PDA

View Full Version : Dodge attack spam and guard break spam need nerf, from someone whos gotten gud.

MidnightVanilla
02-18-2017, 05:15 PM
I can counter all of these moves fine and i dont have a problem with them existing. The problem is you can do these moves to frequently and even if you are great at countering them, a few will slip by, and even if you do counter all of them, thats boring as hell. They should cost more stamina or something so that you can only use those moves a few times in a fight. And light attacks in general should cost more stamina, the fact that you can light attack someone over 20 times before your stamina is done is a bit much. If a lot of people are using these tactics and its causing the majority of people to play this way and a lot of people to express concern over then it should be changed.

The turtling meta is so boring to fight against. I just dont understand how thats a fun style of play, to never attack and then doing the same easy combo over and over again is some kind of mental illness if thats what you spend hours doing.

SeeNoWeevil
02-18-2017, 05:29 PM
The turtling meta is so boring

Guardbreaks are put in the game specifically to prevent turtling, so I don't see how your post makes any kind of sense.

a few will slip by
Well, of course they will. That's fighting games for you. What would be the point of them if they were 100% avoidable?? Mashing attack beats a guard break.

MidnightVanilla
02-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Guardbreaks are put in the game specifically to prevent turtling, so I don't see how your post makes any kind of sense.

Well, of course they will. That's fighting games for you. What would be the point of them if they were 100% avoidable?? Mashing attack beats a guard break.

the point of my post is that one can dodge spam and guardbreak over and over again if left un countered. Its just to encouraging to spam. no matter how good u are at countering you shouldnt be able to spam those moves, i would just like them to cost more stamina so people will not spam as much.

SeeNoWeevil
02-18-2017, 06:18 PM
the point of my post is that one can dodge spam and guardbreak over and over again if left un countered. Its just to encouraging to spam. no matter how good u are at countering you shouldnt be able to spam those moves, i would just like them to cost more stamina so people will not spam as much.

Are you telling me with absolute 100% certainty that there is no counter to someone spamming guardbreak?

MidnightVanilla
02-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Are you telling me with absolute 100% certainty that there is no counter to someone spamming guardbreak?

no im saying you can counter it. but im saying its hard to counter but easy to initiate and it doesnt cost a lot of stamina to dodge spam or gaurdbreak thus people spam them too much. I wish they cost more stamina so that people wouldnt use them as often so they are not the majority of the moves used.

TeoHTime
02-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Guardbreaks are put in the game specifically to prevent turtling

"Turtling" is the safest way to deal with Guardbreaks.

It doesn't matter what you think a mechanic was intended to do, what matters is how it actually functions. Fighting game throw attacks are put in the game specifically to prevent turtling. The For Honour GB does not function like a fighting game throw. Because it is breakable on reaction every time providing you are just sitting there waiting to block and haven't committed to anything.

Velkamit
02-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Making you unable to tech guard breaks would fix this game.

Wrander
02-18-2017, 09:57 PM
Your post dosn't make any sense. First you complain about offense because people are able to mix their attacks up so you can't defend against everything. Than you comlain about turtling meta. If you could mix attacks up that some will always slip through we wouldn't have a turling meta in the first place. So get good and turtle your enemys down till devs shift the gameplay towards offensive play.

MinaX-LorD
02-18-2017, 10:13 PM
Making you unable to tech guard breaks would fix this game.

Honestly, as dumb as it sounds, it is actually the truest statement spoken on these forums. If they were untechable, then people would have to commit to attacks more, because if you just stand there and eat a GB, you get punished. It would make spacing much more important, because it is pretty easy to distance yourself from a GB and it would actually make doing a GB a much bigger gamble.

My god, that is the best idea I've heard.

Wrander
02-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Honestly, as dumb as it sounds, it is actually the truest statement spoken on these forums. If they were untechable, then people would have to commit to attacks more, because if you just stand there and eat a GB, you get punished. It would make spacing much more important, because it is pretty easy to distance yourself from a GB and it would actually make doing a GB a much bigger gamble.

My god, that is the best idea I've heard.
Or you do it like every other Fighting game. Only techable on prediction but short range. As long as you keep your enemy out of your range everything is fine. But when you let your enemy get close to you you have to guess wether your enemy continues to attack or just grabs you.

G0BackT0G0
02-18-2017, 11:33 PM

pretty much this. make guard breaking easier and turtling will be even more viable. as it is, gb is so easy that its not even viable to use it unless in a way that prevents counter guard breaking. which brings us back to your point about dashing. gb is the counter to people dashing around.

Gorgutz117
02-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Doing the same thing over and over should cost more and more stamina each time, to the point that if you do the same thing 3 times in a row you fall down at 0 stam. This would also help with the Warden's vortex, shoulder slam/hit/shoulder slam/hit etc. forever.

UbiNoty
02-19-2017, 02:08 AM
Hi MidnightVanilla - thanks for the feedback. As this is more of a feedback/suggestion topic I'll be moving this over there :D

Vordred
02-19-2017, 02:26 AM
i think GB is fine,

but the Dodging system needs to change. and honestly if it wasn't for how dodge works, i would use GB anywhere near as much as i do. but 8 out of ten times you are fighting an assassin, as because dodge avoids any attack no matter what direction they dodge in as your attacks just pass right through them, and the window is pretty large, i usually have to resort to GB, as it's the only counter to dodge.

but it's pretty boring, doing one attack, GB, one attack GB.

if Dodging into a Strike resulted in a hit, i would try more combos and other stuff. but current'y if you are fighting an assasin, throwing any more than one attack results in you being punished by a dodge attack.