PDA

View Full Version : Gear score / matching

Tvatt
02-18-2017, 11:03 PM
How come that a gear score 108 can get up agenst people with between 10-30,
an dhow would you ever be able to make start a new character when you get matched up agenst people with taht high item score.

"The objective of a good matchmaking is too find the right balance between waiting time (as short as possible) and match quality (fast connectivity between players and same level of skill).
To do so, our philosophy is to focus on connection quality first then players’ skill. Regarding the waiting time, we look for the best fit for skill for the first 30 seconds, then expand that skill range after each 30 second interval. After three minutes, we timeout the matchmaking to allow the player to restart the process from scratch."

how can that even be a thing!!!!
matching people based on thier internet connection...
really Ubisft...

AgentCelt
02-18-2017, 11:05 PM
i love it. My W/L and KD ratio is so high because i keep destroying all the noobs

WTWR_Zydrate
02-18-2017, 11:13 PM
I think it's because the game is four days old, the pool of players is largely the same. As it gets more players with a higher gear disparity, the system will try to match more accurately.
If the MM can't find anyone, it will start to 'extend' the perimeters which is why it puts higher players with you.
Which is better than not playing at all.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 11:15 PM
I think it's because the game is four days old, the pool of players is largely the same. As it gets more players with a higher gear disparity, the system will try to match more accurately.
If the MM can't find anyone, it will start to 'extend' the perimeters which is why it puts higher players with you.

It's a good pipe dream. However right now it's just not really fun.

Aeecto
02-18-2017, 11:20 PM

wrong.... there is no matchmaking at all. matched level is the last thing to be checked. it places the same region together first, then language.... it only checkes for matching level at the very last if it doesnt find anyone at the first checks.
.... and that´s all because of P2P and they don´t want the lobbies to lag.