this pass only the chance to play 7 days exclusively before non season pass players, and have to buy them for 500 steel as the rest of all players? So even if we get those heroes for free, those are 3000 steel. That*s not even the 5 Euros package.. and the premium status for 30 days and unspectacular sunshine effects.. i dont know.. well, I guess I should have spent those 20+ Euros in steel, because for more than 25k steel I could buy all these or some of the super expensive costumes for the effects or headgear.

Dont get me wrong, I love the game, but after realizing, that there is this greedy microtransaction money machine thingie implemented, I was pi**ed right from the start. But now realizing, that I payed a lot more money to get "7 days" early access, and still would have to pay an immense amount of real money, to get some nice things for my one (!) hero.. it grinds my gears a bit. Not even maps or other content is bound to that pass, maps for free for all, heroes after 7 days free for all. If I am right about the content, this may be the worst season pass in the history of games imo.

Can't we get anything meaningful, special finisher, costume packs, or whatever to make the seasonpass not one of the recents big money traps, we stepped in? I really play a lot at the moment, but those costumes and other stuff are ridiculously expensive to buy them with in game earned steel.

This business really has nothing to do with "honorable" anymore..

Thanks for your opinions, greetings,
cYbarrY

PS: Sorry for editing, but I like to add that I am a very passionate player and I am willing to pay good money for a good product. But there are limits! Other games are there with this kind of ingame shop, BUT those games are F2P and dont cost more than 70 freakin Euros right off the start. And thats with a 20% discount already included! You (Ubisoft) can't be serious only to support the "wallet warriors". The majority of players arent that rich and rich seems exactly what you need to be to fully enjoy a fullprice title nowadays.. I am really upset, really.

Timbo1978_hd
02-19-2017, 03:10 AM
I just read all DLC is free. And this was after getting the gold edition. All I'm going to say is this. **** you Ubisoft. From now on I'm buying your games off the used shelf you greedy ****s. Never again.

UbiNoty
02-19-2017, 03:13 AM
Hi cYbarrY - let me try to help clarify this. If you are a season pass holder, you will automatically receive all the new DLC heroes without having to unlock them with steel. You also get the the exclusive sunbeam emote, an exclusive emblem, 3 scavenger crates, and 30 day champion status.

Timbo1978_hd
02-19-2017, 03:22 AM
Thanks Ubi. That's a fricken bargain for $40. Either way I'm returning this gold edition. I will never pay full price for your games again.

Hammelsneid
02-19-2017, 03:24 AM
Thanks for you answer Ubinoty,

could you please translate those items into ingame steel or even Euros please? I really don't see here much of the usual content of a so calles season pass.. You can't be serious to call three emblems and some annoying shining when I cheer justified content of a season pass. As I wrote, the 7 days early access are really the only thing I think that's worth to be "side-goodie" to the real content we bought with the season pass. But to call this and some thingies around it the main attraction for the season pass.. you can't be serious. And 3k steel for 6 heroes is the least evil I could pay with ingame steel.

Edit: Are there maybe more season pass advantages each ingame season for us? Maybe a steel bosst or some free constumes? Anything to make it worth the money? It can't be, that I own the biggest edition of the game and still have to pay the full price multiple times to unlock some headgear. And please don't tell me I can earn that money ingame.. I play since release straight, bought nothing and cant even afford one (!) mythic costume.. and I win alot.

BaneOfTheLegions
02-19-2017, 04:08 AM
Well, did they say that the new hero's were only going to cost 500s anywhere? I assumed 1500-2000 atleast, cause I'm sure they for saw this occurring and there would be no drive to buy the pass unless the new heroes where pretty costly, (atleast more combined or equal to the portion of the pass that pertains to the heroes, minus the effects and whatnot)

CuD_
02-19-2017, 04:28 AM
I would like an extension on my 30 days champion status because of what I consider to be an unplayable release product.

Understanding you can change a game between beta and release, I didn't expect such a drastic change(block responsiveness nerf on many heroes for example, new BUGGY heroes being introduced without proper testing for another example)

I ppayed good money to get the gold edition, and right now I am extremely disappointed. The least you guys could do is extend our champion status after you patch the game back to its former glory.

Hammelsneid
02-19-2017, 11:49 AM
@BaneOfTheLegions: Good point, I thought I read somewhere 500 steel, but can`t find it anymore. Maybe I just assumed that after my disappointment. But let*s be honest, even if the new heroes will be expensive like hell (similar to the mythic outfits): still everyone is able to play them for free and just if they want to unlock the last 5% of the (gear and looks customization), then they will have to pay - maybe 15k per hero. Will we really play the 6 new heroes that intensive, that we want to gear them up or change their looks? Most players only got time for intensive playing one or max two heroes to level them up and get good with in an acceptable time - but still: even if you dont buy them you are able to level them up to access all main features. Buying them is just for the looks, heck.

