PDA

View Full Version : Most common combat style

PssrDavis
02-18-2017, 11:17 PM
Guard Break .... R2..... Execute.

It's a free kill!

If players can make their entire play style around GB then there's something wrong with it. At this point it's not even the GB counter that's the issue. It's the fact that everything after it is 100 percent free and usually does a ton of freaking damage. Other characters being able to chain pushes and shoves into a GB is straight tomfoolery on it's own. C'mon Ubisoft can you ever make a moderately balanced game? This is literally one feature that all the lame players are just abusing because it works so often and there's really no drawbacks to it. There needs to be more of a punish for countering it or spamming it. Sure I can jab you to death with light attacks, but the payoff with this is WAY better than any other tactic in the game overshadows all other options just because of how good it is.

You absolutely need to get rid of this cheese. I even switched to a lame over used Orochi to test it out. I stepped in from beyond a players range and grabbed and killed people just to see if it were as easy as these newbs were making it seem, and YES it is. Players should be using the ENTIRE character. Not just one bs tactic because you're too naive to anticipate and design a game around the fact that players would rather cheese and pick the easy route than fight using all their options.

Your game has potential, but my lord your team made some really odd decisions. Like for example... Buffs being immediately available at the start of an elimination match. What? It should've been obvious that they should start on cooldown. All players do is just run straight to a buff THEN fight with an advantage. There's such a plethora of dumb things that were just overlooked. C'mon Ubisoft... use your heads a little.

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Guard Break .... R2..... Execute.

It's a free kill!

If players can make their entire play style around GB then there's something wrong with it. At this point it's not even the GB counter that's the issue. It's the fact that everything after it is 100 percent free and usually does a ton of freaking damage. Other characters being able to chain pushes and shoves into a GB is straight tomfoolery on it's own. C'mon Ubisoft can you ever make a moderately balanced game? This is literally one feature that all the lame players are just abusing because it works so often and there's really no drawbacks to it. There needs to be more of a punish for countering it or spamming it. Sure I can jab you to death with light attacks, but the payoff with this is WAY better than any other tactic in the game overshadows all other options just because of how good it is.

You absolutely need to get rid of this cheese. I even switched to a lame over used Orochi to test it out. I stepped in from beyond a players range and grabbed and killed people just to see if it were as easy as these newbs were making it seem, and YES it is. Players should be using the ENTIRE character. Not just one bs tactic because you're too naive to anticipate and design a game around the fact that players would rather cheese and pick the easy route than fight using all their options.

Your game has potential, but my lord your team made some really odd decisions. Like for example... Buffs being immediately available at the start of an elimination match. What? It should've been obvious that they should start on cooldown. All players do is just run straight to a buff THEN fight with an advantage. There's such a plethora of dumb things that were just overlooked. C'mon Ubisoft... use your heads a little.

Not really.. most people can counter the guard break and I don't think anyone can get a free heavy off of a GB anyway.

PssrDavis
02-18-2017, 11:30 PM
Not really.. most people can counter the guard break and I don't think anyone can get a free heavy off of a GB anyway.

Actually... most people DONT counter the GB due to the ridiculous timing that's why it's done so often and I've been doing GB to heavy for the past two hours. It's totally free. What game are you playing?

uhm, you can tech it. whats the problem?
Yes because teching it is just so easy. The problem is that the timing is so small and any other defensive actions in the game are reaction based even if you're anticipating it. The difference is that the game trains you and gets you used to a certain amount of time to do all of your other defensive maneuvers but teching a gb gives you half the time or less. I sincerely doubt those who defend the tomfoolery can reliably tech a gb. I have yet to see anyone do it consistently like the pro they elude themselves to be.

Aeecto
02-18-2017, 11:31 PM

nearly everyone has a free guarenteed heave after a GB!!!!
but anyways, GB still isnīt overpowered as long the counter gets fixed again

PssrDavis
02-18-2017, 11:31 PM
nearly everyone has a free guarenteed heave after a GB!!!!
but anyways, GB still isnīt overpowered as long the counter gets fixed again

I don't remember how the counter was before. What's the difference?

Aeecto
02-18-2017, 11:33 PM
I don't remember how the counter was before. What's the difference?

the difference is..."it worked"... now it only works sometimes in lobbies with less than 2 players

Ulltrex
02-18-2017, 11:36 PM
no the most common combat style is double tap the block break and push them off a edge

Godsplitter1991
02-18-2017, 11:37 PM
When the red shield shows up on YOUR character you press the guard break button, and only press it once. It's a matter of muscle memory. It's not as bad as it seems, it only took me a few days to get used to it

PssrDavis
02-18-2017, 11:37 PM
the difference is..."it worked"... now it only works sometimes in lobbies with less than 2 players

oh I didn't realize it was borked that way. I thought it was just a friggin two tenths of a second window to counter. That's good to know.

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 11:39 PM
Actually... most people DONT counter the GB due to the ridiculous timing that's why it's done so often and I've been doing GB to heavy for the past two hours. It's totally free. What game are you playing?

Yes because teching it is just so easy. The problem is that the timing is so small and any other defensive actions in the game are reaction based even if you're anticipating it. The difference is that the game trains you and gets you used to a certain amount of time to do all of your other defensive maneuvers but teching a gb gives you half the time or less. I sincerely doubt those who defend the tomfoolery can reliably tech a gb. I have yet to see anyone do it consistently like the pro they elude themselves to be.

I haven't been hit by one so maybe they are doing it too late.

DeLatv
02-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Like countering guard break is the easyest thing...

Surprised people still have trouble with...

LayPipeNPassGas
02-19-2017, 12:00 AM
(Complains about "noobs" spamming guard break to heavy. Then states that he's been spamming guard break to heavy for hours.)

PssrDavis
02-19-2017, 12:15 AM
(Complains about "noobs" spamming guard break to heavy. Then states that he's been spamming guard break to heavy for hours.)

Yes, I did it to see if it were as easy as it seemed. I stated that. You're so cool.