PDA

View Full Version : For Warden

Varicose_Veins
02-19-2017, 01:01 AM
It will be a travesty if this next patch comes out without addressing the issue of the Warden's shoulder-bash and vortex.

MrForz
02-19-2017, 01:06 AM
You meant tragedy, right?

Anyways, if counter-guardbreaking becomes easier to perform, you'll be able to get him off your face on the first combo attempt.

MangoUnclaimed
02-19-2017, 01:14 AM
You meant tragedy, right?

Anyways, if counter-guardbreaking becomes easier to perform, you'll be able to get him off your face on the first combo attempt.

No, I think he means travesty. And no, you won't, because you'll still need to be able to guess which of the moves he'll do - if you dodge the bash and it ends in the GB, it can't be countered.

Varicose_Veins
02-19-2017, 01:21 AM
No, I think he means travesty. And no, you won't, because you'll still need to be able to guess which of the moves he'll do - if you dodge the bash and it ends in the GB, it can't be countered.

Exactly. It's so obvious it needs tweaking.

MrForz
02-19-2017, 01:27 AM

Then... perform a dodge and counter-GB when it obviously turns into a GB? I mean... am I missing something?

Varicose_Veins
02-19-2017, 01:29 AM
This video, added to YouTube 2 days ago, explains the issue.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYbmqpFEoEo

It really needs fixing ASAP.

Te_Wheke
02-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Then... perform a dodge and counter-GB when it obviously turns into a GB? I mean... am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure you can't CGB while dodging.

MrForz
02-19-2017, 01:46 AM
I had to find another video because I've just watched 12 minutes of someone complaining with wrong informations slapped in a very messy manner to explain why the Vortex needed to go. And well, there's nothing I missed except this:

I'm pretty sure you can't CGB while dodging.

And this was the info I needed, and that one makes perfect sense as in why it's unavoidable by means that aren't a desperate attempt at rolling, thank you.

Could we be hopeful that the next GB changes, allowing us to use the CGB more reactively, will allow us to get off the Vortex?

VerteXi
02-19-2017, 02:03 AM
it will essentially be the same thing because i'm pretty sure you can just cancel shoulder bash like a feint anyway so you just gb after that, although it may not be as fast. but i agree they should remove gb canceling shoulder charge no other hero can do something like that so it just doesn't seem right

VerteXi
02-19-2017, 02:04 AM
I had to find another video because I've just watched 12 minutes of someone complaining with wrong informations slapped in a very messy manner to explain why the Vortex needed to go. And well, there's nothing I missed except this:

And this was the info I needed, and that one makes perfect sense as in why it's unavoidable by means that aren't a desperate attempt at rolling, thank you.

Could we be hopeful that the next GB changes, allowing us to use the CGB more reactively, will allow us to get off the Vortex?

no, even in neutral if they gb you while in the middle of your dodge it will track and you dont even get a chance to CGB

Vordred
02-19-2017, 02:35 AM
it will essentially be the same thing because i'm pretty sure you can just cancel shoulder bash like a feint anyway so you just gb after that, although it may not be as fast. but i agree they should remove gb canceling shoulder charge no other hero can do something like that so it just doesn't seem right

i would be ok with them removing the cancel, if they change the way Shoulder Charge works, make it Tap for GB and Hold for Shoulder. otherwise the warden becomes useless, as after the double light, he only has to option, Shoulder or Heavy, both of which are countered by a simple Dodge.

though really when i face another i usually bank on the GB and don't dodge, and if im wrong just eat the shoulder and hope i'm right in guessing which side the next attack will come from. as it is still blockable.

default91
02-19-2017, 03:04 AM
I agree 100% the Warden needs to have the ability to cancel the charge removed.

He has so many good options in his kit that give him unparalled speed, damage, and mixups, that removing this will still keep him at top tier without being brokenly overpowered.

VerteXi
02-19-2017, 04:32 AM
i would be ok with them removing the cancel, if they change the way Shoulder Charge works, make it Tap for GB and Hold for Shoulder. otherwise the warden becomes useless, as after the double light, he only has to option, Shoulder or Heavy, both of which are countered by a simple Dodge.

though really when i face another i usually bank on the GB and don't dodge, and if im wrong just eat the shoulder and hope i'm right in guessing which side the next attack will come from. as it is still blockable.

the hits after the charge are only blockable if timing isnt perfect. uf they time it right you cant block it