PDA

View Full Version : For the love of god please do not put gb/gbc back to how it was in beta

YungHeadshots
02-18-2017, 08:19 PM
if the enemy parried you, you can't tech it.
if you're spamming guardbreak, you won't tech it.
press the button the instant he puts his hands on you, youll know hes about to gb when a very obviously telegraphed shield pops up on the other guy

stop spamming attacks or commands and teching guardbreaks becomes so much easier.

it's really easy once you practice enough.

You can also complain a lot and ubisoft will make the game easier and have less depth

YungHeadshots
02-18-2017, 08:22 PM
go read again what they fix..

"Currently you canít counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be returned to the previous behavior seen in the Beta."

What do I not understand?

PackingMoney
02-18-2017, 08:24 PM
"Currently you canít counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be returned to the previous behavior seen in the Beta."

So why do you not want it back to the beta form then?

Lufury
02-18-2017, 08:26 PM
dude its a roll the dice right now if youre doing it the same time.

Currently you canít counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. Read this over and over and rethink why u made that topic^^

Funeragon
02-18-2017, 08:35 PM
if the enemy parried you, you can't tech it.

Already the case right now.
Both of the gb are useless anyway, way so easy to tech.

Aeecto
02-18-2017, 08:36 PM
"Currently you can’t counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be returned to the previous behavior seen in the Beta."

you said it yourself !!!

in all gamemodes except duell it doesnīt work because of the network issues if 1 guy laggs the entire lobby.
you can hit the perfect moment and it still doesnt work.
in duells it works perfect, though.

they simply fix it so it works "again"!

YungHeadshots
02-20-2017, 07:14 PM
This change is going to ruin the game I can see it now.

Good players can ALREADY GBC ON REACTION

This change is going to make it TOO easy

It will NOT save you. You will NEVER EVER be able to GB ANYONE after this change. Bad players will get it 50% of the time and good players will get it 100% since there will no longer be room for error, This does nothing but lower the skill ceiling

PiccardsFlute
02-20-2017, 07:27 PM
GB is so powerful right now there is no reason to do anything else. you have to be able to punish the people that spam it and it is almost impossible in its current iteration. You are the only one I have heard argue it this way. most players want it to be a balanced mechanic not the end all be all. No move should be the go to, they should all be used to get you the best fight, not just spam GB over and over and over. Which is 90% of the players I play against.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
02-20-2017, 07:33 PM
He just does not get it.

YungHeadshots
02-20-2017, 07:44 PM
GB is so powerful right now there is no reason to do anything else. you have to be able to punish the people that spam it and it is almost impossible in its current iteration. You are the only one I have heard argue it this way. most players want it to be a balanced mechanic not the end all be all. No move should be the go to, they should all be used to get you the best fight, not just spam GB over and over and over. Which is 90% of the players I play against.

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM PUNISHING PEOPLE THAT SPAM IT

Break it or swing a light attack through it! It is BALANCED

It feels JUST like playing breaking a throw in fighting games

YungHeadshots
02-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Confirmed... TC did not play the beta. it worked fine in the beta AND it was actually possible to counter them on reaction, instead of just a roll of the dice.

I got prestige 3 in open beta. In OB you could just Mash GB when you saw the shield and call it a day. The GBC is NOT a dice roll in the live version. I get it with 100% consistency

Sugaroverdose
02-20-2017, 08:00 PM

It will NOT save you. You will NEVER EVER be able to GB ANYONE after this change. Bad players will get it 50% of the time and good players will get it 100% since there will no longer be room for error, This does nothing but lower the skill ceilingGood players do not exploit stupidly broken mechanics for easy unbreakable combo on orochi

Waynedetta40k
02-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Its easy to counter guard breaks.
Ill invite you to come at me and gb spam me all day i show you how its countered send me pm.
I live in europe in case you are from usa its properly not working.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 09:43 PM

It will NOT save you. You will NEVER EVER be able to GB ANYONE after this change. Bad players will get it 50% of the time and good players will get it 100% since there will no longer be room for error, This does nothing but lower the skill ceiling

No room for error ------> Just based in skill

GB right now --------> 50% luck 50% skill

Plz go read the changelog, it seems you dont understand what the problem is.

Luck should NEVER be a factor in a game with such high skill ceiling, and no it dont decrease it, at all (bad grabbers still get caught, just a really little % of people in high elo will counter grab almost all the time)

MapleBeaver69
02-20-2017, 09:47 PM
@ the OP:

Guard break as it currently is = Having to hit a small window just after the guard break animation touches you.

The problem: Due to latency and network issues, that tiny window gets smaller and because you have to hit it as a REACTION currently, you are going to miss a lot.

How it was in beta = You could see the guard break coming as you get to know how people play and preemptively hit the button. This way you're going to make the window of when the other person is guard breaking. Its not a reaction AFTER its happened as its too late. You know its coming and can hit it just as its about to happen. At least that's a good temporary fix until they figure out what to do about Guard Break in general.

Honestly, guard break is ruining the game as its the only move that can 1 hit kill someone.