PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who quits Deathmatch (Skirmish)

YappysDaBeast
02-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Everyone who leaves at the start of Skirmish because it wasn't elimination deserves to have a penalty of XP for a few matches or a Deathmatch cooldown.

The amount of times my game has been stuck on screen because of this and I have to force close the game to get out of it.
Or the matches where its just bots constantly because of this.
This **** is getting old fast. Don't be a noob and rage quit because its not Elimination!

AgentCelt
02-19-2017, 12:27 AM
nobody would leave if skirmish didnt suck. its basically dominion with no zones. they need to make it possible to choose which one you play, like with duel and brawl.

Prior_Heahmund
02-19-2017, 12:27 AM
If you have time limitations and you want to get your elimination contracts done you don't have a choice.

Fuzzybutts
02-19-2017, 12:29 AM
If you have time limitations and you want to get your elimination contracts done you don't have a choice.

Sorry but Noone is really going to agree with you on this one. Skirmish is just Dominion for people who don't know what objectives are and the majority of people seeking Elimination mode are seeking Deathmatch without timed respawns. Deathmatch w/timed respawn in this game just becomes a spawn camping competition essentially.

TripSin.
02-19-2017, 12:31 AM
Trying to GET ELIMINATION ORDERS DONE

THERE ARE NO SKIRMISH ORDERS

YappysDaBeast
02-19-2017, 12:33 AM
Then thats the risk of joining a 2 game mode queue, don't be an *** hat and rage quit every single game and **** it up for everyone else.

rcwd
02-19-2017, 12:33 AM
why should i be penalized because im trying to do execution orders and the game puts me in the wrong game? Why would anyone waste their time?

Fuzzybutts
02-19-2017, 12:35 AM
It shouldn't of been a 2 mode que in the first place, maybe thats why so many people are leaving skirmish?

The_B0G_
02-19-2017, 12:40 AM
It shouldn't of been a 2 mode que in the first place, maybe thats why so many people are leaving skirmish?

Thats the only reason people quit so much, everyones trying to do elimination orders and are getting stuck in this dumbed down domination mode.

TucuReborn
02-19-2017, 12:43 AM
The problem is how Ubi handled the queue.

Elimination is by far the preferred game mode. There are orders for it after all. However, they share a queue and players have literally no choice even if they elect one as preferred via settings. Due to this, you end up with people who leave for Elimination. If brawl and duel were one queue, people would also leave a it because they don't want a certain mode.

And guess what? This also leads to more players being forced into a Skirmish lobby where someone left, and most likely ending with them leaving too.

How Ubi handled the 4v4 queue ruins match enjoyment for people no matter which side they are on, and we're stuck with it.

I'm not saying quitting is a good option, but you have to realize some people hate Skirmish, and being forced to play it makes them hate it even more. Why should they be forced to sit through a game they hate because Ubi screwed them over? And if you say they have to stay, that's telling them their enjoyment of the game is less important than yours.

TL;DR
Ubi gave players of Skirmish and Elimination a big middle finger and now all players get to deal with it until they fix their crap.

YappysDaBeast
02-19-2017, 12:45 AM
GG you rage quitters keep crashing my game, gg

Quinn1987
02-19-2017, 01:03 AM
90% of the player Base, don't want to play the mode... Why punish them for quitting such a boring mode.

The_B0G_
02-19-2017, 01:06 AM
GG you rage quitters keep crashing my game, gg

Its not rage quitting if you quit from being put in the wrong mode... it's like trying to play Sabotage on COD and being put in a Team Deathmatch. It's not the players fault.

Yeah it sucks for people who want to play that mode, but the players aren't to blame, the fact those two modes are in the same matchmaking search is.

Mathonn
02-19-2017, 01:39 AM
nobody would leave if skirmish didnt suck. its basically dominion with no zones. they need to make it possible to choose which one you play, like with duel and brawl.

Vote the map to elimination, there's always at least one choice.

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-19-2017, 02:08 AM
There are actually.
Last night I had to win a Skirmish game without dying more than 5 times.
The hilarious thing?
I queued with Skirmish as preferred specifically to get that done ... and was immediately placed into Elimination.
GG Ubisoft, that's some next level trolling there.

omg there are skirmish orders????
plz dont do this UBI :mad:

Mid_Evil
02-19-2017, 02:09 AM

Go to the map, click on death match and hit x or whatever your command for settings is. Click on the heart for elimination. This will make it more likely for you to get into an elimination game instead of a skirmish. If you end up in a skirmish just put up with it for 15 minutes instead of ****ing everyone else over. I get tired of getting dropped due to people leaving. Especially when your with a couple people from the last match that you want to continue to play with then your screen freezes. Pisses people off. And for good reason.

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-19-2017, 02:16 AM
Go to the map, click on death match and hit x or whatever your command for settings is. Click on the heart for elimination. This will make it more likely for you to get into an elimination game instead of a skirmish. If you end up in a skirmish just put up with it for 15 minutes instead of ****ing everyone else over. I get tired of getting dropped due to people leaving. Especially when your with a couple people from the last match that you want to continue to play with then your screen freezes. Pisses people off. And for good reason.
Players shoulnt conform and waste 15m of their lifes playing a mode they dont want to play.
Anyone who dont understand this is out of his mind..
im sorry for ppl who like this mode but dont turn your anger to players turn it to ubi...

rcwd
02-19-2017, 02:17 AM

90% of the time I join a game it is either already started or past the map selection, again why would i waste my time? I and everyone else are not saints, we play the game for our enjoyment not everyone elses.

