PDA

View Full Version : Ganking has Gotten out of Hand

Rane256
02-18-2017, 05:18 PM
First of all, before the "its for honor, not with honor hur dur dur" kids come rolling through, I am not saying ganking needs to be taken out of the game. But your logic is fundamentally flawed.

Fact: 97% of ganking players are GARBAGE in a 1v1 fight. They simply cannot beat you. They will therefore run in a pack, making attack a cluster, or they will run away the second you wreck them, boring you. This is extended when the last player alive on a team of executed people grabs boots and then just runs away for five minutes. Why?

Ganking is cancerous in this game for two reasons. First there is the obvious: In a 2 v 1 fight, many of us come out on top anyway. In a 3 v 1, we can maybe, MAYBE, defend ourselves long enough for a counter gank. But when the entire enemy team is attacking you at once, don't you DARE pretend that revenge will stop you from getting slaughtered.

The second reason ganking is stupid is less obvious: There is nothing more annoying than being in a solid 1v1 fight in this game, only to have your team run up out of nowhere and ruin your combo. If you get hit by friendly damage, your combo stops. If the target takes a hit from a friendly mid combo, the combo stops. Not only that, but if its just ONE teammate ganking for no reason, then BOOM the target has revenge, where they were once one shot, and they might actually kill both of you. Ganking is a strategy, yes, but it is hardly a good one.

Lastly, the fact that ganking as a defense causes people to run away is absolute garbage. I cannot tell you how many fights I have had where I am destroying a player who promptly runs away. Doesn't matter what game mode it is. I get it. Losing sucks. GIT GUD. "Just don't follow them you idiot hur dur dur" well no, actually, I often have no choice but to follow them, because they may run off to gank one of my teammates. "Just play the 1v1 duel mode you ***" so, if my friends are all online, screw that, play 1v1? No. Screw YOU.

In conclusion, if you made it through the text wall, don't take ganking out. Let the trash players do what they do best. But do us one favor: If popping revenge knocks someone down and you hit them with a strong attack, it should be an instakill with no revive. Lets see how many people gank THEN.

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 05:25 PM
First of all, before the "its for honor, not with honor hur dur dur" kids come rolling through, I am not saying ganking needs to be taken out of the game. But your logic is fundamentally flawed.

Fact: 97% of ganking players are GARBAGE in a 1v1 fight. They simply cannot beat you. They will therefore run in a pack, making attack a cluster, or they will run away the second you wreck them, boring you. This is extended when the last player alive on a team of executed people grabs boots and then just runs away for five minutes. Why?

Ganking is cancerous in this game for two reasons. First there is the obvious: In a 2 v 1 fight, many of us come out on top anyway. In a 3 v 1, we can maybe, MAYBE, defend ourselves long enough for a counter gank. But when the entire enemy team is attacking you at once, don't you DARE pretend that revenge will stop you from getting slaughtered.

The second reason ganking is stupid is less obvious: There is nothing more annoying than being in a solid 1v1 fight in this game, only to have your team run up out of nowhere and ruin your combo. If you get hit by friendly damage, your combo stops. If the target takes a hit from a friendly mid combo, the combo stops. Not only that, but if its just ONE teammate ganking for no reason, then BOOM the target has revenge, where they were once one shot, and they might actually kill both of you. Ganking is a strategy, yes, but it is hardly a good one.

Lastly, the fact that ganking as a defense causes people to run away is absolute garbage. I cannot tell you how many fights I have had where I am destroying a player who promptly runs away. Doesn't matter what game mode it is. I get it. Losing sucks. GIT GUD. "Just don't follow them you idiot hur dur dur" well no, actually, I often have no choice but to follow them, because they may run off to gank one of my teammates. "Just play the 1v1 duel mode you ***" so, if my friends are all online, screw that, play 1v1? No. Screw YOU.

In conclusion, if you made it through the text wall, don't take ganking out. Let the trash players do what they do best. But do us one favor: If popping revenge knocks someone down and you hit them with a strong attack, it should be an instakill with no revive. Lets see how many people gank THEN.

