PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi - out of place / not belonging in this game

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 10:16 PM
Simply put a hero with highest range (invulneability to grabs from parrys pretty much), absurd dmg, safe combos, safe initaition, 60%+ hp down in a single parry FREE AUTO HITTING ATTACKS - SHOULD NOT HAVE Poison + FULL GUARD + Hidden stance IT BOGGLES MY MIND that she has full guard, there is objectively no reason for that.
In the least she should have reflex guard or something of the sort so she is not immune to continuous attacks.

No matter If I take warden on conqueror a nobushi with 5 hours INTO THE F UCKING GAME should consitently beat warden/conq that has over 70 :D (and no git gud crap you can keep for yourself becasue you are just wrong end of story)
I tried ****ing everything - pushing her into corner, feint into GB I got her on last bar and then ONE MISTAKE (which is not really a mistake she dodges my shoudler bash FINALLY) and she just kills me :) Yes fun and interactive gameplay

Dont get me wrong I CAN KILL HER, what I dont get WHY do WE need to work SO hard to get her down while she has soooooooo many get out of jail free cards - essentialy its rage inducing and infuriating to lose a objectively lesser player because his character deals so much damage in such a short span with so SAFE options...

This is not A rant that nobushi is unbeatable or that she doesnt have counters THIS is a rant ABOUT her having too many TOO good tools at her disposal that just doesnt make any sense.

Straight up nerf is not what I seek, I seek a complete rethinking of her kit - startign with removign bleed (absolutely no reason for her to have it) and changing that her passive would deal more damage longer she was unblocked or something of that sort.
ITs really fun to go agaisnt her with 2 abrs of health and then you suddenly lose them with one poke .. fun and interactive

TO sum it up, OP category can be easily explained by a formula - Effort -> Results and as it is right now NOOBushi requires verry little to achieve absurdly much, and in higher play its so much more infuriating when I see the guy didnt parry a single hit, didnt counter GB as well as I did but because he needs 3 hits to kill me and I need 6 its just all in his/her favor and there is nothing I can bring that down.
Makes me want to leave the game and play something else even thought I sank so much time already

(and yes I train against ****ing lvl 3 bots if you wanted to go high and mighty and say that I didnt try it and thats why Iam losign against them - same problems as with people just a little bit harder nothing else)

GreenRanger XI
02-18-2017, 10:21 PM
1. It's a bleed, not poison.
2. I can't believe out of all the characters you're complaining about ****ing Nobushi. LOL.

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 10:56 PM
omg, someone pls stop ppl that just started playing the genre posting on this forum. Seriously starts to annoy.

If anything she needs some stance switch time tweaking to keep up with so many match ups that are too hard on her

She is the most punished char of all atm, so don't really she what get out of jail free moves you are talking about, even her block back dodge leaves her having to actively block the rest of the chain.

Go complain about the serious issues that are ruining duel in this game pls.

Lufury
02-18-2017, 10:56 PM
Its interesting, you say u still can kill her so maybe you both just play on the same level? And btw Warden is a pretty decent Counter to Nobushi like Seriously. And if you parry her first attack and stay in close range after that you wont have many Problems. You need to Sidestep her kick thou.

The only thing they could change is that Bleeding does not kill. But I dont think that will happen. Overall I think Nobushi is a good Hero but definitely not OP.

Maybe this helps you: If you have a Bleeding on you from Nobushi then you better play a bit Defence since her Attacks will hurt even more while your bleeding. Would be fatal if you get Guardbreaked into a heavy.

Nobushi no Honor: https://youtu.be/R8that05ezI?t=43s

SeranaEclipse
02-18-2017, 10:58 PM
1. It's a bleed, not poison.
2. I can't believe out of all the characters you're complaining about ****ing Nobushi. LOL.

Maybe he did not read the description for her.

@OP First of all She is not an easy class to play and half the things you mention are just false. Nobushi is my main and the struggle to play her is real. Yes i have reach and a bleed but stamina is low, without that blocking is almost useless and dodging is not easy when fighting against AOE style moves.

