PDA

View Full Version : Need official Ubisoft statement clarification.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 06:38 AM
I thought about doing a detailed post, but I just don't feel like it. So I will make this short and sweet, and any official clarification would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest thing to me for a game like this is the unknown. Sadly, there seems to be a lot of that going around.

What do each of the gear stats effect, and by how much/what scale are they on?

While some may be obvious, the numbers themselves are still unknown. If I can get a reply with detailed breakdowns I will edit it into this first post and hopefully this can get stickied.

Below are all the gear stats in the game. I think we all really need to know exactly what each one is doing, and by how much. Are they based on a 0-10 scale or a -5-5 scale ? Does attack on a blade effect the damage of feats ? What does defense do on a blade vs defense resist on armor ?

I have done some research and there are a lot of posts going around of players filling in the gaps, but there is still so much left unanswered.

Helm:

Debuff Resistance:

Revenge Mode Duration:

Exhaustion Recovery:

Chest:

Execution Health Regen:

Block Damage:

Sprint Speed:

Arms:

Block Damage Resistance:

Revive Speed:

Stamina Regen:

Blade:

Attack:

Defense:

Stamina Cost Reduction:

Hilt:

Feat Cooldown Reduction:

Revenge Mode Defense:

Revenge Gain by Defense:

Guard:

Throw Distance:

Revenge Mode Attack:

Revenge Gain by Injury:

Again any breakdown from an official staff would be greatly appreciated, and I would love for this to be stickied for others to see once information is filled in. All players deserve to know exactly how their gear effects them and by how much. If you only get +2 damage for a full bar of attack on a blade, it may be more beneficial to take stamina reduction, or defense. But to make these choices information is required.

Thanks in advance-
Crakka

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Bump.

TucuReborn
02-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Bump.

Bumping is a violation of forum rules.

Also, I agree. There are no explanations I can find that are official, only ones on outside websites that don't always make sense.

My main question is on the Block Damage Resistance and Block Damage. What do these do?

As far as what each one does, we can only guess based on logic and ingame testing.

Thankfully, most are self explanatory.

And, as for how they work, the base gear as stats balanced between all three options, and gear raises 1-2 stats and lowers the third. In other words, with a Blade part that increases defense, you will lose either damage or have increased stamina costs per attack. No gear leaves you perfectly balanced, but gear can push you to your limits.

Going for high damage and Revenge mode gear lets you even pull off some oneshots and have revenge up constantly, which seems to be the meta for higher levels.

dave2k12
02-18-2017, 08:16 AM
I thought about doing a detailed post, but I just don't feel like it. So I will make this short and sweet, and any official clarification would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest thing to me for a game like this is the unknown. Sadly, there seems to be a lot of that going around.

What do each of the gear stats effect, and by how much/what scale are they on?

While some may be obvious, the numbers themselves are still unknown. If I can get a reply with detailed breakdowns I will edit it into this first post and hopefully this can get stickied.

Below are all the gear stats in the game. I think we all really need to know exactly what each one is doing, and by how much. Are they based on a 0-10 scale or a -5-5 scale ? Does attack on a blade effect the damage of feats ? What does defense do on a blade vs defense resist on armor ?

I have done some research and there are a lot of posts going around of players filling in the gaps, but there is still so much left unanswered.

Helm:

Debuff Resistance:

Revenge Mode Duration:

Exhaustion Recovery:

Chest:

Execution Health Regen:

Block Damage:

Sprint Speed:

Arms:

Block Damage Resistance:

Revive Speed:

Stamina Regen:

Blade:

Attack:

Defense:

Stamina Cost Reduction:

Hilt:

Feat Cooldown Reduction:

Revenge Mode Defense:

Revenge Gain by Defense:

Guard:

Throw Distance:

Revenge Mode Attack:

Revenge Gain by Injury:

Again any breakdown from an official staff would be greatly appreciated, and I would love for this to be stickied for others to see once information is filled in. All players deserve to know exactly how their gear effects them and by how much. If you only get +2 damage for a full bar of attack on a blade, it may be more beneficial to take stamina reduction, or defense. But to make these choices information is required.

Thanks in advance-
Crakka

Debuff resistance = less bleed damage

Revenge mode duration = how long revenge lasts

Exhaustion recovery = how fast you recover from running out of stamina and grey screen

Execution health regen = when you execute a enemy how much health you get back

Block damage= how much damage you do to your opponent with a heavy attack when they block I think

Sprint speed = how fast you can run

Block damage resistance = how much damage u negate from a heavy attack when u block

Revive speed = how fast you can revive

Stamina regen = how fast you can regenerate stamina

Attack = how hard you hit I think this includes bleeds I'm not sure

Defence = not 100% sure on this but I think you take less damage from everything

Stamina cost reduction = it costs less stamina for your attacks rolls heavy attacks/combos

Feat cool down reduction= how fast using ur spells in dominion and 4v4's recharge

Revenge mode defence = take less damage in revenge

Revenge gain by defence = you get more revenge points for blocking

Throw distance = how far you can grab and throw a player

Revenge mode attack = attack to gain revenge points

Revenge gain by injury = the more ur hit the faster ur revenge points go up

Hope this helps and it all depends on play style to be honest do you want a defensive build or a damage build

E-A-X
02-18-2017, 08:18 AM
official clarification is greatly appreciated agree, no need for "thinking" i want to know it 100% accurate without a single missunderstanding aswell.

dave2k12
02-18-2017, 08:25 AM
official clarification is greatly appreciated agree, no need for "thinking" i want to know it 100% accurate without a single missunderstanding aswell.

