PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, get your region **** together!

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Yes, the title is polemic.

Scenario: I happen to be a European, Living in Dubai. I also happen to be a For Honor player.

Now, if you kids open your google maps and look up where Dubai is, you'll realize that it's on the Arabic Peninsula. There, educational value free of charge! We are a mere several hours across from India. That's rite!

BUT! The internet connectivity and pings to Europe are MUCH better than to India or any part of Asia OR Africa.
YET, I have to wonder, why Ubi does lump me together with Malaysians, Koreans (!), Chinese and the occasional Russian.
This results in bad connectivity, ongoing matchmaking failures and an overall worse ping (RED,ALL THE TIME!).

Fun fact: If I connect via a proxy in Europe, the ping is much better (GREEN, ALL THE TIME!), the matchmaking more stable and the connectivity is boss.
THE SAME happens if I group up with a friend in europe (him being the leader) and HIS region is used for matchmaking. Now, I know, you are not keen on multiregional groups but it's a fact that the region you assigned to Dubai ist WRONG.

So, now. UBISOFT, why do you make my game experience worse by basing my default region somewhere worse than what it could be? Either fix your regions or let me decide for myself which region I want to belong to. Other games (Titanfall 2) allow exactly this and vastly improve my game experience. HECK, R6:Siege connects me to EU and it's your OWN ****ING GAME. So get you **** together!

Singh1_1
02-18-2017, 10:19 AM
yea this game has brilliant optimization when it comes to overall performance of the game, but the networking issues are extremely annoying, ive given up on this game for the time being, maybe theyll fix it in a year or so ( just like r6 siege ) provided it doesnt die before that

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 10:49 AM
And why exactly the europian players have to suffer with higher latency playing with you?

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 10:54 AM
My latency IS GREEN, to Europeans, Pal. And RED to the ones I get assigned to.

See the issue? I make things WORSE for the asians I get lumped together, while everyone would have a better time with me being sent to the europeans and their tasty green ping indication.

So... reading comprehension, much?

KuroFurukou
02-18-2017, 10:57 AM
And why exactly the europian players have to suffer with higher latency playing with you?

Did you even read his post? Apparently not.

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 10:58 AM
My latency IS GREEN, to Europeans, Pal. And RED to the ones I get assigned to.

See the issue?

My issue from eastern europe (Hungary) i get a ping of max 50-60 even in the UK while your region gives me a 100-150.

Maybe good for you, but certainly not good for me.

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:00 AM
"My REGION" apparently stretches out to the southeast asia. OF COURSE you have a bad ping over there, as do I. I get the same ping to you as you get to the UK. Dubai IS IN THE WRONG REGION. So where is your issue again, pal?

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:02 AM
"My REGION" apparently stretches out to the southeast asia. OF COURSE you have a bad ping over there, as do I. I get the same ping to you as you get to the UK. Dubai IS IN THE WRONG REGION. So where is your issue again, pal?

No you don't get that ping, don't lie buddy.

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:04 AM
What you have to understand is allowing you to play with europians is degrading their experience.

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Dude. Why should I lie? Connectivity works both ways. If my connection would be an issue for europeans, why do I have constantly green indication when going via the proxy, next to no connectivity issues and no one ever complains about me being rubberbanding or whatever else you usually experience with high ping players. Besides the fact that the game has EXCELLENT lag compensation, which is the whole point of the shared simulation running.

But no, you are rite. My ping to the UK is actually BETTER than to your precious hungary, just because of how the routing is anyway. This is Dubai, pal. Not Iran. Not Saudi Arabia. Not whatever ME country you ever checked the connectivity on.

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Dude. Why should I lie? Connectivity works both ways. If my connection would be an issue for europeans, why do I have constantly green indication when going via the proxy, next to no connectivity issues and no one ever complains about me being rubberbanding or whatever else you usually experience with high ping players.

But no, you are rite. My ping to the UK is actually BETTER than to your precious hungary, just because of how the routing is anyway.

This is why you are not in the europian region, now can you please accept the fact or you wanna boil here for a couple of more minutes?

https://wondernetwork.com/pings/Dubai/London

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Dude. 120ms average is EXACTLY the average the lag compensation balances out to.

