PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of parry?

MeetYaMaster
02-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Why I should go through the extra effort of parrying an attack with Peacekeeper when i can dodge most attacks with dashing thrust? Parry requires more effort with timing and if it fails i'm losing the fight. After i parry, the enemy gets pushed back so i have to move in closer to follow up which can easily be blocked compared to the speed of dashing thrust + deep gouge. Just makes no sense, more effort for less payout.

Is it just for a bit of breathing room? Is it just something you do when you don't have the stamina to dodge?

Funeragon
02-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Parry = free gb, what's more, u can feint parry if the opponents feinted, but u can't feint dodge >>>> free gb or parry for the opponent

Devil_Inside85
02-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Makes no sense for Raider, since he can't land a Heavy neither after a parry, neither after a gb, neither after a throw, neither after a throw into a wall.

trikster77
02-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Makes no sense for Raider, since he can't land a Heavy neither after a parry, neither after a gb, neither after a throw, neither after a throw into a wall.

Gb into wall is a free side heavy and after a GB very good chance to land zone attack if your quick.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 05:35 PM

His unblockable zone attack is a guaranteed hit though. Also, parrying diminishes the attackers stamina.

Devil_Inside85
02-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Gb into wall is a free side heavy and after a GB very good chance to land zone attack if your quick.
Heavy attack never worked for me.
Zone attack is pretty weak

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 05:58 PM
Why I should go through the extra effort of parrying an attack with Peacekeeper when i can dodge most attacks with dashing thrust? Parry requires more effort with timing and if it fails i'm losing the fight. After i parry, the enemy gets pushed back so i have to move in closer to follow up which can easily be blocked compared to the speed of dashing thrust + deep gouge. Just makes no sense, more effort for less payout.

Is it just for a bit of breathing room? Is it just something you do when you don't have the stamina to dodge?

Parryng guarantees a free gb on everyone(except nobushi,but don't let me say what I think about her).When you parry someone,press the gb button just like you do after you land a heavy to get the light.On pk now effectively isn't worth,since her three stab combo is bugged and only one stab count for the game.But when they'll fix this bug,parryng someone will always guarantee more damage than a side heavy.