Dude, did you know there is a mode called duel? Constant 1v1, no buffs and ganking? You should try it out.

x LethalNoodle
02-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Practice what you preach. Compliment others who do. Inspire people. That's the only way.

RickHolt
02-18-2017, 05:40 PM
It's funny how you're acknowledging that they're not very good at 1v1 yet slating them for using an alternative tactic. It sounds like they are better at adapting their tactics than you are.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Totally agree with the op.I do only some matches of elimination(for the quest and the steel),so you can avoid the "go back to 1v1" excuse,since that is yet my main game mode.It's pretty sad to see people just group and kill those than in a 1v1 would wreck them.Sad,but understandable,since 90% of them has the childish mind set of winning at any cost,without ever think to improve.Personally,I refuse to interrupt duels,and if the enemy comes to 3v1 me,I just run.Wanna play as you want and gank me?Cool,I'll play how I want and run for 5 mins.Gl catching an assassin with speed boost.At least this will make them pissed off.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Totally agree with the op.I do only some matches of elimination(for the quest and the steel),so you can avoid the "go back to 1v1" excuse,since that is yet my main game mode.It's pretty sad to see people just group and kill those than in a 1v1 would wreck them.Sad,but understandable,since 90% of them has the childish mind set of winning at any cost,without ever think to improve.Personally,I refuse to interrupt duels,and if the enemy comes to 3v1 me,I just run.Wanna play as you want and gank me?Cool,I'll play how I want and run for 5 mins.Gl catching an assassin with speed boost.At least this will make them pissed off.

Why not play 1v1 if you want 1v1? that's absurd.

Like asking 1v1 in a 5v5 NBA basketball game. You are very funny

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 06:52 PM
Dude, did you know there is a mode called duel? Constant 1v1, no buffs and ganking? You should try it out.

Give him a break. Sometimes you just wanna have some fun and play a lagrer scale mode. I too think the ganking in dominion got out of hand, rendering the whole mode pointless. They should make something that punishes gangbnging on people.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Why not play 1v1 if you want 1v1? that's absurd.

Like asking 1v1 in a 5v5 NBA basketball game. You are very funny

I yet said that:I mainly play 1v1,the only times I play 4v4 is to get more steel for the daily quests.It's like to say why you go to work if you prefer to stay at home:doing what you like to do isn't always the best way to earn money.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 07:12 PM
You are right. But if you got work, and behave as you stayed at home, and whine that people are working then you are ******* right? You go to 4v4(work) and you play like 1v1(home) and you whine that people are playing 4v4 as a team. Well. I got bad news for ya.

I whine because I don't find work as fun as home,simply as that.And I don't think that the people that spend 3 minutes just chasing me till the time ends are happy to do that.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 07:20 PM
So everyone should be staying home cause you dont like to work? Well and you were saying earlier something about millennials, thanks god its not common cause we would have economic crysis ? Stop, now. You are ridiculing yourself.

Where I said something against millenials?I said that is childish to have an attitude that is focussed about only the victory,when only the 1% of the gamer playerbase(those that play in esport teams) have a legit raison to play only to win.
Then,why everyone should stay at home?It's not a secret that many would stay at home if they could have the possibility.When you don't have it,you go at work,thinking only at when you can go back home.It's not like forcing people to do something means that they have to enjoy it.

Aidie2005
02-18-2017, 07:21 PM
I hate ganking, absolutely despise it. Problem is if i want to level at a faster rate i need to do dominion because 1V1s and 2V2s give lower exp because obviously the matches can end up being fairly short. The amount of times ive been ganked by a law bringer using that annoying halberd charge and then pushed into a group of players for the gank to begin is just silly.

Dominion everyone knows is a gank fest, you cant 1v1 in dominion, well you can but its rare you get decent allys and enemies that wont actually gank you or the enemy.

Like i was saying to a friend i think this game needs an Arena mode, where winner stays on and then players not fighting at that point in time can spectate until its their turn. Obviously long win strikes should give more exp and steel. Abit like how Mortal Kombat X, king of the hill game mode works.