It looks to me like "The Division"-Season Pass Content, but this time it's free for all without a little bit of bling bling, I can equip to my agent. I bought the The Division season pass to be able to even access the new content, because as I did not own it, I couldn't even take a look at the Underground or Survival mode..

Or maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the fact that we payed almost 100 Euros for a freakin expensive F2P model right now.. and I'm overreacting. The system in For Honor just feels like one of those ridiculous mobile games at the moment, where I need to pay hundrets of dollars to even get the full content.

Just my thoghts, no offense,
greetings cYbarrY

neogeo___
02-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Thanks Ubi. That's a fricken bargain for $40. Either way I'm returning this gold edition. I will never pay full price for your games again.

If the game is still healthy and alive when the DLC actually come.

They have a lot of work to do to make this so

TestO...
02-19-2017, 12:15 PM
well i have season pass and now i kinda regret it, could add 10 more euros and buy 65k of steel.. instead, i will get 'new DLC heroes without having to unlock them with steel. You also get the the exclusive sunbeam emote, an exclusive emblem, 3 scavenger crates, and 30 day champion status', im guessing this new dlc heroes are going to cost 15k of steel, 3 scavenger crates LOL, sunbeam emote that produces most annoying sound ever made, exclusive emblem LOL, and 30 day champ status which gives you 25 % boost..totally worth 40 euros, not..not to be mistaken but i love how dlc-s and stuff are free but season pass holders deserve much more..

Hammelsneid
02-19-2017, 12:29 PM
@AMZLiWaRbOrN: I agree with you.

This season pass feels like level B a "fashion pass", to get the A class fashion, we would have to pay 150.000 steel more, wich is an insane amount of extra real money. It's just plain wrong, that this game shop concept to fully enjoy the content of the game is a) just designed for wallet warriors and b) to get as as much money out of those wallet warriors, who are used to pay several hundrets of buck for a full price game and dont care about such a meaningless thing like "money". Well, I and hundret of thousands other people DO. And what I see from those just for wallet warriors designed games (wich do not cost 100 bucks to start with): once these rich guys are bored, they will leave and the game will die, because the non-wallet warriors are not willing or able to close this money gap. I know, that most F2P titles only have a chance to survive on the market because of those multi-millionaires.

It's a shame, that such a beatuiful and great to play game needs to rely on this concept. But, and thats just a vague assumption, its beauty and good playability ist the main reason to turn it into such a money sink.

MagicElmo
02-19-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't get this.
Ubisoft did say pretty much from the start what the Season Pass is going to contain and that all future content is free.
Funny enough, they actually talked more about the season pass content than about the game often enough.
It's not so hard to inform yourselves beforehand and then decide if you want to buy it or not.

Pottross
02-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Hi cYbarrY - let me try to help clarify this. If you are a season pass holder, you will automatically receive all the new DLC heroes without having to unlock them with steel. You also get the the exclusive sunbeam emote, an exclusive emblem, 3 scavenger crates, and 30 day champion status.

Repeating my own question from another subforum:
"Maybe someone can answer my question regarding Season Pass: Will the extra characters and elite outfits already be unlocked once they are released, or will they have to be purchased/unlocked via ingame currency when they arrive? Trying to assess the actual value of the Season Pass, of course...

Would be glad, if anyone could clarify :)"

I have now already figured out, that the new heroes will be free, without having to purchase them. But what about their elite outfits? Will those also be included without paying extra ingame steel?

GayForShugoki
02-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Repeating my own question from another subforum:
"Maybe someone can answer my question regarding Season Pass: Will the extra characters and elite outfits already be unlocked once they are released, or will they have to be purchased/unlocked via ingame currency when they arrive? Trying to assess the actual value of the Season Pass, of course...

Would be glad, if anyone could clarify :)"

I have now already figured out, that the new heroes will be free, without having to purchase them. But what about their elite outfits? Will those also be included without paying extra ingame steel?

It says that you get 6 outfits (one for each hero) unlocked. So they're free.

https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000026224/For-Honor-Season-Pass-Breakdown-FH-PC-XB1-PS4

DrExtrem
02-19-2017, 01:20 PM
The new operatives in r6 siege cost whole lot of currency.

I think it was around 25k ... Normal operator's on already cost 500-2000.

I guess, that it will be comparable in for honor.

Hangster_96
02-19-2017, 01:28 PM

Community Rep

^^^

Pretty bad if I had to say it myself
As a Community Rep, why don't you go to Ubisoft and tell them to get an actual Server for all their Multiplayers game? That way it would solve the whole crisis of this community welfare of why match making is so bad

Like this isn't even a joke, this stupid peers to peers been the biggest issue to why match making is so god damn hard

Peers to Peers is allowing people with "ACTUAL" trash internet to host game and causing game to crash and kicking everyone out of the game

Hammelsneid
02-19-2017, 02:18 PM
I don't get this.
Ubisoft did say pretty much from the start what the Season Pass is going to contain and that all future content is free.
Funny enough, they actually talked more about the season pass content than about the game often enough.
It's not so hard to inform yourselves beforehand and then decide if you want to buy it or not.