Besides the fact that there are two ISPs in Dubai with different routing and you managed to quote a ping to the wrong one. If you have no clue about the situation down here, BTFO.

I stand by the fact that the gameplay experience for EVERYONE involved is way better if the regions Ubisoft uses are based on ping and not geolocation. Which, fun fact, is also EXACTLY your point too, even if you claim I might be an issue for you :P

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Dude. 120ms average is EXACTLY the average the lag compensation balances out to.

Besides the fact that there are two ISPs in Dubai with different routing and you managed to quote a ping to the wrong one. If you have no clue about the situation down here, BTFO.

No it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU5bIalbnc&ab_channel=Battle%28non%29sense

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Have you watched that video? What does he say what the response time is EVEN IF DIRECTLY CONNECTED?

Here, I make it easy for you: https://youtu.be/tAU5bIalbnc?t=736

Now, I don't care what nonsensical fears you have about ever being playing with me, I can guarantee you my connection is fine, my response time are within tolerance for a smooth experience and there is no reason to push me towards Korea, China and Malaysia for a worse gameplay experience for EVERYONE involved, while the game registers my connectivity and response time as being fine while being sent to Europe.

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Have you watched that video? What does he say what the response time is EVEN IF DIRECTLY CONNECTED?

If you also pay attention that response time is adding to the ping.

GayForShugoki
02-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Come to Australia and then you have a right to cry about bad matchmaking. My ping is red 24/7. Kills are ez though as my lag gives me a major advantage with hits, rofl.

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Here, I make it easy for you: https://youtu.be/tAU5bIalbnc?t=736

Now, I don't care what nonsensical fears you have about ever being playing with me, .

hahaha, good luck in asian region where you belong man. See ya

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:20 AM
NO! He clearly lines out that the doesn't know where the delay comes from and suspects that the ping will be added on top on that, even tho he says he can't test it.

You can try to argument all you want about your precious european master race. The fact that I, as a german engineer down here in Dubai have to put up with a network misconfiguration Ubi has applied to it's region setup does not entitle you to deny me access to a region where the gameplay experience for EVERYONE involved is better.

Kylar.Z
02-18-2017, 11:22 AM
NO! He clearly lines out that the doesn't know where the delay comes from and suspects that the ping will be added on top on that, even tho he says he can't test it.

You can try to argument all you want about your precious european master race. The fact that I, as a german engineer down here in Dubai have to put up with a network misconfiguration Ubi has applied to it's region setup does not entitle you to deny me access to a region where the gameplay experience for EVERYONE involved is better.

if you think you going to europian servers will make the europian players' experience better you are insane, anyway i am done with you.

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Insane?

Rather mad about Ubi being too stupid to base the region assignment on ping. Which, as you claim it to be, would protect you from scum like me :P
And mad at some dumb nationalist hungarian not understanding that the game has a sophisticated lag compensation in place where the difference of ~100ms between your and my ping based on your "facts" does not matter at all, while the connectivity (paket loss) is a nonexistant issue in Europe, while towards Asia it clearly is.

I should not have responded to your ridiculously protective claims in the first place, my bad.

KuroFurukou
02-18-2017, 11:27 AM
if you think you going to europian servers will make the europian players' experience better you are insane, anyway i am done with you.

Good thing you leave, you basicly ruined this thread.

Oshi_123
02-18-2017, 11:49 AM
I have same problem with region search. Europe CIS region green ping for me, BUT PERFECT UBISOFT p2p thinks i should play with Chinese region with all red ping + timewarps. Support didn't help me at all, 5 days i wait.

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 11:58 AM
If you can, use a proxy to force the endpoint of your connection to the Ubisoft matchmaking servers over to Europe.

Oshi_123
02-18-2017, 12:07 PM
If you can, use a proxy to force the endpoint of your connection to the Ubisoft matchmaking servers over to Europe.

Also if you play with friend who live in Eu or Cis you will not have any problems.

Angiergaming
02-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Correct. I confirmed that in my OP.

This just proves that geolocation for matchmaking is stupid and it should be based on ping.