I also think it needs a siege mode where its a back and forth push, defenders have start outside the castle defending the outer walls, the attackers need to capture 2 points to oush the defenders into the castle, which then the defenders need to defend the inner court yard and stop defenders breaking through the front gates etc.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 07:37 PM
I yet said that:I mainly play 1v1,the only times I play 4v4 is to get more steel for the daily quests.It's like to say why you go to work if you prefer to stay at home:doing what you like to do isn't always the best way to earn money.

1v1 gear stats is off, what's your steel for?

Jadarok
02-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Give him a break. Sometimes you just wanna have some fun and play a lagrer scale mode. I too think the ganking in dominion got out of hand, rendering the whole mode pointless. They should make something that punishes gangbnging on people.

They did, they called it Revenge Mode :-/

But seriously, part of the game is to know when to retreat to avoid those ganks. Just like in any other game. Getting 2v1 or 4v1ed is supposed to mean you are dead.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 07:38 PM
1v1 gear stats is off, what's your steel for?

Emotes and executions.Especially the executions are pretty expensive.

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 07:51 PM

I understand but thinking like that is selfish. Now you want to forbid everyone to play as a team and make every mode a duel? That would be boring and pointless.
Besides there are ppl who actually enjoys facing multiple enemies at once (including me). Just to have a challenge and satisfaction if u succeed to kill someone.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Emotes and executions.Especially the executions are pretty expensive.

"the only times I play 4v4 is to get more steel for the daily quests"

what's the hurry to get the steel for those? it's not changing the 1v1 game in any way except cosmetic

That's like saying to forbid "double team" in NBA games.

Mathonn
02-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Translation "I don't want to, know how to, or have a team to, play as a team."

You don't enter the battlefield alone, stop trying to play like it. And the mere suggestion of buffing revenge mode is laughable; imagine the endless whining about how OP it would be then.

It is not the other team's fault that you are not on the same page as your team.

This community needs to stop whining about how others play in hopes of erasing the need to play as a team and start being a community that actually wants to play together and helps build a better team to play with.

Supersomething
02-18-2017, 08:26 PM
This type of behavior will persist anyway. If you're in a team match of any type you're putting yourself at a disadvantage to not help your team mate, especially if you are unable to take a certain class in a 1v1. What's the upside to being polite and waiting for your partner to finish their fight, possibly lose and then have you lose the round or match if that is the case? A momentary chance to fight someone and maybe learn something? At the end of the day this is a game and people play games to win primarily. If you are that much against ganking then stay in 1v1's because that is the only way to insure that a gank will never occur, or do 2v2's with a buddy, but you still have to rely on the good faith of the other team to not interfere if your buddy loses. In team game modes you're essentially obligated to help your team members because there is only advantages to doing it, and only disadvantages for not helping.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 08:46 PM
I have to admit.

I am ganging up and throwing enemies off' cliffs, without hesitation. My excuse is, that the bots I am playing against (botmatches only), do the same to me and their defense is nearly perfect.

But the humane factor is the reason, I don't really enjoy playing against humans. Most of them try to be competitive and do everything, to bolster their small egos.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 08:53 PM
This type of behavior will persist anyway. If you're in a team match of any type you're putting yourself at a disadvantage to not help your team mate, especially if you are unable to take a certain class in a 1v1. What's the upside to being polite and waiting for your partner to finish their fight, possibly lose and then have you lose the round or match if that is the case? A momentary chance to fight someone and maybe learn something? At the end of the day this is a game and people play games to win primarily. If you are that much against ganking then stay in 1v1's because that is the only way to insure that a gank will never occur, or do 2v2's with a buddy, but you still have to rely on the good faith of the other team to not interfere if your buddy loses. In team game modes you're essentially obligated to help your team members because there is only advantages to doing it, and only disadvantages for not helping.

The bolded part is the key

GnGoons
02-19-2017, 01:35 AM
I stay out of dominion and 4v4 pvp. Thats the place the BADS go to gank because they cant block parry or guard break. Its at the point most of them dont even try to get a b or c they just stand in the middle and try for as many kills as possible to show everyone how big the epeen is.