Well, I have to agree with you, that Ubisoft did say that everything is for free for everyone. Maybe I did not dig down far enough, because the whole "microtransaction you have to pay lot more than base game plus season pass if you want to have more than just the basic goodies" was not mentioned that way until I started the first time the final product. The season pass incuded at preorders seemed to me until now kind of a all in one I don't have to expect much more costs package, but compared to what we do not get with it, and never will be able to get without spending another huge amount of money, it just feels wrong in my eyes. Yes, I admit, that I might have been a little bit blue-eyed and naive, but I really didn't expect that the season pass is just a drop onto a hot stone regarding the content we are able to get. I cleared ever single order since release, and it would take several weeks to even get close to buy one of the three 45k packs. And that if I don't buy any finisher, headgear or emote whatsoever. Somebody gets my point?

I am really thankful for this game, I love it, and I will play it. I do not want get everything for free or without effort, but that does not justify 50 Euros for 4 of 12 so called "costumes"... or am I wrong?

kanuzira
02-19-2017, 02:48 PM
What i would suggest is that they follow the rainbow 6 model and make the dlc characters like 15k like the mythic outfits. is seems kind of a **** move to make them 500 and if this really happens the playerbase will get mad since you screw them over bigtime.

Pottross
02-19-2017, 03:06 PM
It says that you get 6 outfits (one for each hero) unlocked. So they're free.

https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000026224/For-Honor-Season-Pass-Breakdown-FH-PC-XB1-PS4

Maybe I am lacking skills in the reading comprehension department, but nowhere on the linked page does it say they would come unlocked.

What it says is:
"The contents of the For Honor Season Pass have been revealed! Letís take a look at what it includes:

Six new Heroes: These will be released in batches of two at the beginning of each new season of the Faction War. Season Pass owners will have access to these Heroes seven days before they are available to all players. After the Season Pass early access period, these Heroes can be unlocked with Steel, For Honorís in-game currency that can be earned by completing matches and in-game challenges. (This contradicts the information given by the mod before?)
Six elite outfits to customize the new heroes. (No information on being unlocked or purchaseable for steel?)
Exclusive sunbeam effect on emotes for all Heroes.
Three exclusive emblem outlines.
Three scavenger crates that unlock additional gear.
30-Day Champion Status: Gives XP boosts to you and your friends, as well as more XP from crafting and more loot at the end of matches."

I would be pretty clear about what was actually included in the season pass, if there wasn't an additional and easily exploitable paywall in place... That's why I am asking for solid info on this except this cryptic advertising with conflicting information everywhere.

vAshes2Ashesv
02-19-2017, 06:31 PM

So, basically, we're getting what everyone else will get, Heros unlocked a few days early and for free, yet they might be worth 500 steel to everyone else?
Also, we get the sunbeam emote (fine), an exclusive emblem(don't know if I even have this yet), 3 scavenger crates(don't have these yet at all) and 30 day champion status(which I DO NOT have)

So tell me, Noty, what exactly is the point in the Season Pass considering I (among other people) haven't even received what was advertised? Not to mention the 6 heros maybe priced around 500-1000 steel per, but we aren't getting anything else, no story content, no exclusive maps, no extra scavenger crates per week or month, etc. Nope. Just heros that everyone else will receive at one point or another. Cool. Yeah. Sound.

BaneOfTheLegions
02-20-2017, 07:02 AM
@BaneOfTheLegions: Good point, I thought I read somewhere 500 steel, but can`t find it anymore. Maybe I just assumed that after my disappointment. But let*s be honest, even if the new heroes will be expensive like hell (similar to the mythic outfits): still everyone is able to play them for free and just if they want to unlock the last 5% of the (gear and looks customization), then they will have to pay - maybe 15k per hero. Will we really play the 6 new heroes that intensive, that we want to gear them up or change their looks? Most players only got time for intensive playing one or max two heroes to level them up and get good with in an acceptable time - but still: even if you dont buy them you are able to level them up to access all main features. Buying them is just for the looks, heck.

It looks to me like "The Division"-Season Pass Content, but this time it's free for all without a little bit of bling bling, I can equip to my agent. I bought the The Division season pass to be able to even access the new content, because as I did not own it, I couldn't even take a look at the Underground or Survival mode..

Or maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the fact that we payed almost 100 Euros for a freakin expensive F2P model right now.. and I'm overreacting. The system in For Honor just feels like one of those ridiculous mobile games at the moment, where I need to pay hundrets of dollars to even get the full content.