The_B0G_
02-19-2017, 02:20 AM
90% of the time I join a game it is either already started or past the map selection, again why would i waste my time? I and everyone else are not saints, we play the game for our enjoyment not everyone elses.

^ ftw

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 02:54 AM
The bottom line is they should be separate queues because they are 2 totally different modes that do not belong together or even remotely play the same, so no when I tell my game to queue Elimination and I get Skirmish and I will damn well leave if I want because I think Skirmish sucks and unless I have orders for it I refuse to play it, If you don't like it too bad because you should be on my side in allowing me to just queue the mode I want to play so you can be left alone, and until that happens that's too bad, blame Ubisoft for doing this and not the players

Mathonn
02-19-2017, 03:05 AM
The bottom line is they should be separate queues because they are 2 totally different modes that do not belong together or even remotely play the same, so no when I tell my game to queue Elimination and I get Skirmish and I will damn well leave if I want because I think Skirmish sucks and unless I have orders for it I refuse to play it, If you don't like it too bad because you should be on my side in allowing me to just queue the mode I want to play so you can be left alone, and until that happens that's too bad, blame Ubisoft for doing this and not the players

They are both very much death match game modes, one has respawns and the other does not. One is focused on killing the other team off, the other is focused on killing the other team repeatedly. I don't know why they chose to link them, but to say they are completely different modes is absurd.

Timbo1978_hd
02-19-2017, 03:07 AM
I've been trying to get this elimination order done for the past hour. I stuck in a cpl skirmish modes. Then I starting closing For Honor whenever it popped up. Because all I'm getting are ****ing skirmish mode. Which is the worst part of this game. So sorry about your luck bro. But your side of the coin isn't the only one getting screwed.

CabalTrainee
02-19-2017, 03:08 AM
They should at least make all orders concerning these accomplishable in both modes.

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 03:10 AM
They are both very much death match game modes, one has respawns and the other does not. One is focused on killing the other team off, the other is focused on killing the other team repeatedly. I don't know why they chose to link them, but to say they are completely different modes is absurd.

It has more in common with Dominion than Elimination so why isn't it paired there? THAT would make more sense but as I said no they should be different queues

Dabeat.
02-19-2017, 03:10 AM
Blame the developers, not the players. It doesn't make any sense forcing people into skirmish when they want to play elimination, especially when the vast majority of orders are for elimination. I just wanna get my orders done, I have other things to do in life, I can't spend 15 minutes of misery on skirmish because the game decided to put me into skirmish, and in fact, I just don't want to. Give me skirmish and I leave that **** the second I get in.

MagicElmo
02-19-2017, 03:22 AM
While I usually hate when people quit on you in MP games, I honestly can't blame anyone here.

There are so many Elimination Orders (too many really) and then players can't choose Elimination themselves and are been forced to play Skirmish, the worst mode in For Honor.
As many suggested, let people choose what mode to play and on top of that, I would suggest Ubi to overhaul Skirmish mode.

As for me, I have stopped doing Elimination Orders for now, because I never leave a game, but I just don't want to play Skirmish.

HecticJackel1
02-19-2017, 03:24 AM

You can when you vote on which map

ForcefulBooch11
02-19-2017, 03:30 AM
am i the only one to know this? you guys needs to click on the heart icon before starting the match making for the mod you want , if you want skirmish non stop , click the heart to prefer skirmish youll do this back to back , no body knew this??

Winfieldt
02-19-2017, 03:34 AM
why should i be penalized because im trying to do execution orders and the game puts me in the wrong game? Why would anyone waste their time?

I've not even played these gamemodes, but I can understand where you're coming from.

If you want to get an order done, you want to get into the mode to do it in, not in the other.

Trying to "punish" people who took a 50% lottery in joining their desired gamemode is not really something you want to do.

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 03:44 AM
You can when you vote on which map

And again, That doesn't matter. Let us play what we want without ever getting a skirmish game just so we can "potentially have a chance at Elim". I don't care if I can vote for Elim after a match for 2 reasons.

1. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.
2. 6/8 people have to stay for the same group to even proceed to another game and its not guaranteed you will get Elim so no that doesn't work

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 03:45 AM
am i the only one to know this? you guys needs to click on the heart icon before starting the match making for the mod you want , if you want skirmish non stop , click the heart to prefer skirmish youll do this back to back , no body knew this??

This doesn't work, thats the problem. You still get Skirmish which seems like 60-70% of the time

ForcefulBooch11
02-19-2017, 04:01 AM
This doesn't work, thats the problem. You still get Skirmish which seems like 60-70% of the time

well i am on ps4 and ive been playing back to back for more then 1 hour ?

Mathonn
02-19-2017, 04:11 AM
It has more in common with Dominion than Elimination so why isn't it paired there? THAT would make more sense but as I said no they should be different queues

No it doesn't, dominion is a hill capture mode, skirmish is a death match mode and so is elimination. Dominion is the only mode in the game that doesn't fit under the Deathmatch umbrella.