PDA

View Full Version : Question about SS emblems

Umngyr
02-18-2017, 03:38 PM
So, i saw a thread about the whole nazi and SS symbol thing, and i was wondering about something.

Now, let me preface this by saying that i think that nazism is a horrible, ***-backwards philosophy that doesn't have a logical leg to stand on.

However, if you look at the history of the SS, amongst its member features some of the most legendary fighters in history, or at the very least of WW 2. A prime example being Michael Wittmann, the Waffen-SS panzer batallion commander. In fact, several of the SS officers employed in the german armored divisions have legendary kill scores of hundreds of enemy vechicles. Now while the nazi regime was reprehensible, i don't think that there's anything wrong with taking pride in the martial excellence and history of an organization, even if it existed under a regime that we find to be unaceptable.

To give a more modern example, the American government have over the last decade dropped 100.000 bombs in the middle east, resulting in millions of dead civilians. Should emblems signifying millitary organizations such as the Navy SEALs, the marines, the navy, the airforce, special forces, etc, also be considered unacceptable?'

What about all the people that died because of french and british colonialism and the symbols of their organizations? what about the innocent people who died during the crusades and the emblems of the knightly orders that participated? (many of whom would seem to have provided inspiration for this game.) What about all the people murdered during the 800 years of invasions and piracy of europe by the Islamic Caliphate prior to the crusades? Are symbols of the Janitzars and the Islamic legions not allowed then?

If we are to apply this standard in the name of morality, it must be applied EQUALLY. Either ALL of these organizations, who existed under regimes responsible for the deaths of millions of innocents, and their associate symbolism, must be considered acceptable, or NONE of them. Anything else is morally hyprocritical.

RatedChaotic
02-18-2017, 03:45 PM
I totally agree. Just because I have a SS flag in my house doesn't mean Im a neo nazi. I collect all WWI and WWII flags.

Umngyr
02-18-2017, 03:55 PM
why? i mean, why the nazi's specifically? That's sort of my point. What did the nazi's do that makes them singularly worse than anyone else? because there's certainly plenty of cultures and nations that have killed and tortured far more people in equally horrible ways. Just look at the soviet union in that same time period.

Please make ARGUMENTS. Simply stating something does not make it true, no matter how many people might agree with you.

RatedChaotic
02-18-2017, 04:06 PM
I'll use Vlad the Impaler flag. If anyone is top dog in this subject its that guy.

JayFight
02-18-2017, 04:17 PM
I would like to use the buddhist symbol for peace https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Ubi-Gaidheal
02-18-2017, 04:22 PM
I've already answered the other thread with our official stance, so there shouldn't be any more ambiguity over where we stand on the subject. You can see the reply here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1582256-nazi-themed-emblems?p=12330628#post12330628).

This is understandably a very touchy subject and there's a lot of potential for this thread to go southwards, so I'll just close it. Please remember that intentionally restarting a discussion that has been closed is against the forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules).

Thanks,

/Gaid