Unfortunately my answer is probably gonna be as good as it gets so yea I doubt they will clarify

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Bumping is a violation of forum rules.

Also, I agree. There are no explanations I can find that are official, only ones on outside websites that don't always make sense.

My main question is on the Block Damage Resistance and Block Damage. What do these do?

As far as what each one does, we can only guess based on logic and ingame testing.

Thankfully, most are self explanatory.

And, as for how they work, the base gear as stats balanced between all three options, and gear raises 1-2 stats and lowers the third. In other words, with a Blade part that increases defense, you will lose either damage or have increased stamina costs per attack. No gear leaves you perfectly balanced, but gear can push you to your limits.

Going for high damage and Revenge mode gear lets you even pull off some oneshots and have revenge up constantly, which seems to be the meta for higher levels.

My bad, I was not aware, was just trying to keep it current. While I agree some are obvious, I am curious if they effect anything else. Like sprint speed for example, seems obvious but what it makes your dodges faster.

Numbers or atleast knowing what the bar scale is would be super helpful. Like I put in the OP, if im only getting a max of +2 damage from a full bar of attack, but stamina cost reduction can get up to 20% for a full bar, at that point an extra 2 points of damage is not worth it.

Revenge is a good build but depending on the game mode I may rather have a different setup. I would also like to know character numbers in general. Like how much stamina do I lose from being GBed or "blinded". I cant' stand being GBed, blinded, and then thrown only to be out of stamina and can't retaliate. Also does stamina cost reduction reduce ALL things associated to stam, or just attacks ?

I've tried experimenting, but it's just to difficult to pinpoint what works and does not. Id love to know if an attack build with block damage is viable, or if block damage is so minuscule that it is not worth the effort.

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 08:27 AM
http://www.gameskinny.com/aww82/for-honor-gear-stat-guide

Debuff resistance isn't just less bleeding, it basically acts like hit recovery, or the speed at which you can perform successive actions after being interrupted.

I sacrificed debuff resistance in order to get other stats higher, and noticed that my character played totally differently.

Also, according to that link, Mike got quite a bit wrong, namely block damage and block damage resistance.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately my answer is probably gonna be as good as it gets so yea I doubt they will clarify

I appreciate you taking the time to break down the basics, that was something I just was not in the mood for. However, the details are super important. Like does debuff resistance just for literal debuffs, or does it include bleeds as well ?

dave2k12
02-18-2017, 08:31 AM
I appreciate you taking the time to break down the basics, that was something I just was not in the mood for. However, the details are super important. Like does debuff resistance just for literal debuffs, or does it include bleeds as well ? it includes bleeds and literal debuffs

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 08:35 AM
it includes bleeds and literal debuffs

I have seen statements on both sides. Some say it does, others say nay. Does this also reduce the time blinds last ? I am just really surprised that this has to even be brought up. Lets just hope an Ubisoft Mod can clarify and sticky this so it won't be a problem anymore.

TucuReborn
02-18-2017, 08:38 AM
My bad, I was not aware, was just trying to keep it current. While I agree some are obvious, I am curious if they effect anything else. Like sprint speed for example, seems obvious but what it makes your dodges faster.

Numbers or atleast knowing what the bar scale is would be super helpful. Like I put in the OP, if im only getting a max of +2 damage from a full bar of attack, but stamina cost reduction can get up to 20% for a full bar, at that point an extra 2 points of damage is not worth it.

Revenge is a good build but depending on the game mode I may rather have a different setup. I would also like to know character numbers in general. Like how much stamina do I lose from being GBed or "blinded". I cant' stand being GBed, blinded, and then thrown only to be out of stamina and can't retaliate. Also does stamina cost reduction reduce ALL things associated to stam, or just attacks ?

I've tried experimenting, but it's just to difficult to pinpoint what works and does not. Id love to know if an attack build with block damage is viable, or if block damage is so minuscule that it is not worth the effort.

I actually believe someone did do a full speed build during beta, and if I remember they said it made you dodge farther.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 08:42 AM
I actually believe someone did do a full speed build during beta, and if I remember they said it made you dodge farther.

When I was testing out sprint speed, I felt that my dodges were faster, just can't confirm. If they actually make you dodge farther that would be even better.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Summoning all moderators/devs. This is an important topic and really needs clarification.

TucuReborn
02-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Summoning all moderators/devs. This is an important topic and really needs clarification.

Again, bumping isn't allowed. They will get here when they get here, if they ever do. I've seen posts be locked after pages of good discussion because they were bumped once at the beginning.