PDA

View Full Version : People desperatly want a winner stands mode

Waynedetta40k
02-18-2017, 06:56 AM
Hi,

for people who do not know what kind of mode I'am talking about, Winner stands mean:

Teams of 2-4 players are joining an arena like environment
The fighting players are joining the arena to face each other, no enviromental hazzards no ledges no bull$hit.
The rest of the players are watching from a stand(or optional from a fighting players pov) all together.
The looser dies the winner stands to face the next opponent from the enemy team.
Ofc if a team looses all his players lost the other team wins

Pros:
possible 3v3
honorable duells are actually what a lot of people like to see if I look at forums and ingame behavior especially 2v2.
The game shines when it comes to 1v1, so why not going 2v2 (or more) but still have 1v1s together with friends :D

Cons:
Sadly, and its properly one of the reasons its not in the game yet, it just does not fit the game in general. I mean its war why would there be a duel arena?

But imo the gameplay aspect is more valuable than the bad impact it has on the immersion. So if I had to vote I would go with YES what do you guys think?

dave2k12
02-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Hi,

for people who do not know what kind of mode I'am talking about, Winner stands mean:

Teams of 2-4 players are joining an arena like environment
The fighting players are joining the arena to face each other, no enviromental hazzards no ledges no bull$hit.
The rest of the players are watching from a stand(or optional from a fighting players pov) all together.
The looser dies the winner stands to face the next opponent from the enemy team.
Ofc if a team looses all his players lost the other team wins

Pros:
possible 3v3
honorable duells are actually what a lot of people like to see if I look at forums and ingame behavior especially 2v2.
The game shines when it comes to 1v1, so why not going 2v2 (or more) but still have 1v1s together with friends :D

Cons:
Sadly, and its properly one of the reasons its not in the game yet, it just does not fit the game in general. I mean its war why would there be a duel arena?

But imo the gameplay aspect is more valuable than the bad impact it has on the immersion. So if I had to vote I would go with YES what do you guys think? this actually sounds good but unfortunately it's not a gladiator game but I would like to see this in like basically the champion stays and fights while people are challenging him and it brings everyone who ques up for the gametype in basically and its winner stays and fights and he has to be beat in order for him to be replaced could work for 2v2 and 3v3 and 4v4 basically very competitive people will want to build a team to beat the people that are dominating and stuff maybe add leaderboards for how many rounds you can survive/win would be great

I don't agree with if one person looses they all loose because well if u lost for not being able to contribute what good is that