PDA

View Full Version : New to the game and match making is matching me with high lvls? (BROKEN!!!)

FreeFallKing
02-18-2017, 11:05 PM
i cant play this game if i constantly get faced against skilled players when im only learning the game, better fix this **** or i'm refunding!

ForBoo
02-18-2017, 11:06 PM
It doesn't get better

Panzer_Cmndr
02-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Sadly match making is borked to Hell and back in this game. Adds to the balance issues and of course the frustration of new and lower level players going up against higher levels and gank squads.

DeLatv
02-18-2017, 11:52 PM
I meet the same 10 people for days.

I think this game is dead already.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 11:56 PM
Sadly match making is borked to Hell and back in this game. Adds to the balance issues and of course the frustration of new and lower level players going up against higher levels and gank squads.

I had the same experience. This will be the death sentence of this game since no new player will put up with this for long.

Panzer_Cmndr
02-19-2017, 02:58 AM
Agreed, I have a Prestige I character and the gank squads and balance issues annoy the Hell out of me already. Match Making adds to much more frustration to that mix. Grinding up new characters has already become an issue with MM. We started with Beta so we had a grasp on the concept of the game, those just coming in new, are in for a rude awakening.

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 03:03 AM
It is becoming a serious problem. Another friend of mine got the game so I started to learn a new class with him as he started up and we got matched with so many 75-108 geared people that it was near impossible to even stand a chance when those 108 weapons can 2 shot you. Something does need to be done like at least Matchmaking based on Gear score. 1-40, 41-80, 81-108

it would at least be a start but still contain issues but I somehow do not think the devs intended for the game to be played in 4v4 as a 2shot experience

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 03:19 AM
They should have it so you select who you will play as before getting matched. That way it can match you based on the gear score of the selected character. As it is now, there is no way the game can know which character someone will select and so can't match based on score.

El_MUERkO
02-19-2017, 03:22 AM
picked up the game today, sitting in matchmaking for ages, not even getting into a game

unless i pick duel in which case i go into a game quickly, against people that are super high level and kill me easy

will try again tomorrow but if it's more of the same then i want a refund

Volccis
02-19-2017, 03:59 AM
What is wrong with people nowdays? Year 2017 and people are weak-minded. I was a complete newbie a week ago, played open beta for like 3-4 hours and now I have played like 25 hours and I have 58% victory ratio and 1,3 K/D. Couple days ago I had something around 40% victory ratio and about 0,7 K/D. And yes, it was annoying to get beated by better players but thats normal. You cant get good if you play always against newbies. If you never try to learn the game mechanics you cant ever learn them. Simply dueling against humans or bots wont teach you all. You really need to put time on practicing two most important things, parry and guardbreak interrupt. Handling those 2 skills you can rock. And then you need to know what every hero can do and what are the timings on their attacks.

You seriously cant ask a refund just because you are BAD/newbie.

EDIT: Also I have to mention that game isnt really that complex. After understanding parry, guardbreak interrupt, dodging certain moves and understanding all heroes you really can face the players you will get matched up. Just get over the frustration.

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 06:17 AM
What is wrong with people nowdays? Year 2017 and people are weak-minded. I was a complete newbie a week ago, played open beta for like 3-4 hours and now I have played like 25 hours and I have 58% victory ratio and 1,3 K/D. Couple days ago I had something around 40% victory ratio and about 0,7 K/D. And yes, it was annoying to get beated by better players but thats normal. You cant get good if you play always against newbies. If you never try to learn the game mechanics you cant ever learn them. Simply dueling against humans or bots wont teach you all. You really need to put time on practicing two most important things, parry and guardbreak interrupt. Handling those 2 skills you can rock. And then you need to know what every hero can do and what are the timings on their attacks.

You seriously cant ask a refund just because you are BAD/newbie.

EDIT: Also I have to mention that game isnt really that complex. After understanding parry, guardbreak interrupt, dodging certain moves and understanding all heroes you really can face the players you will get matched up. Just get over the frustration.

Your analogy works fine for Duel and Brawl but for 4v4 modes its different when Gear score comes into play. Low level+low gear is being matched against High Lvl+Max Gear. If you have not experienced being 1-2shot just based on normal attacks its not a matter of skill. The weak player has to literally have a perfect fight of not getting hit at all while kicking the living heck out of someone in order to win. Its not like a normal duel or brawl when the fights are more balanced and toe to toe, Dominion ect.. with this issue becomes a gear game and not a skill game and based on what I have played over the last 24hrs with seeing LOTS of Gearlvl 108's.

I also have a 86%win percentage right now and am pretty damn good at the game. I am getting better and better by the hour when it comes to parries ect.. but when I play 4v4 and fight toe to toe with a gear 108 when im 50 getting 2shot on a small error is not fun when the game was not designed to be that way or tested that way in alpha/beta. There is a serious problem with the matchmaking that needs to be fixed because it is nearly impossible to win a match when your side has an average gearscore of 40 and the other is 100, We got so angry this afternoon we had to split into brawl groups. That massive gap is not fun and no amount of skill increase can save from that unless the gear is more on par. When you have full hp fighting 1v1 at a capture point then get ganked from behind by a 108 in 1 slash you will understand why, that is simply not possible when gearstats are turned off which brings a brand new balance issue for Ubi to work on now because its clear the game was only properly balanced based on 1v1 duels and pure skill

And let me make myself clear. I am fine with gear having stats, the issue is the matchmaking. when high levels play high levels its much less of a problem because of all the different builds you can make, It's just simply a train wreck when it comes to forcing a lower level person fight essentially a god even if the god sucks at the game he only needs to land 1 hit which is not that hard because even high skill players make simple mistakes all the time for anyone to land a simple tap and if the matchmaking doesn't get fixed fast the population will die off by the end of March and NONE OF US want that to happen. This game can only thrive if the casual players can play the game too. Piss them off and its over

Masked_Yurei
02-19-2017, 06:19 AM
Doesn't particularly matter. The game is dominated by how much a player chooses to exploit to blatant advantages each class has.

