PDA

View Full Version : State of the game

kierencoles
02-18-2017, 06:50 PM
I don't honestly think I've ever had the pleasure of playing a game so broken in so many different ways at the launch in my life, in less than a week there is almost no diversity in character choice, it always either a berserker who can only dodge to the side 15,000 times because of the ridiculous amount of stamina where on the other hand the lawbringer can do 3 attacks then have no stamina, the meta for this game already is to hit once then gb and heavy, which you cant dodge or block with some characters because they react faster than others. There is essentially no reason in this game at the minute to want to play as any other characters besides the orochi, PK and the berserker. guard break has been completely ruined, they've taken a game that required you to have good reflexes for certain things and dumbed it down, what was the point in ubisoft developing the "art of battle" system for this game when the main way that people fight is to abuse the bugs like continuous gb or the dodging mechanic and lest we forgot about the incredible servers which equate to almost nothing at the moment due to them kicking you out of a game or being in a fight and still getting hit even after you've blocked the attack or even still not blocking at all because it takes 12 years for your character to change stance.

I was really looking forward to this game from the moment i saw it unveiled at E3, the beta although to begin with I got frustrated at because I didn't have the hang of it i quickly started to enjoy once i had things down like the cgb and parrying and almost on the moment of playing the full game i noticed that the reaction speeds of things had slowed down and after playing even more now i don't think i've ever been as disappointed by a game. I know people will say that they'll fix it eventually or that I just need to get good and learn it but the point is that they still changed a game from the position it was in 2 days before launch to something very different and the proper fixes, the ones that will alter the game more and the balances who knows when they will come, it took the division nearly 3 months to sort out a lot of the issues with the state of the game. anyway, rant over, it would be nice to know if some people share my opinions.

GreenRanger XI
02-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Agree, there are many issues and the biggest at the moment for me is environment hazards that let **** players get easy wins and the guard-break system that is impossible to counter in certain scenarios.

Aidie2005
02-18-2017, 07:42 PM
I agree with alot of your points.

I play PK and Warden. PK is currently bugged though.

My main issue is the guard break spam that seems to be all over the game atm. I was playing a 2v2 last night with a friend, went up against a kensei and valkryie, kensei was just repetively spamming GB and then Heavy. There needs to be sort of cool down on guard break or if a player gets GB more then twice with in like 5 seconds then a buff should be applied that makes the player immune to gb for a few seconds or maybe give more ways to actually counter a gb, yes you can counter GB but due to laggy *** matches and each hero havinf a different GB speed the window to actually counter GB becomes tedious.

Ok pk i only gb to apply my 3 stab bled which atm the damage is bugged making it do significantly lower bleed damage, the 3 stab needed abit of a nerf anyway but not to the point where it only does like half a block of bleed damage.

Also just now i have played 5 matches, 4 out of 5 of those matches everyone ended up getting kicked off back to the main menu.

Honestly before they do anything thst need rectify the server issues, its very irritating playing a match, one guy leaves and it ends up doing that "Recovering connection" crap with a 60% chance of getting booted.

At this point in time i honestly feel like an idiot for buying another ubisoft game after the disaster called The Division and AC unity.

JackKerras
02-18-2017, 07:52 PM
As soon as the next patch rolls out and Guard Break has been fixed to some degree, it should be much better.

Right now, it's not working as intended, so you should see a return to normal functionality on the next go-round; it was MUCH easier to deal with in beta.

Panzerpug
02-18-2017, 07:58 PM
The biggest problem imo with this game is you need pin point accurate timing on a game over the internet on a P2P client. The window for action/reaction needs to be opened up a bit to account for lag if they insist on P2P servers. Dedicated servers would help but it isn't going to happen as they are going to hoard the money on the first of a new IP to justify a sequel. I'm sure you've seen the videos of people blocking in time to counter a hit but the internet/P2P can't handle that kind of mili-second accuracy which becomes a built in design flaw in a heavy PvP game.

You have about .25 of a second to react which is usually doable by almost all people, not a problem. Then you add in 120 ms ping times which has been reported on same the same network which would be their best time so in reality to 99% of people playing it will be worse than that. Plus add in TV/monitor lag and possible wireless joystick input lag you've cut that response time to less than half of the .25 seconds. Which makes the game only playable by exceptional people with insane reflexes or mongooses.

kierencoles
02-18-2017, 08:00 PM
I know exactly how you feel, I can understand the guard break mechanic if its part of your combos like the lawbringer who because of the slow as **** attacks anyway kind of relies on the gb then flip, but its infuriating to have a bererker or orochi that can win without the gb to heavy spam, one of my biggest annoyance is the speed at which characters heavy attacks attack, the LB hits hard but far too slow most of the time, you barely get to hit a heavy because it can be easily blocked whereas someone like the PK or nobushi can hit so fast with it, even the kensei heavy is quite fast considering the size of the weapon, its probably faster than the warden or the conquerors heavy. the time between attacks for some characters needs some serious consideration because its unfair to have some characters hit so fast to the point where you can't block them and then others who can't hit because the attacks have a long wind up time and time in between strikes.

Ubisoft in my opinion isn't far away from EA when it comes to terms of quality and overall satisfaction, the main game EA does right is BF even that has bugs, Ubisoft has done well with rainbow six but the time that it takes them to address issues in games is just depressing at times, it will take at least a few weeks until its some semblance of a balanced game and by that point I bet a lot of the player base will have just given up because of the grind and spam. i just hope they sort it out, not just the game breaking issues but also the quality of life issues, such as the pathetic amount of steel you get and the in fairness small amounts of xp.

JackKerras
02-18-2017, 08:01 PM
As soon as the next patch rolls out and Guard Break has been fixed to some degree, it should be much better.

Right now, it's not working as intended, so you should see a return to normal functionality on the next go-round; it was MUCH easier to deal with in beta.

Hackfraysn
02-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Agree, there are many issues and the biggest at the moment for me is environment hazards that let **** players get easy wins and the guard-break system that is impossible to counter in certain scenarios.

Come on dude, I personally LOVE environmental hazards. They reward intelligent positioning, quick thinking and decision making - something I miss in a lot of games. They just need to fix the broken guardbreak, which they're already working on anyway.

Now the real issues are p2p and the brutal, horrible matchmaking that makes any new player quit altogether before thy even bother or delve deeper into this game, the characters and the mechanics. It's still a pretty good game - it just launched as a beta...in a worse state than the actual betas.

The_B0G_
02-19-2017, 01:25 AM
I main lawbringer, and while you are at a disadvantage to never ending assassin dodges, his stamina problem can be fixed through gear optimization.

Side dodge with spin attack spam is pretty overused in assassin classes, it needs to start using stamina to dodge.

My second most used hero is Beserker and his side dodge spin attack is pretty ridiculous, I don't like using beserker because its too easy, I never play duels but did yesterday for the contracts; I played the first duel with lawbringer and died to a light spaming dodging PK, so I picked me Beserker and won ten in a row easily.

Only time it went to the 5th round was against a really good Orochi player, that fight was down to the last hit, both of us almost dead it was actually really intense and fun.

Only other assassins can compete with a good assassin player IMO. They are too fast, too much stamina, too much damage. I play lawbringer because I like to parry and he's difficult to use.