PDA

View Full Version : matchmaking

Lactose_r3tard
02-18-2017, 12:55 PM
hey guys i bought the game 2 days ago and i've also played the beta,

it was kinda weird for me to see that the first game that i've played i got q't up with prestiges or how it is called in this game (lvl 20+)
and even if i qt with a buddy where we where both below lvl 5 with a character we got placed against people who where way better than us..

we got our *** beaten time after time
ofcourse you have to learn the game and git gud but this really kills the fun

Per_Ole
02-18-2017, 01:11 PM
can't tell you how much I agree with this. Me and some buddies like to group up and play, and we get placed vs reputation 3-6 guys with over 100 gear stat while we play with lvl 8-14 heroes with almost no gear stat. Needless to say, we get thrashed time and time again. We're trying to do the "win 5 dominion matches" order atm, been playing most of the morning and only got 1 win so far.

Grithios
02-18-2017, 01:36 PM
just wait until you get into a game were you have 3 bots (when your alone), or in your matter 2 bots, and there NEVER get switch with players, so that you stay with 2 bots who to easy to kill because they mostly do the same thing, i got crushed because i stayed with 3 bots and never got my team filled.

Short, i want to say this matchmaking is a JOKE, you get q't with prestiges 4-6 players who have heroic gear max lvl, and just crush you down because they just know there charackter 100 times better then you even know right now....

and yeah i know "git gud" but thats just my opinion and not even said in rage, even if it sounds like ^^

r0u9hneck
02-18-2017, 01:48 PM
No reason to use that "git gud" phrase. It's partially true. I've seen people on prest 3 with 108 gear who f_ing 2 shot you.
But I'm saying its partially true, because I'm actually on the other side. My warden is prest 2 lvl 15 smth and I get queued up with people who are mostly 1-2. But often I get enemies who doesnt have prest 1 even. I don't know how the MM is working. Does it even consider levels? Because if it does, it would consider all levels on all heroes alltogether, since you select your hero when the matchmaking is already done.
Something like a hidden rating should be placed in the game, if it's not already there. Yet this whole concent is quite a bit.. illogical. When you pick a hero you've never played, you probably will do way worse then you would with your highest prest hero. And always sticking to that one kills the fun after a while.

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Matchmaking is a complete joke

Highest char is a lvl 14 atm

Duel has nothing to do with gear stats, and since I was a lvl 10 I just can't get a duel match against anyone that isn't over Rep 2, sometimes a Rep 1 comes along. Still it's ridiculous.

Matches are tight but it doesn't change the fact that they obviously have more time in PvP and for that the advantage. Seriously frustrating, and this without going into the obvious match up issues and pseudo exploitable playstyles that are just killing dueling in this game less than 1 week from it's release. 12 char selection pool, and an obvious small meta for this game type unless you want to take on the challenge of having to actually time, block and take advantage of the opportunities you can create while having little to no room for mistake otherwise you'll be punished to hell.

A lot of ppl need firing Ubi.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Matchmaking is a complete joke

Highest char is a lvl 14 atm

Duel has nothing to do with gear stats, and since I was a lvl 10 I just can't get a duel match against anyone that isn't over Rep 2, sometimes a Rep 1 comes along. Still it's ridiculous.

Matches are tight but it doesn't change the fact that they obviously have more time in PvP and for that the advantage. Seriously frustrating, and this without going into the obvious match up issues and pseudo exploitable playstyles that are just killing dueling in this game less than 1 week from it's release. 12 char selection pool, and an obvious small meta for this game type unless you want to take on the challenge of having to actually time, block and take advantage of the opportunities you can create while having little to no room for mistake otherwise you'll be punished to hell.

A lot of ppl need firing Ubi.

Maybe they could just try making games for gamers, not for shareholders this time around?

I just don't get it. They had the most promising new IPs in the last 2 years and yet they still managed to ruin every single one of them.

Also: Is there a single person on this planet who doesn't hate Uplay?

TrollyTheSolly
02-18-2017, 05:23 PM
I completely agree with this. I'm a Prestige 2 Warden main who plays with a Prestige 2 Orochi almost all the time. We win about 80% of all games simply because the enemy is not as experienced as us. They clearly do not know the characters they play. While I try to help them learn when I can, matches like this are not fun for me or the enemy.

Ubisoft needs to fix their matchmaking.

djayfireman
02-18-2017, 05:41 PM
hey guys i bought the game 2 days ago and i've also played the beta,

it was kinda weird for me to see that the first game that i've played i got q't up with prestiges or how it is called in this game (lvl 20+)
and even if i qt with a buddy where we where both below lvl 5 with a character we got placed against people who where way better than us..

we got our *** beaten time after time
ofcourse you have to learn the game and git gud but this really kills the fun

I agree, Ubisoft has no idea what the **** they are doing when it comes to balancing matchmaking. Im stuck only playing 1v1 duels to get anyone close to my skill level and since i played it so much im starting to get higher levels in prestiges while my highest is only lvl 15. I have to say they dropped the damn ball on this one

RickHolt
02-18-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm assuming players have a matchmaking score of some kind. If you're new to the game then it will try you against various players to try and guess what your score should be. A lot of games 'suffer' from poor initial matchmaking. Give it time. Also, levels/reputation only mean they have played that character a lot. It doesn't say anything about their skill level.