PDA

View Full Version : STATE OF THE GAME (My notes)

Emotionkid
02-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Here are my thoughts on the launch of the game thus far. I really love the game. I have had a lot of fun. My brother and his friend just got it and they like it, but there are a few things that have been keeping us from the enjoyment and turning us towards a disdain for the game. I am not here to complain but rather put forward my concerns and notes in hopes that these issues will be resolved.

I have noticed certain things in game play that aren't functioning accurately or as most likely intended by the game designers. The first of these is the blocking mechanic that seems to allow regular attacks through even if you switch in time. This is especially apparent when playing against the orochi class because they attack so quickly.

On to the Orochi itself. This is a tough class to beat when the other player knows what they're doing and I actually really enjoy the challenge, but when he guard breaks and I go to directionally block his first attack it never blocks it. This allows a character to guard break and get a free surprisingly high damage hit repetitively. I would urge the game makers to change this because if they use a heavy attack you should have the chance to block it out of a guard break. My indicator doesn't even show up on any class especially the slower ones.
Secondly the orochi dash cuts through the conquerors unblockable sprint into shield bash. I don't know if that's because he uses his move first or what but it doesn't make sense that he isn't knocked down and I still take the damage from the hit. (can someone who knows what I mean possibly explain this?)

The second thing is that, in dominion and elimination my buddies and I are consistently having players who have already maxed out their gear ranks as to dominate in those game modes. It's in a way pay to win. I think that if you have someone with a 36 gear rank against those who are all below 10 they should be brought down to that level or put with people of that gear rank to make it a little more balanced. I dont know if this is the best way to do it but a way to do it for sure. I would love to hear your solutions as well! This has been a cause of several of my friends to be quite angry. I challenged one of these high gear rank players out of the game to a 1 v 1 and dispatched him almost instantly so its clear that this gear does make a significant difference. I'm not against the money used to get those upgrades but put them with people of a similar gear rank.

The only other thing is the server lag and occasional reconfiguration. This needs to be looked into for the longevity of the game and I hope they do because Ubisoft has a real gem here that can compete with any other game on the market if they fix these issues.

CryFree410
02-18-2017, 07:51 AM
All characters are balanced

KindMan2236
02-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Gear level isn't all it's cracked up to be, yes you get bonuses but you also get defiencies. You can have a weapon with full attack but you're going to either have to compromise all of your stamina reduction or sacrifice all your defense and I think this is a good way they've balanced it out. It could be that you lost to this player in elimination or dominion because you had sustained prior damage or the input lag had ncreased because your FPS had decreased causing you to miss opportunities to capatalize on your oppnents shortcomings.

I just don't know without video evidence or something because anecdotal evidence doesn't prove to me anything. You can choose to not even put anything in gear at all which is what I did for a long while and you'll still do as good as a player who has put everything into their gear. That being said there are heroes which have flaws which benefit from gear because it may lessen their weakness for instance lawbringer has high stamina consumption.

Tyler-Durdin
02-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Upgrading gear doesn't only cost steel (which yes you can buy) but also salvage (which you cant buy)
SOO there is no pay to win happening at all.
Sure you can purchase Steel only 1 element which you need to upgrade the other element is Salvage.
Some people put a lot of time in getting stuff to convert to salvage , an immense amount of salvage is needed to upgrade your gear to top levels.
NONE of this is PAY TO WIN because simply you cannot buy the required items to upgrade your gear.
Also sever lag you say LOL the game runs on a Peer to Peer connection the reason why its reconfiguring is because everyone has different internet speeds reconfiguring to the host in a feeble attempt to try and keep the playing field equal and we ALL know its just not the case because of the blocking being so broken.

The_B0G_
02-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Upgrading gear doesn't only cost steel (which yes you can buy) but also salvage (which you cant buy)
SOO there is no pay to win happening at all.
Sure you can purchase Steel only 1 element which you need to upgrade the other element is Salvage.
Some people put a lot of time in getting stuff to convert to salvage , an immense amount of salvage is needed to upgrade your gear to top levels.
NONE of this is PAY TO WIN because simply you cannot buy the required items to upgrade your gear.
Also sever lag you say LOL the game runs on a Peer to Peer connection the reason why its reconfiguring is because everyone has different internet speeds reconfiguring to the host in a feeble attempt to try and keep the playing field equal and we ALL know its just not the case because of the blocking being so broken.

You buy salvage with steel and break down items you don't want. So you can get good gear and upgrade it by using real money.

That being said I don't really care if people do it, gear isn't all that hard to get, their advantage with high level gear will be short lived and it will cost them a lot of their money. I bought champion status for 6 months and thats the only extra money I'll be putting into the game besides dlc.

I figure champion status is much more worth it than just using loads of money on just one character.

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Level 36 gear is seriously making no difference at all...

Ichnich89
02-18-2017, 12:14 PM
You can actually beat prestige 2 players with a good played hero on lvl 1. Just saying. Even a 1v3 is possible.
Git gud. Play some dark souls and come back ;)