I_am_a_robot
02-19-2017, 01:49 AM
i think revenge shouldnt pop if your 1v1, only when youre outnumbered and then you should be immovable. u could be guard broken but not pushed around

vAshes2Ashesv
02-19-2017, 01:53 AM
So I agree with most of this, however I don't agree with the OP revenge mode, as revenge mode can be activated in a 2v1 or 1v1 REALLY quickly. Best solution to ganking is pretty simple, imo, friendly fire. Having the team damage way higher, to similar to your damage against enemies would cause collateral damage when ganking, especially those who wildly swing their weapons at 1 target, someone's gonna get hit other than the enemy. To counter team damage trolls, have team damage cause penalties to score as well as after-match penalties for team killing, i.e: 15 min or 30 min bans, then increasingly worse penalties the more bans they have received.

This should sort of indirectly counter the ganking issue overall as people will worry about the penalties a lot more. I often see gankers swinging and hitting their teammates, both doing a small amount of damage and disabling their teammates ability to get the kill on the enemy. Higher team damage should help disable the accessibility of the gank tactic.

Also, for the love of all that is good, nerf throwing people off ledges. Seriously, it's becoming a meme.
See: (Otzdarva) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_7H7K1acQQ
and (Iron Pineapple) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubN8qYjXZ2s

forrest0755
02-19-2017, 02:00 AM
In Elimination it can get out of hand in some rounds, Ill grant you that. But in Domination there is a solution. If the other team is staying in a big group of 4, then your team shpould group up as well. Same with Skirmish. Not that difficult. In elimination, you just have to hope you get a good team. And again, if they are just fleeing at the start of the fight to team up, then team up as well. If its just that your team sucks, and keeps losing at the start, theres not much you can do about that. I want go 4 v1 on someone, cause its more likley you will just hit your teammate.

The_B0G_
02-19-2017, 02:36 AM
Welcome to online gaming.

Panzer_Cmndr
02-19-2017, 02:52 AM
Dominion has become a gank fest, pure and simple. It is basically who ganks the most the best, wins. Hate to see it fall to the lowest common denominator but most online games do, this one did rather quickly. So the answer? Get a good gank squad and enjoy For Gank! (+1 for the Image Verification annoyance)

HecticJackel1
02-19-2017, 03:32 AM

I think if there is any more then 1v2 that no points are awarded for the kill I think that would make it fair

Swiftstrike76
02-19-2017, 06:29 AM
Every game online has ganking. Though it may be wrong, its a efficient tactic to beat a single enemy as quickly as possible. Even in non pvp, couldn't beat that raid boss on your own then 10 of you do it as a "team" 10v1 still ganking wether it ai or a player.
The mentality of it is you hold A now i want A our fight could last 2 min. Thats points a team is losing out. Now comes the gank, though you want a 1v1 you have no control over others and wether you like it on not, there going to lend a hand. After all helping nets points.
Unfortunately there playing the game 4v4 not 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1.
Perhaps increasing friendly damage so with the chaos gankers could kill there own team. As for shield ramming, guard breaking and counter breaking perhaps they should increase the stamina use to 50% would maybe stop them spam of things, but the downside could hinder matches to become slow and boring.
Hate to admit it but if you can't beat erm. Join them.

Good luck.

Altair_Snake
02-19-2017, 07:25 AM

I think if there is any more then 1v2 that no points are awarded for the kill I think that would make it fair
Oh, but they do. The gank trains can beat a random team with no tactic. But a team using the actual Dominion tactic beats a gank train easily, even if it loses more fights.

The briliance of Dominion is exactly this: how anti-ganking the mode is. But most players still haven't figured the mode out, unfortunately.

Boost, Contest, Kill Minions. Most of the time, you can only have two players together, or you'll be losing points big time. You have no idea how terrible a big gank train actually is in Dominion. IF any mode is super ganking friendly, it seems to be Skirmish. Dominion is all about the territories.

whovie
02-19-2017, 07:39 AM
If they made 3v1 situations not contribute to feats I think that would solve the issue or atleast make it not so big of one. Because you can gank a couple guys and unlock all you feats before the other team gets one.

FailOfHDDVD
02-19-2017, 09:24 AM
not gaining revenge from a single attack source and only gaining from multiple sources, will be a great way to tone down revenge mode