PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki grab and downed players

Superlaalaa
02-18-2017, 12:14 PM
I have played Shugoki alot and there's one thing that bothers me - his grab. More precisely, I don't understand why I can't grab players who have fallen down after their stamina is spent. My usual tactic is to bait them near walls, guardbreak after parry and throw to a wall followed by grab. However, if the said player has exhausted his stamina, he will fall on the ground after the guardbreak throw and my grab only grabs air above him.
Why am I being punished by the lack of enemy's stamina management? Weapon swings, both light and heavy, find their target no matter what direction I swing from, but grabs? Nah. For the sake of consistency I propose that either only overhead swings can hit the fallen enemy or that grab is fixed.

Tocki92
02-18-2017, 04:34 PM
As far as I know you can grab them, but you have to wait a little second, the moment he stands up you can hug him.

Knight_Raime
02-18-2017, 05:07 PM
same reason you can't GB someone who's on the ground as well. it would let you punish them harder than acceptable for not as much effort. You are able to grab them in the process of them standing up.

Superlaalaa
02-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Grab does as much damage as heavy attack and I can land heavy attack on downed enemy before he can block or dodge, so the unfair -argument doesn't really work. If I wait for the enemy to start to recover, I might very well lose my time -window to land that grab and then I lose almost half of my health. That's a nice cherry on the top after I bait enemy near wall, manage to parry and grab him and wallstun him just to see him topple down and avoid my grab, because he flailed at me like a madman and ran himself ragged.

BigDBanditoo
02-18-2017, 07:03 PM
l2p Shugoki if they out of stamina and fall on the ground u can charge ur heavy attack and hit them for half HP for free

tonton1926
02-18-2017, 07:06 PM
i dont think he should be able to grab somebody at full health and 1 shot them

Superlaalaa
02-18-2017, 07:17 PM
That 1 shot kill is too much, I agree.