All her bleed moves use a lot of stamina or are part of a combo.
Not to mention i have been 1/2 hit by a shog and its stupid unstoppable swing that literally sweeps around them.
I have been killed by many players of all classes if said player knows how to counter my moves. you know there is a big wind up for each attack with Nobushi right? or do you not take the time to watch your opponent?

Johnnybeck.
02-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Main nobushi here, you don't know what you are talking about. She is not even close the most op character in the game. If you are losing this badly is because the other player is better than you. Go practice and stop crying.

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 11:17 PM
No no no and one more time NO!

THe argument - game is out only for 3 days is so re-tarded that I have serious doubts about that persons reasoning - do you think alphas close beta and OB was just for 1 hour? This game is being played for MONTHS now (and its in a verry sorry stage) SO NO argument stop crying cuz the game is new NO ITS NOT - WRONG

TO the mains, I trained alot but if you deny that her burst potential is absurd then you are just biased plain and simple, I may have overeacted that she is ''simple'' to play, Iam sorry that is not the correct statement.

The point stays and NONE of you proved me otherwise, and point is THE AMNOUT OF TOOLS at her disposal.

Put her into the corner is the same stupid argument as THROW HER OFF THE MAP .. what If i told you (que matrix music) that you have this neat ability called dodge that you can EASILY use to sidestep from the edges/walls/dangerous enviroment, maybe once you master this new dodge thingy your nobushi winrate will skyrocket even more.

My main reason for making this post was that YES if you put nobushi IN THE MOST DISADVANTAGEOUS SITUATION POSSIBLE you will win -BUT unless there are no handy pitfalls, spikes, fire, edges or walls her REACH (and flexibility sneak in Mass effect joke WHICH actually fits really well :D) absurd damage nukes worth of moba gamesand overall kit make this the most infuriating, frustrating and straight up unfair fight in some matchups (dont get me wrong she is not the most OP - that mostly depends on what you are playing, what level you are on etc)

BUT taken in just a vacuum she is 100% in the top 3 the most infuriating (cheap) enemies you can meet in 1v1 or 2v2 (4v4 are essentaily a different game cuz of gear and feats).
YOU WILL not convince me that doing 60% of somebody health in one combo just because the guy had the audacity to attack 1st (and nobushi parried) OR she just grabbed you :D IS NOT CHEAP (considering you have 0.1-2 seconds to dodge the flying double kick which if we take the "server" latency is borderline impossible)

Iam not saying you are bad people or something for playing her, or that you are intentionally playing her to jerk off your ego NO Iam saying she is in a broken state, completely different league than most other characters (and galaxy different league compared to other 2 hybrids)

JackInZbox
02-18-2017, 11:27 PM
No. another nobushi main here. if you lose 60% of your hp in one nobushi combo you are not being attacked by just one combo. you are taking a lot of hits because you cant parry/guard break counter ot w/e the nobushi is doing. not to mention dodging to the sides is a seriously big counter to a lot of nobushi moves and since her attacks are fairly slow it's really not that hard to play against.

Godsplitter1991
02-18-2017, 11:33 PM
I don't understand some people. I never get mad when I play this game. Every loss and every win is a learning experience. Nobushi is not broken by any means. Literally, all you have to do is get in her face and keep pressure on her and she can't do much. She dominates when you're out of reach. So get within reach of her.

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 11:35 PM
No. another nobushi main here. if you lose 60% of your hp in one nobushi combo you are not being attacked by just one combo. you are taking a lot of hits because you cant parry/guard break counter ot w/e the nobushi is doing. not to mention dodging to the sides is a seriously big counter to a lot of nobushi moves and since her attacks are fairly slow it's really not that hard to play against.

