PDA

View Full Version : raider best weapon stat?

isthil89
02-18-2017, 07:03 PM
As raider what is the best stats to have on your weapon head at heroic 18 attack, defense or stamina ?

TheEpicRage
02-18-2017, 08:45 PM
I'd go for attack with defense as the second stat, if it's a 1v1 you should put the hurt on them pretty quick and if it's a Xv1 I've geared for high revenge generation and you have unlimited stamina during that.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 08:57 PM
As raider what is the best stats to have on your weapon head at heroic 18 attack, defense or stamina ?

Your best stat is to reroll Warden. Seriously, I don't think Raider's viable in competitive play. He might be a Raider, but apparently he's not really legendary outside of the campaign.

If you really wanna keep playing the Raider, go for attack damage, stamina regeneration, revenge mode gain and duration. In that particular order. Also never ever get throw distance. Keep that stat as low as humanly possible.

IamheiN
02-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Your best stat is to reroll Warden. Seriously, I don't think Raider's viable in competitive play. He might be a Raider, but apparently he's not really legendary.

If you really wanna keep playing the Raider, go for attack damage, stamina regeneration, revenge mode gain and duration. In that particular order. Also never ever get throw distance. Keep that stat as low as humanly possible.

Why the hate to throw distance?

TheEpicRage
02-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Your best stat is to reroll Warden. Seriously, I don't think Raider's viable in competitive play. He might be a Raider, but apparently he's not really legendary outside of the campaign.

Yeah I main the raider and have like a 90% or so winrate with him at rep 3 in 1v1 and you REALLY have to work for the wins when you go up against high skill opponents, hell if they know how to party there go your heavy attacks unless you throw them into a wall.

Buuuut I play him because I like the whole huge badass Viking cleaving with a greataxe and throwing people left and right.

Plus I'm holding onto hope they do a little work on him like they are doing for the Valkyrie.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Why the hate to throw distance?

Because you'll throw them out of range and instead of getting a free attack in, you'll merely stand there like a tool.

Devil_Inside85
02-18-2017, 09:48 PM
What's the purpose of a throw for Raider? If you're not throwing off a ledge, then there is no point to throw. Just hit with a light attack right after a GB.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 09:55 PM
What's the purpose of a throw for Raider? If you're not throwing off a ledge, then there is no point to throw. Just hit with a light attack right after a GB.

Your grab after guardbreak allows you to throw people off their feet. If you throw them too far away, you're out of range for a free attack. There's more to throwing than just ledges and hazards.

Devil_Inside85
02-19-2017, 02:05 AM
Cant you hit the enemy right after a GB?

Varicose_Veins
02-19-2017, 02:12 AM

I used to think that until watching True Talent go Raider on Twitch last night.

Same day as he used it for the first time, he was beating a variety of top MMR players. He didn't claim the Raider was powerful, but he thinks it is very viable as a duelling/brawling option.

His videos are on YouTube. The Raider ones will probably be there in a few hours.

forrest0755
02-19-2017, 02:30 AM
I play as Raider, because I enjoy the challenge. Any one can play as Peace Keeper and just keep doding and hitting people. Its harder to have a good KDA when your range of motion is limited, and your stanima is low.

isthil89
02-19-2017, 10:36 AM
i play well with raider in 4v4 modes and im thinking would stam be better over defense