PDA

View Full Version : General Torzan...

TucuReborn
02-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Is annoying as hell.

Major spoilers to Torzan fight to follow.

First he sends three friggin clones after you. They spam attacks at you like no tomorrow.

Then you fight the real him, and he won't stop making comments about you being a good raider. And then he runs like a coward.

Then you fight him a third time, and he has almost unlimited stamina and spams attacks from every direction while screaming "I must defeat you" a million times. Not to mention he has 100% GB counters unless he's doing a sword spin animation(at least that I have found), so he pretty much takes away one of the Raider's abilities.

And yeah, I did kill him. Point stands he is by far more annoying than any boss enemy I've fought. The most annoying is how he has one line per fight section that he relentlessly screams in your face. It's like they couldn't bother to give him two lines, or even put a gap in between him screaming. He sounds like he's one of those people who only has "your mom" as a comeback.

He's also the most flat character for a boss too, and some of them don't even say anything. He shows up, kills your army, and then screams while wimping out any chance he gets. A real Samurai would be mocked for the shameful retreats he makes. After the emotion in the first chapter's final boss, I expected more than a wuss who screams and spams attacks.

Did anyone else feel the same fighting him, or is it just me?

BTW, loved every second of the story until he showed up. He fits the least into the story of all the characters, even using what is basically "ninja magic".

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Is annoying as hell.

Major spoilers to Torzan fight to follow.

First he sends three friggin clones after you. They spam attacks at you like no tomorrow.

Then you fight the real him, and he won't stop making comments about you being a good raider. And then he runs like a coward.

Then you fight him a third time, and he has almost unlimited stamina and spams attacks from every direction while screaming "I must defeat you" a million times. Not to mention he has 100% GB counters unless he's doing a sword spin animation(at least that I have found), so he pretty much takes away one of the Raider's abilities.

And yeah, I did kill him. Point stands he is by far more annoying than any boss enemy I've fought. The most annoying is how he has one line per fight section that he relentlessly screams in your face. It's like they couldn't bother to give him two lines, or even put a gap in between him screaming. He sounds like he's one of those people who only has "your mom" as a comeback.

He's also the most flat character for a boss too, and some of them don't even say anything. He shows up, kills your army, and then screams while wimping out any chance he gets. A real Samurai would be mocked for the shameful retreats he makes. After the emotion in the first chapter's final boss, I expected more than a wuss who screams and spams attacks.

Did anyone else feel the same fighting him, or is it just me?

BTW, loved every second of the story until he showed up. He fits the least into the story of all the characters, even using what is basically "ninja magic".

What I did was knock all of his clones of the bridge through the gap to the left, then I save one so I can execute in case I need health, For the second phase I just ran up to him and did the charge to knock him down, then I popped the unblock-able feat and went to town on heavies unless he is in the swirling mode because he will parry it. For the final stage I also rushed him to the ground and did a lot more stuns and then side heavies. I also did a lot of grabs and heavies as that seems to work very well.

TucuReborn
02-18-2017, 11:16 PM
What I did was knock all of his clones of the bridge through the gap to the left, then I save one so I can execute in case I need health, For the second phase I just ran up to him and did the charge to knock him down, then I popped the unblock-able feat and went to town on heavies unless he is in the swirling mode because he will parry it. For the final stage I also rushed him to the ground and did a lot more stuns and then side heavies. I also did a lot of grabs and heavies as that seems to work very well.

I think you missed my point. It's not that he's unbeatable, but that his battle design and constant spamming of one line is annoying as hell.

Frost_Bringer
02-18-2017, 11:17 PM
I found that fight to be more of an annoyance, too. Did it on realistic and played it super safe, just because I didn't want to start over from zero. Took me a while but did it first try. In every phase you have at least one save zone where he doesn't follow/attack you. Go in, do your stuff, go back, heal/wait for cds and go back in. Simple. It's cheesy, but it's single player, so i don't care much.

Edit: Imagine the fight taking like 30 Minutes... At some point, I had to mute my audio.

IamheiN
02-18-2017, 11:22 PM
They really need to add lines to that character, he just spams the same "legendary raider" like 50 times a minute

TucuReborn
02-18-2017, 11:39 PM
I found that fight to be more of an annoyance, too. Did it on realistic and played it super safe, just because I didn't want to start over from zero. Took me a while but did it first try. In every phase you have at least one save zone where he doesn't follow/attack you. Go in, do your stuff, go back, heal/wait for cds and go back in. Simple. It's cheesy, but it's single player, so i don't care much.

Edit: Imagine the fight taking like 30 Minutes... At some point, I had to mute my audio.

Mine took a few tries since the spam kept killing me. Had no problems with first and second fights, but between extreme spam and the lines I got tired of him really fast. At the end I was literally shouting at the screen for him to shut up. It's not even that it's a bad line, but my god he never shuts up.

The4ngryLem0n
02-19-2017, 01:05 AM
I found him to be the most exhilarating boss. I felt that the AI was really passive most of the time so having 3 Torzens just hack away at me and me having to block, parry, and line them up. And when that filled my rage meter I would yell "My turn, *****!" and attack back.

So, I actually enjoyed Torzen and I wished the others were just as aggressive.

And yeah, I wish all the bosses got more than one line being repeated over and over and over again.

"I'm impressed, Warden!"
"You're a raider, legendary!"
"You're the first samurai to reach this place. Congratulations"