PDA

View Full Version : Parry change / hidden patch?

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 10:29 PM
For the love of god I cant guardbreak people I have parried ALL of them are too far away? Is this intedned? What is the point of parrying then?

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 10:32 PM
For the love of god I cant guardbreak people I have parried ALL of them are too far away? Is this intedned? What is the point of parrying then?

I'm not sure what you mean as guard breaks are different from parries.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean as guard breaks are different from parries.

He means after a parry into a GB. For some classes it is harder to do this chain. For example the Orochi has a short ranged GB. If you parry someone you have to dodge forward and then GB, which is two separate actions and can be stopped before you get to the enemy. Other classes like the kensei/peacekeeper have a chain in their moveset to do a dodge GB as a single action.

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 10:38 PM
He means after a parry into a GB. For some classes it is harder to do this chain. For example the Orochi has a short ranged GB. If you parry someone you have to dodge forward and then GB, which is two separate actions and can be stopped before you get to the enemy. Other classes like the kensei/peacekeeper have a chain in their moveset to do a dodge GB as a single action.

Ah, I see what you mean now.

SethUnleashed
02-18-2017, 11:01 PM
nobushi and shugoki will ALWAYS be out of range (as long as they are not backed up against a wall)

kensei is out of range depending on your positioning.

it is what it is...
its annoying as punishing those classes is hard, but hey

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 11:22 PM
So parrying is essentialy usless, thanks thats what I needed to know .. back to the drawing board with warden cuz I dont the **** know what to do now .. I watched numerous training videos that went in the lines if - you dont have cheap combos that deal 60% of enemie shealt (nobushi) you must masster the fundamentals and work with them - one of them being aprry leads always to guaranteed GB, now that I have realzied there is no such thing It makes me sad cuz it invalidated all I have learned so far
.I parry guy is too far away, normal attacks are not guaranteed, charge is not guaranteed ANYTHIGN is not guaranteed ... yay

Arekonator
02-18-2017, 11:27 PM
As a warden aganist nobushi, after parry, you can get in guaranteed zone attack. Its not great, but its not the worst, since it does ok damage and she doesnt have that much health.

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 11:37 PM
As a warden aganist nobushi, after parry, you can get in guaranteed zone attack. Its not great, but its not the worst, since it does ok damage and she doesnt have that much health.

Which still doesnt convince me that trying to parry is useless, given the state of the ''servers'' and the non-resposne time the payoff for parrying is not there, simple blocking will do the job nicely ... god damnit this game is so sad .. if this is not addresed this game will be a ghost town like evolve in tops 2 months

Arekonator
02-18-2017, 11:55 PM
If safe punish for roughly 15-20% health isnt good enough for you, than sure. I was personally pretty pissed about the connection issues in closed beta, but i have to admit it got way better in open beta withen population got higher and number of poor latency people i met dropped dramatically.

AviiD.
02-19-2017, 12:01 AM

If you parry a light attack you can actually hit her with a guaranteed top heavy. Just do it 3 times and she is dead

TravoltinoSK
02-19-2017, 12:02 AM
If safe punish for roughly 15-20% health isnt good enough for you, than sure. I was personally pretty pissed about the connection issues in closed beta, but i have to admit it got way better in open beta withen population got higher and number of poor latency people i met dropped dramatically.

what punish are you talking about? If you mean the zone attack that takes one bar and 60% of your stamina then I dont consider that as a Punish but more a shout in the dark to atleast DO something when I hit that 0.Xs window for parry WHICH if I miss (latency - i miss alot sometimes even though i 150% clicked) I get hit by light/heavy or combo

Not worth it in the slightest, ONLY if they are close otherwise its pointless

Arekonator
02-19-2017, 12:24 AM
One bar is 20% worth of her HP. If you have consistent problem with parry because latency issues (and not only sometimes when you meet high ping guy) then i sugest getting beter than potato internet and blaming your conectivity issues on the game. I am not saying the game is 100% fine with no issues because thats really not the case, but you gotta draw the line somewhere, and this is really just "git gud" and possibly also "stop being poor" issue.