It goes like this - she starts with a GB (doesnt amtter if its from parry or normal) that follows into attack names that I dont know by hearth (usualy the 3 stab) adn then into flying kick which is in the current state of servers atleast for me undodgeable (i dont have footage with my input in the corner yet but iam working on it) that follow into another attacks. 2 attacks are auto free unblockable hits THAT DEAL BONUS DMG CUZ REASONS (bleed). At no point during this combo my character can block or parry (it is greyed out, almsot black) IT ENDS with 60% of my life gone including bleeding, and it all was possible because of ONE uncountered GUARD BREAK ... do you know what I can do if you dont counter my GB as a warden? I can give you one side heavy thats it (if iam incredibily lcuky you are near a wall and I can top heavy which is till maybe 1/3 of what you did)

Iam not saying its easy to pull off, or that it takes no skill .. but it IS there and once it starts and you dotn dodge the flying kick (and as I mentioned, the servers jsut dont allow this for me even though i have 90 mbit connection and iam not a wifi) you are in a world of hurt

ANd thats just one thing he can make, she has absurdly fast attacks, she stacks bleeding just on a simple attack and gets BONUS dmg for hiting a bleeding enemy :D .. the list goes on and on and on

I tired the combo couple of times against lvl 3 bots and I vomited a little when I was how much SAFE punish this char dishes out. But unfortunatelly i hate her gameplay with a passion so I cant abuse it in 1v1 :(

Arekonator
02-18-2017, 11:46 PM
what do you mean burst potential? her damage is fairly low. As warden, your crushing counter is a friend, if you sucessfully counter, it always hits even when she is technically out of range because it sort of sync the characters together, so you can use it to close distance and keep applying pressure. If she never attacks top, then you efectivelly have to defend only two possible directions, which makes closing distance relatively trivial.
I admit she is annoying to play aganist, but as far as opponents go, she is actually one of the easier opponents to deal with.

Lufury
02-18-2017, 11:51 PM
It goes like this - she starts with a GB (doesnt amtter if its from parry or normal) that follows into attack names that I dont know by hearth (usualy the 3 stab) adn then into flying kick which is in the current state of servers atleast for me undodgeable (i dont have footage with my input in the corner yet but iam working on it) that follow into another attacks. 2 attacks are auto free unblockable hits THAT DEAL BONUS DMG CUZ REASONS (bleed). At no point during this combo my character can block or parry (it is greyed out, almsot black) IT ENDS with 60% of my life gone including bleeding, and it all was possible because of ONE uncountered GUARD BREAK ... do you know what I can do if you dont counter my GB as a warden? I can give you one side heavy thats it (if iam incredibily lcuky you are near a wall and I can top heavy which is till maybe 1/3 of what you did)

Iam not saying its easy to pull off, or that it takes no skill .. but it IS there and once it starts and you dotn dodge the flying kick (and as I mentioned, the servers jsut dont allow this for me even though i have 90 mbit connection and iam not a wifi) you are in a world of hurt

ANd thats just one thing he can make, she has absurdly fast attacks, she stacks bleeding just on a simple attack and gets BONUS dmg for hiting a bleeding enemy :D .. the list goes on and on and on

I tired the combo couple of times against lvl 3 bots and I vomited a little when I was how much SAFE punish this char dishes out. But unfortunatelly i hate her gameplay with a passion so I cant abuse it in 1v1 :(

if you get the 3 Stab combo idk what you are doing are u even trying to block anything? And no she has only 1 Unblockable / undodgeable Attack and that attack is the Attack right after her kick Nothing else. It will apply a bleeding thou

TravoltinoSK
02-18-2017, 11:59 PM
Maybe we are playing a different game but I was looking specificaly on my guard and the enitre time she was unloading (while me being warden on conq) I had the guard greyed out so I couldnt block.

Because iam 150% positive iam moving my guard to meet her its just not blocking
SO maybe I was wrong the entire time she is fine but under some circumstances the guard is not working agaisnt her? DUnno but Iam 100% that Iam blocking yet nothing is happening

I know that her 3rd light is free auto hit if 2nd connects, and I know I get 2 of these combos guaranteed after I get GB only once (or she does the heavy top) and the 2nd starts after she flying kicks which as I mentioned is undodgeable with the current latency (in 100% fair enviroment and guard and dodge working as intended she woule be manageable, but as it is right now no matter how the player is bad and knows only 1 combo I cant beat that person - I get them to 1 bar by sheer luck maybe (or cuz they are bad) and then they just unleash and iam done for, or they dont even have to combo hard - light hit here and there and suddenly you drop from full to 1/5, and then its just a question of 1 light attack)

Arekonator
02-19-2017, 12:03 AM
Flying kick is 100% sidestep-able, ESPECIALLY when you know its coming. Maybe there is some issue on your end?