Just my thoghts, no offense,
greetings cYbarrY

Well I'm just addressing the $ Value that was spoken of. I doubt they were that incompetent to make the heroes cheap to where it would be cheaper to just buy Steel and purchase them all over buying the Season Pass.
I personally didn't buy the pass cause I agree that it really doesn't seem worth it other then the instant unlocks, which isn't worth 40$ alone IMO

TR3Y_GEE
02-20-2017, 07:16 AM
I also regret getting the gold edition, I pay 40 DOLLARS EXTRA for things not even worth 5 dollars in my opinion, funny part is, I still never got my extra content because you guys said that youre working on it, its been almost a damn week and I still haven't got my 40 bucks worthless stuff, just very disappointing and sad to say that you guys are just horrible at doing and fixing things and don't even get me started on how many times I get kicked out of game in the middle of it. worst game team i've ever seen. just a bunch of greedy people that don't know what they are doing.
I'm never buying a ubisoft game no matter how good the game is. you guys have robbed and fooled too many people.

ChaChaCharms
02-20-2017, 08:51 PM

So we don't get all heroes unlocked with premium, just the new ones that come out? Or is this just another bug for console where I don't have my champ status and scavenger crates?

Zerxis001
02-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Just new heros unlocked. The current ones you have to unlock like everyone else because the season pass benefits cover future content not present with a few exceptions - the scavenger crates, sunbeam, 30 day champ etc which were available now.

Silver_Sage
02-20-2017, 10:17 PM
well just to keep it short... the gold edition leaves you wanting... and that does not shine a good light on the marketing dept... that said the game is good... needs more work like everything does.

darksavior1977
02-20-2017, 10:21 PM
The pass also gives elite outfits for all 6 new heroes which are like 7k a piece, so 42k steel there. 6 heroes X 500 steel is another 3k. Sunbeam emote for all heroes, when that stuff is like 5k per hero using darkness emote as an example, is another 90k. <---that alone is enough steel to be on par with the $99.99 steel pack and I haven't calculated the emblem, 30 days champion status, or another 1500 for 3 scavenger crates. Sounds like a more than fair deal if you just compare it to steel shopping.

As for not getting all heroes unlocked, do the practice and advanced practice and you can unlock them with all that steel those give, they handed that out to everyone already.

Lufury
02-20-2017, 10:23 PM

it was on the webside (the including stuff of the pass) and you did not have to buy it. Dont get it. Would probably have bought it just for the Sunbeam

Hammelsneid
02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
The pass also gives elite outfits for all 6 new heroes which are like 7k a piece, so 42k steel there. 6 heroes X 500 steel is another 3k. Sunbeam emote for all heroes, when that stuff is like 5k per hero using darkness emote as an example, is another 90k. <---that alone is enough steel to be on par with the $99.99 steel pack and I haven't calculated the emblem, 30 days champion status, or another 1500 for 3 scavenger crates. Sounds like a more than fair deal if you just compare it to steel shopping.

As for not getting all heroes unlocked, do the practice and advanced practice and you can unlock them with all that steel those give, they handed that out to everyone already.

If you put it that way, it sounds, well, "ok"... But it seems you feel pretty comfortable with that whole steel thing and see it as a justified equivalent to real money, regardless, what you actually are getting for it. The main thing I wanted to mention is, that if you translate this steel into real money (what you did) and then compare it to what you actually get.. well, I just don't want to "eat or die", "accept it or get lost", I just think that e.g. 15 Euros (~ 16 USD) are not an reasonable price for 3 symbols, a color pattern, a background pattern, a lightning effect, wich looks like fresh out of MS Paint, and a (the only thing I think is nice about it) a head ornament. And that's 1 mythic costume.. you just can not say, when you get this for free, you got something "worth" 15 bucks, or am I wrong? The let you think, you got something worth 15 bucks, because they say that the steel is such a "valuable" currency..

I know: "you can get it for free, if you play enough", "you dont have to buy it, if you dont want it" ... the thing is: some of us paid freakin 100 bucks for a so called triple A game, whose all in all content is WAY NOT comparable with other triple A games, wich cost 100 bucks, too, and offer another huge amount of content through the included season pass.That alone would be ok, I LOVE the gameplay and graphics, and i would LOVE to spent more money (like I did with the season pass), but what I get for that "more money".. well, it just does not feel right, it's a joke compared to what you get in other games (even other UBISOFT games). Like I said, the so called shop feels like in a mobile game. And we dont even get servers from them, wich many F2P mobile games have.

But, I think I am just old school, I am like the 90 yrs old neighbour, who will never accept the young people running around half naked in public and having fun. I just can't live with price models like this, wich (in my eyes) are only designed to sqeeze every single player for money (those who are willing to let it happen). I saw this coming for years, and my prayers seemed to be unheard..