PDA

View Full Version : Why is Warden considered top tier?

Sauronbaine
02-18-2017, 06:09 AM
I never understood this. I hear people complain that warden is top tier((I dont play warden)) but I honestly think he's mediocre. Not bad like conq or lawbringer, but mid tier. People say hes top tier cause of his versaility... yet as a conq ive never had a issue with them. Then again im a good at playing the conq. But what makes Warden so good?

I never understood it. Can someon explain it please? :)

In all honesty, im slightly disappointed in the heavier classes of the knights. Seems only the PK is top tier imo((Well once she gets her damn bleeds back to being super strong xD))

CaptainGelo
02-18-2017, 06:13 AM
Attack and Guard change speed and charge GB

FirstSlayer09
02-18-2017, 06:14 AM
I never understood this. I hear people complain that warden is top tier((I dont play warden)) but I honestly think he's mediocre. Not bad like conq or lawbringer, but mid tier. People say hes top tier cause of his versaility... yet as a conq ive never had a issue with them. Then again im a good at playing the conq. But what makes Warden so good?

In all honesty, im slightly disappointed in the heavier classes of the knights. Seems only the PK is top tier imo((Well once she gets her damn bleeds back to being super strong xD))
lol pk is still strong and was op pre nerfs. as for your warden comments any hero can be top tier in the right hands :)

Felis_Menari
02-18-2017, 06:16 AM
The warden has a small move set, but that just means it's easier to focus on the fundamentals, I think. And if anyone gets good at partying high attacks consistently, they'll be extremely nasty with the counter attack. A well played warden is a very dangerous for.

Sauronbaine
02-18-2017, 06:18 AM
Attack and Guard change speed and charge GB

So basically top tier against people who dont know what they are doing. Lol

Waynedetta40k
02-18-2017, 06:19 AM
People consider him top tier because his zone attack and top light are REALLY hard to block.
This comes mostly from people who are also consideing people have a "perfect defense" therefore block most of the stuff but wardens zone and top light are so fast that they somewhat can penetrate even a perfect defesne.

I play warden myself I do not have a perfect defense by far but i can already tell if they do not buff up the other classes i think his zone will be nerfed.

CaptainGelo
02-18-2017, 06:21 AM
So basically top tier against people who dont know what they are doing. Lol
No, OP against people who knows

ThePollie
02-18-2017, 06:21 AM
What it lacks in "special" it makes up for in raw, overwhelming "basic".

T_Djinn_T
02-18-2017, 06:26 AM

What makes Warden the strongest class in the game right now is simple.
Yes he has a small kit
BUT
He can charge an unblockable guard break they he can cancel at anytime. Your choice is to dodge (Which will mean if he keeps charging it he misses) but if it cancels it he gets a free guard break.
His top light attack and zone attack are the second fastest attacks in the game. Rivaling the Peace keepers attack speed (only .025 seconds slower than PK with zone and .05 with top light) making attacks nearly impossible to react to.
He is one of two classes in the game that after a parry can follow up with ANY attack he feels like and be completely safe (Heavy will be blocked but still safe) Most other classes are required to Guard break or Light attack. Pointing out the Lawbringer here (Since his kit is around parrying attacks.) Lawbringer can ONLY light attack after parry. Any other attack and the enemy is too far away to connect.

So while yes. The Warden's kit is small and very simple. He is the strongest character in the game simply due to the two buffs he received in beta. 1 Being his attack speed. 2 being his Unblock GB being able to cancel it into a GB whenever he wants (And consuming 0 stamina when doing so)

Oshi_123
02-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Fast attacks - No damage deal - Top tier = For Honor community.
Shoulder bash - can't 1 dodge back/counter gb - nerf pls.
After parry you can't reach target - balanced.

Classes who never attack first and spam dodge - light attack while you trying to attack or gb - NORMAL tactic.

E-A-X
02-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Warden has 4 tools, shoulderbash, shoulderbash feint into guardbreak, fast top attacks and fast zone attack.

Shoulderbash with or w/o feint into guardbreak is a opener ability that guarantees damage against any class that cant dodge sidewards + lightattack at the same time.
While warden basicly has immunity to all top attacks with a extremly strong counterattack.

what oshi23who says is completly wrong (if i understand his irony correctly) with dodging backwards, because this game has that massive delay you get guardbroken if you do that, you already get way too late the info that a shoulderbash is coming in (according to battle(non)sense there already is 110 MS LAG in a lanenvironment and theres more online!) and on top of that your client also gets way to late the info that the shoulderbash feint has already happend and guardbreak is coming in.

Yes you can roll backwards, but then what? you lose 50% stamina and 1 second later you wanna roll backwards again?

Like 1on1 warden vs warden is the most stupid thing ive ever seen, because its based on pure luck if you dodge the shoulderbash or counter the guardbreak, the game has too much delay to do the correct move and on top of that it doesnt give you the option to dodge + counter the guardbreak at the same time.
Shoulderbash gives you a free top light or the feint gives you a free guardbreak, if your enemy decided to dodge and hence a free heavy, free knock off the map etc.

If you do a zone attack and the other warden guards it, she will get a free guardbreak on you, if you do it from short distance.