King_.-Crimson
02-19-2017, 12:05 AM
Maybe we are playing a different game but I was looking specificaly on my guard and the enitre time she was unloading (while me being warden on conq) I had the guard greyed out so I couldnt block.

Because iam 150% positive iam moving my guard to meet her its just not blocking
SO maybe I was wrong the entire time she is fine but under some circumstances the guard is not working agaisnt her? DUnno but Iam 100% that Iam blocking yet nothing is happening

This is how I know you haven't even bothered to spend more than 10 minutes looking into nobushi, how she plays, and how to play against her. Just lmao my dude.

TravoltinoSK
02-19-2017, 12:06 AM
Flying kick is 100% sidestep-able, ESPECIALLY when you know its coming. Maybe there is some issue on your end?

I KNOW it is, as any other charge in the game. Never said its purely undodgeable - I said the latency is so bad (purely ubisot fault cuz my net is working fine and NO other game does this - P2P at its finest) that is borderline undodgeable (so many itmes i hit with attack thorugh a guard its not even funny - and i was hit too through a guard, spam the top light as warden and its gonna connect if the luck is on your side)

TravoltinoSK
02-19-2017, 12:08 AM
This is how I know you haven't even bothered to spend more than 10 minutes looking into nobushi, how she plays, and how to play against her. Just lmao my dude.

And now I know that you are a troll that 99.99% mains her and you are going to excuse her ******** even if she one shotted and was the reason people stopped playing :D ****ing fanboyism at its finest

CoyoteXStarrk
02-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Of all the heroes that need tweaking its NOT Nobushi lol

She works EXACTLY as intended.

Allyrion8
02-19-2017, 12:22 AM
I don't even play Nobushi but she's definitely blockable and parryable.

I don't really like how fast some of her light attack mix ups are but they are counterable. You can also punish her pretty hard once you get in range with a parry.

SeranaEclipse
02-19-2017, 12:55 AM
And now I know that you are a troll that 99.99% mains her and you are going to excuse her ******** even if she one shotted and was the reason people stopped playing :D ****ing fanboyism at its finest

You sound like the troll. You have no proof of any of these claims. and are just plain wrong on many counts.
Here in case you forgot what her class is meant to be http://puu.sh/u9nzT/b2179cc101.jpg

Pro tip do not chase a running Nobushi because she will turn around and poke you to death then keep running. as states in her class description.

Also as other players have said, if she is getting the 3 hit combo off on you then you are doing something wrong.

Hidden stance stops stamina re gen and is hard to apply during a fight due to that and only skilled players are able to take full advantage of the short window that stance gives during a fight.

-Waits for a response that is not filled with rage or resentment from being beaten by a better player and has some actual facts or proof to back up the claims made-

P.S Back step works on her kick. her long range running attack that apply's bleed is supposed to be for starting or ending engagements and can be blocked almost as easy as any other attack.

TravoltinoSK
02-19-2017, 01:23 AM
This is something you all dont expect but I was more salty than reasonable, a nice nobushi prestige almost 4 taught me how to fight agaisnt him and in the end I was able to 3/1 him so NOW i finally know HOW the **** to fight her

Sad news is I unistalled the game anyway cuz one duel later I played one of my countrymen and we made fun of how our attacks went through our guards like it wasnt there ALMOST consistently.
Nobushis are not the problem, the game is and it is in UNPLAYABLE state you just dont see it yet (maybe you do idk), game mechanics are centered around spli ****ign decisions yet the response time is several magnitues slower ... Iam literalyl crying right now cuz I dont remeber a game i enoyed so much like the open beta but now it .. it drains so much of my mental state by pure ******** occurences it forced me to do this ... bravo ubisoft.. bravo .. I was this close to buying season pass but now you wont see a single more cent from me until the end of time

Sorry people one more time for being an *** .. enjoy your game and hopefully it will get better
Have a nice and good luck in your fights :)