I can fight two different Orochi that both have the same capabilities in combat; and win or lose based on how much they spam their meta abilities which make them impossible to kill.

Every class has them, because nothing has been balanced.

Altair_Snake
02-19-2017, 07:33 AM
The gear effect isn't that big. You can grind the AI, if you still think the gear is so important. You can also grind duels and brawls, where the gear doesn't matter. A coordinated team will probably matter a lot more than gear.

TheRealNichivo
02-19-2017, 09:09 AM
You all just need to look on the bright side! It is not like you can buy steel for cash and instant gear your character for an advantage, so at least it's not pay 2 win....:rolleyes: There was even a big thread about it.;) LOL

Sorry, I could not resist.

Noellessa2016
02-19-2017, 02:15 PM
I think this game uses a hidden MMR just like Overwatch does (since neither know which character you're going to use and you often switch chars to counter the enemy team). However, just like OW, I think it also places finding a match in a timely fashion as one of the highest priorities (over, say, equal MMR after a certain amount of waiting for a match). The problem with For Honor is that the time to wait before "Extended Search" happens is like 15 seconds or something. It starts out 'Strict' and if you don't cancel, soon goes to 'Extended' which widens the MMR gap. I always cancel once I see it change to anything but strict and usually have mostly equal fights -- there's the occasional prestige 2 person with 60+ GS, but I often find that I can easily beat them so I assume their hidden MMR is relative to our teams regardless of their in game level (again, much like OW). Now if only connection reliability was the same... >.> <.<

B3N--
02-19-2017, 02:43 PM
For me the matchmaking got very worst today, i always fall with some 3 ennemy players premade constantly, with aroud the same level, but work has a team, its not good, and not logic to put premade team vs pickup one.

Ubisoft fix your matchmaking, or at least improve it (why not know before release that they will be people who will be playing on team, and some other alone , and for balance need to be separate matchmaking queue)

We need separate queue for grouped people and pickup one or we need ranked mode ASAP or the only people who stay in the game will be team's one.

The matchmaking in for honor is not good at all, it take into account only one variable "the higher rank you got" (sometimes do it badly) , and forget the others thing that must be taking into the balance; joining as a team or not been one of those

Hackfraysn
02-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting longer in queues in order to get enemies that are of similar skill and gear level. If most of the matches are one-sided stomps, new players will be unable to enjoy the game and quit rather fast.

I don't want that to happen, but it saddens me to see there's nothing I can do.

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Matchmaking is awful in this game. I'm starting to see so many issues with For Honor and it's kind of sad because it needs a lot of work.

Gnarxly
02-19-2017, 03:32 PM
People keep talking about levels and matchmaking in the same sentence... how hard is it to understand 99% of the game is player skill.

feuerundblut
02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
They should have it so you select who you will play as before getting matched. That way it can match you based on the gear score of the selected character. As it is now, there is no way the game can know which character someone will select and so can't match based on score.

I was thinking exactly the same as I was entering a match with my alt. My main is already renown 2 with 40 in gear but I would like to play my lawbringer who is only level 8 renown 0. Unfortunately I get only matched with higher ranked people. This matchmaking system is utterly broken. I don't know how they put it that way in the first place without realizing it was completely flawed.

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
People keep talking about levels and matchmaking in the same sentence... how hard is it to understand 99% of the game is player skill.

Nope.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1583516-High-Tier-Revenge-builds-Break-the-Game-Perfect-Example

T_Djinn_T
02-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Just had a game as follows

Attackers were levels

Defenders were levels

Prestige 1 gear 35
Prestige 1 gear 41
Prestige 1 gear 40

Went about as well as you might expect for the attackers. GG Matchmaking.

I can do you better.

Attackers were

4 1
4 1
9 0
P1 7

Defenders were a premade All the same name/clan

P4 108
P5 108
P10 108
P9 108

Daikuza
02-19-2017, 04:20 PM
The matchmaking is totally trash at the moment, I hope Ubisoft will fix this.

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/32710930/ForHonor2017-2-19-0-13-36.jpg

Zemus-
02-19-2017, 06:07 PM
The gear effect isn't that big. You can grind the AI, if you still think the gear is so important. You can also grind duels and brawls, where the gear doesn't matter. A coordinated team will probably matter a lot more than gear.

Its clear you have not fought a 108 with a max attack weapon. Your solution is grind in Duels until you get high end gear? So play the game for 60+hrs to get the chance to play dominion fairly? You are worse than Ubisoft if you believe that is the correct course of action.

FIX MATCHMAKING. I would gladly wait 3-5 Minutes to get an even match than the 20second curb stomps that were happening all day Saturday because for me and my friends the game was simply unplayable and not fun and were skilled. No amount of skill can compensate being murdered by a 108 with an attack weapon in the mayhem that is 4v4

RaidoKnight
02-19-2017, 09:31 PM
I really have no fun with this game anymore, the toxic community is one thing, but revenge stats and a very bad matchmaking system...
it's just not fun anymore, I just play because I'm like "you payed 70 for this, so you have to play it for a while" (gold edition)