PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mode broken.

Oddyseus-
02-18-2017, 08:36 PM
Opening this thread in hopes others will agree with me right now. Dominion is one of my most favored game modes in For Honor, but I'm honestly about to stop playing it all together because of revenge more gear. When people put all their gear stats into revenge mode gain, duration and damage, and when they can even get it in a 1v1 is bull. In my opinion revenge mode shouldn't be a stat to be upgraded it should be only a base stat that can't be touched by gear or any other means, balanced between every class and use that empty stat slot for a class personal stat instead.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 09:02 PM
Opening this thread in hopes others will agree with me right now. Dominion is one of my most favored game modes in For Honor, but I'm honestly about to stop playing it all together because of revenge more gear. When people put all their gear stats into revenge mode gain, duration and damage, and when they can even get it in a 1v1 is bull. In my opinion revenge mode shouldn't be a stat to be upgraded it should be only a base stat that can't be touched by gear or any other means, balanced between every class and use that empty stat slot for a class personal stat instead.

enemy wont get it in 1v1 if you play properly by giving room for enemy to breath.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 09:08 PM
enemy wont get it in 1v1 if you play properly by giving room for enemy to breath.

I disagree with this. I have fought a warlord 1v1 where in the first 15seconds of a fight he has his revenge. 3 blocks is all it took. This could me something wrong with the actual class though, as he is the only one ive seen that can revenge as quickly and frequently.

TestO...
02-18-2017, 09:14 PM
yup it was happening alot today, like i go 1v1 with some guy, he blocks 3-4 times and gets revenge..

Aidie2005
02-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Yup if they are using the Revenged mode gain by defense, you can quickly get a full revenge meter. I agree that it should be an untouched base stat BUT its also a build that can be used. Revenge mode Attack stat shouldn't be a thing though, it should be a flatline percentage that increases incrementally the closer the revenge mode gets to running out. This way if you stack revenge mode duration it means you get a higher percentagr on the attack as it starts draining giving you a chance to deal with pesky ganking situations.

I am glad you can GB a revenge mode player though, first time i saw revenge mode, i thought to myself "i bet that makes him immune to GB" luckily it didnt.

I think revenge mode should be used as a life line and not a playstyle.

Blackball8
02-18-2017, 10:01 PM
Once you play the game more you will understand how to deal with the revenge mode mechanic. I would have posted what the OP said based on my first 2 days of closed beta, but then you learn what you are doing wrong. Ganging up on a guy and having multiple players attack him is not team play. Guard break and crowd control are your friends. You can even use the environment to rid yourself of a glowing god.