PDA

View Full Version : Serious question to all ubisoft employees

TripSin.
02-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Watching the credits, there's like a million people who seemingly worked on this game or works for the company. My question is: How can so many people all be so incompetent at one time together? You literally have one job: make a good video game that players enjoy and you, Ubisoft as a whole, **** it up all the time.

It takes way less people to run a cancer center AND THOSE PEOPLE CURE CANCER AND SAVE LIVES. You guys can't even make a friggen video game without pissing a ton of your customers off.

How do you sleep at night?

Edit: In retrospect, cancer center analogy is pretty bad since a lot of people do die from cancer despite treatment.

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Watching the credits, there's like a million people who seemingly worked on this game or works for the company. My question is: How can so many people all be so incompetent at one time together? You literally have one job: make a good video game that players enjoy and you, Ubisoft as a whole, **** it up all the time.

It takes way less people to run a cancer center AND THOSE PEOPLE CURE CANCER AND SAVE LIVES. You guys can't even make a friggen video game without pissing a ton of your customers off.

Edit: In retrospect, cancer center analogy is pretty bad since a lot of people do die from cancer despite treatment.

They are not all going to work on the coding of the game are they.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 08:51 PM
They are not all going to work on the coding of the game are they.

Right, 'cuz that job's apparently reserved for the interns.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Company of Heroes 2 uses P2P too, and disconnection issues were fixed after they worked hard on it.

I think it takes time

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 09:02 PM
I think it takes time

Which they don't really have right now.

~85000 players at European prime time right now. We had more in the betas, let alone launch. People are already jumping ship and the Steam reviews are just brutal.

Yohei_Mito
02-18-2017, 09:03 PM

completely agree with you. This already seems a joke, a joke, I imagine them all with their feet on their desks. I should not have that image in my mind .... a shame.

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Right, 'cuz that job's apparently reserved for the interns.

The person in the thread made it seem like the 100 or so people in the credits can't make a game together, but there will only be around 5 people who actually do the coding, not sure what you thought I meant so, yeah..

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Which they don't really have right now.

~85000 players at European prime time right now. We had more in the betas, let alone launch. People are already jumping ship and the Steam reviews are just brutal.

Given the high amount of both negative reviews and current online players, I believe this game has really high potential to be a success if their employees stop slacking around and actually propose something useful for the company

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Given the high amount of both negative reviews and current online players, I believe this game has really high potential to be a success if their employees stop slacking around and actually propose something useful for the company

Like ditching potato2potato and going for dedicated servers as everyone with half a brain already told them to? That ship has sailed.

The initial impression is the best shot you'll ever get these days and they screwed up royally. People usually don't give games a second chance, see Evolve or Wildstar.

Worlcianz
02-18-2017, 09:21 PM
I actually believe it's harder to make a good game than cure cancer.

Gumavarie
02-18-2017, 09:26 PM
I actually believe it's harder to make a good game than cure cancer.

Don't say stupid things.

Three_Moons
02-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Aaaand they just closed the Customer Service chat lines. Holy c**p. Wow. Bad.